Author Topic: midis wont uninstall completley  (Read 2222 times)

lee7272

• Underling
midis wont uninstall completley
« on: September 24, 2009, 03:32:57 PM »
thing is i have two versions stoneys unofficall and the offical one

is there a way i completlety uninstall bot completly

i tried  to unistall offical no problem there, but i go to uninstall stoneys unofficall, i cant find the folder where its at(not there anymore)

registry fix maybe

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Re: midis wont uninstall completley
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 03:39:21 PM »
How are you uninstalling the program: Add/Remove Programs, or a shortcut in the Start Menu?

thelostgod

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 03:45:55 PM »
I could be wrong here but I believe the Stoney UN-official version was not installable in the first place it was simply an executable that allowed the program to run with an altered database without actually installing on your computer simply delete the folders and you should be fine, however I'm sure Stoney himself could give you a 100% correct answer as mine is only speculation, but I am almost positive I am correct.

St0n3y

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 03:52:26 PM »
The only thing you have to do to delete my unofficial version is delete the folder that you unzipped.  Mine had no type of install.

*EDIT* - You are absolutely right thelostgod :)

If you are using Vista, try going to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ and deleting tthe Mids' folder if there is in there.  That path is for 32-bit Vista.  If you are using 64-bit Vista, then try C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\.    AppData is a hidden folder so you will need to enable seeing the hidden folders by pressing Alt > then go to Tools > Folder Options > Click the View tab > then put the bullet next to "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" > click Apply > then click OK.  You should now be able to see the AppData folder.

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!