Author Topic: Bugs with new Epic powers?  (Read 5171 times)

Fallen Angel Eyes

• Minion
Bugs with new Epic powers?
« on: September 16, 2009, 07:07:44 PM »
First of all, yay for new Mids! Thanks so much for all the hard work that was put into this :) Second of all, I haven't seen anything about this on the forums, but I think there's some prerequisite bugs, at least going by the skill descriptions, in some of the epic/patron pools. I'll break this down by pool as I've tested.

Some of the newly added powers to the epic/patron pools are not counting as prerequisites towards the level 47 power of the set. I was originally writing up all the combos that do work and all the combos that don't, but I found the repeating information to be rather superfluous.  It's suffice to say that any 2 power combination that includes the prerequisite power that is not counting will not open up the level 47 power. All other power combinations do, as do any 2 powers that do work + the broken prereq, presumably because they're properly flagged and the bugged power is not. I'll also list whether or not I was able to test whether it's working as designed on Test or not.

Blaster: Flame Mastery
level 47 power that is not unlocking: Rise of the Phoenix
Prerequisite not counting: Melt Armor
Confirmed on Test: I unfortunately do not have a high level blaster on test in order to verify whether this is working as designed ingame or not.  However, Repulsion Bomb, the new power in Force Mastery for Blasters, is working fine as prerequisite for Force of Nature.

Controller: Psionic Mastery
level 47 power that is not unlocking: Psionic Tornado
Prerequisite not counting: World of Confusion
Confirmed on Test: Negative, do not have a troller on Test, however prereqs for Flame Mastery seem to be working fine in the designer.

Scrapper: Body Mastery
level 47 power that is not unlocking: Energy Torrent
Prerequisite not counting: Physical Perfection
Confirmed on Test: Yes, the combos that should work but don't do indeed work fine on Test to open up Energy Torrent at 47. So yay, I'm not crazy :P

Scrapper: Darkness Mastery
level 47 power that is not unlocking: Tenebrous Tentacles
Prequisite not counting: Night Fall
Confirmed on Test: Yes

Tanker: Energy Mastery
level 47 power that is not unlocking: Energy Torrent
Prerequisite not counting: Physical Perfection
Confirmed on Test: Yes

VEAT: Soul Mastery
level 47 power that is not unlocking: Summon Widow
Prerequisite not counting: Darkest Night
Confirmed on Test: No, my test VEAT unfortunately does not have her patron arc unlocked

VEAT: Leviathan Mastery
level 47 power that is not unlocking: Summon Guardian
Prerequisite not counting: Arctic Breath
Confirmed on Test: No

VEAT: Mace Mastery
level 47 power that is not unlocking: Summon Blaster
Prerequisite not counting: Shatter Armor

VEAT: Mu Mastery
level 47 power that is not unlocking: Summon Striker
Prerequisite not counting: Static Discharge

Brute: Mu Mastery
level 47 power that is not unlocking: Summon Striker
Prerequisite not counting: Static Discharge

Okay I spent a long time writing this up and my pizza is getting cold :P Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon :)

transamdude

• Underling
Re: Bugs with new Epic powers?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 10:20:24 PM »
I have the same issue as above.  I also noticed that Char, under Blaze Mastery is given a base damage of 176.

transamdude

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 11:47:51 PM »
Another thing I found, several of the pool powers are in the wrong order.... combat jumping and super jump have switched, hasten and super speed have switched, teleport and teleport foe have switched, and fly and air superiority have switched.  The available level for these powers have been changed to 6.

Spar

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 11:49:48 PM »
Another thing I found, several of the pool powers are in the wrong order.... combat jumping and super jump have switched, hasten and super speed have switched, teleport and teleport foe have switched, and fly and air superiority have switched.  The available level for these powers have been changed to 6.
That's to go with the new veteran ability to select travel powers at lvl6.

St0n3y

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 02:44:12 AM »
I just went through and fixed all requirements for the level 47 powers for all pools that had a new power added.  This should be in the next update.

I also have the sorting for travel powers fixed.  Travel powers will correctly be listed third in the list, but still selectable at level six to compensate for the 60 month vet badge, City Traveler.

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

Fallen Angel Eyes

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »
Woo, awesome, thanks for the quick response!

gg

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 04:37:40 AM »
im building a fort w/ mace mastery,  but shatter armor is only accepting tohit buff set ios and it is a melee pwr.   Is this correct?

St0n3y

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 05:37:05 AM »
im building a fort w/ mace mastery,  but shatter armor is only accepting tohit buff set ios and it is a melee pwr.   Is this correct?

I have no clue why that was happening, but it is fixed internally and will be inclulded in the next patch.

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

pulgasari

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 02:01:01 PM »
Hey there...first time posting :o)

When I save a build that contains Physical Perfection and then open it, it shows up as Adrenanlin Boost.  Any suggestions?

I tried uninstalling the previous mids that I had and then downloading the new one and I'm still getting the same problem.  Funny thing is that I downloaded from the same place on another computer and it works just fine...just not on this one. 

It kind of looks like it may be the first update where the travel powers are available at level 6 but I'm not sure how that could be happening since I'm going off of the new link...help!!!!   :D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 03:44:39 PM by pulgasari »