Author Topic: Stalker PvE Damage Bug?  (Read 2557 times)

St0n3y

• Boss
Stalker PvE Damage Bug?
« on: August 18, 2009, 07:10:37 AM »
I was playing around with porting some proliferated sets to the other ATs in Mid's to try and get a jump on I16, and noticed a bug with stalker PvE damage.  The PvP numbers match with real numbers in game, but the PvE numbers do not.  The odd thing is the PvE numbers are correct in the specific power's effects in the database editor.

I will use Claws/Swipe as an example:

Live
-----     
PvE - 42.26 lethal damage at lvl 50
PvP - 59.17 lethal damage at lvl 50

Mids
-----
PvE - 54.1 lethal damage at lvl 50
PvP - 59.2 lethal damage at lvl 50
Swipe effects in database editor - 42.3 lethal damage vs critters (PvE)

Anybody know why the PvE numbers are factoring in an additional 11.84 damage, or am I just missing something?

St0n3y

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Stalker PvE Damage Bug?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 11:32:47 AM »
When you tested this in-game, what were you testing against?  Any chance your target had some significant resistance to Lethal damage?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 11:44:25 AM »
Because the numbers have change a little since the last update of MxD and now. Unless you downloaded the alpha or the 2 files I provided on the MxD forum... your numbers will be close... but not acculturate.

And if you DO have said changes to your MxD... than I got some number crunchin' to do.
~Steinerd

St0n3y

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 03:30:37 PM »
When you tested this in-game, what were you testing against?  Any chance your target had some significant resistance to Lethal damage?

These findings were not determined by using the actual power in game, just going by the real numbers.  Not to sound snarky but my exact words from my last post were, "The PvP numbers match with real numbers in game, but the PvE numbers do not."  Also, "The odd thing is the PvE numbers are correct in the specific power's effects in the database editor."

Because the numbers have change a little since the last update of MxD and now. Unless you downloaded the alpha or the 2 files I provided on the MxD forum... your numbers will be close... but not acculturate.

And if you DO have said changes to your MxD... than I got some number crunchin' to do.

I have both files that you posted.  I also checked those numbers against a non-modified Mid's install and they are the same there also.  Like I said, the PvP numbers match perfectly.  It's just the PvE numbers are getting extra damage applied to them somehow.  *shrugs*  And to just make things a little more clear, these issues happen to all PvE powers that deal damage accross the board for stalkers primaries.  I havent looked into Patron powers yet.

I am gettin ready to head to work but I plan on working some more on this when I get home.  If I find anything else, I will be sure to let you know Steiner

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 04:46:52 PM »
Not to sound snarky but my exact words from my last post were, "The PvP numbers match with real numbers in game, but the PvE numbers do not."

No snark taken.  ;)

"Real numbers" can mean a lot of different things.  My first instinct is to read that as "I've tested this by using the power against something in the game in real-time."  However, I now understand that you meant "as shown in the Detailed Info tab in the Info window."
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov