Author Topic: DragonCon 2009  (Read 3155 times)

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
DragonCon 2009
« on: August 21, 2009, 06:31:18 PM »
Since Tony mentioned it in the PAX thread, I figured I should ask about the other con happening that weekend.

Who all will be at the Dragon*con in Atlanta?

It's not going to have an Nc/Paragon presence, but there is a City of Heroes panel tentatively scheduled for Sunday Evening (5:30p), and I plan on going to that.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Re: DragonCon 2009
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 05:42:12 PM »
I saw the fliers at Subway yesterday.  :)

I'll try to make it, but I can't promise anything yet.

Catharctic

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 12:25:18 AM »
They're coming?!?!?!?

I'm there if I'm not out of town that weekend.

Got the dates?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 12:33:25 AM »
They're coming?!?!?!?

I'm there if I'm not out of town that weekend.

Got the dates?
It's not going to have an Nc/Paragon presence,

sept 3 - 7, with the CoH panel on sunday, tenatively

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 03:05:17 AM »
Yeah, here's the schedule.  I don't exactly know what it means.  Are people going to be playing the games in the room?  Is it just a time for fans to "meet and greet"?

On a related note, if I go, I am going to sign up for two of the photo-ops.  At one point in my life, it would have been a no-brainer: being a die-hard Trekkie (and I think the whole "Trekkie"/"Trekker" debate is stupid; if you want to call fans "Trekkies," it's a label I can live with), it would have been with Leonard Nimoy and Willian Shatner.

Now, though, not so much.  I don't hate them or anything, but now, it would be Felicia Day and Karen Allen.  If you don't know who Felicia Day is, Google her.  As for Karen Allen, I have had a crush on her since I was, well, I don't want to date myself, but let's just leave it at I've had a crush on her for a long time.  :)

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 04:44:33 AM »
Yeah, here's the schedule.  I don't exactly know what it means.  Are people going to be playing the games in the room?  Is it just a time for fans to "meet and greet"?

On a related note, if I go, I am going to sign up for two of the photo-ops.  At one point in my life, it would have been a no-brainer: being a die-hard Trekkie (and I think the whole "Trekkie"/"Trekker" debate is stupid; if you want to call fans "Trekkies," it's a label I can live with), it would have been with Leonard Nimoy and Willian Shatner.

Now, though, not so much.  I don't hate them or anything, but now, it would be Felicia Day and Karen Allen.  If you don't know who Felicia Day is, Google her.  As for Karen Allen, I have had a crush on her since I was, well, I don't want to date myself, but let's just leave it at I've had a crush on her for a long time.  :)

Mostly a meet and greet.  Talking and speculating about the game.  Last year, NcSoft sent a pallet worth of swag/stuff to the con to give out: copies of CoV fresh in the launch box, copies of Tabula Rasa, few other things.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 03:18:49 AM »
I don't hate them or anything, but now, it would be Felicia Day and Karen Allen.  If you don't know who Felicia Day is, Google her.  As for Karen Allen, I have had a crush on her since I was, well, I don't want to date myself, but let's just leave it at I've had a crush on her for a long time.  :)

Funny thing.  I had to Google Karen Allen to see who she was.  (Only took a glace to remember, just never knew her name.)  But no need with Felicia Day.  :D
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Catwhoorg

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 09:09:49 PM »
Unless Mags drags me along at the last minute due to her being overwhelmed with geekiness I'll not be there this year.

:(
Catwhoorg Claws/Regen/Awesome of Triumph

Dabbling with CO and LOTRO.

Mainly playing single player games and PBEM wargames.

Catharctic

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 03:23:53 PM »
I'm going out of town, but I'm thinking I might make it back for the COH panel. What's everyone's status?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 03:32:31 PM »
I'm still going to be there :)