Author Topic: Woot, official forums up... sort of  (Read 5586 times)

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Woot, official forums up... sort of
« on: July 31, 2009, 09:02:56 PM »
Well, the good news is that it looks like the official forums are now converted over.  I can actually log in.

The bad news is that it looks like they're still doing some kind of maintenance on it.  I'm guessing (but I don't know for sure) that they have everything ready and and having some internal people poke around on it before turning it on and considering it live.  Or maybe they're just doing one final backup of the pre-go live database.  At any rate, it has changed from the "nothing here" page to the vBulletin scheduled maintenance page, so I hope that's progress.  :)

Kryhavoc

• Underling
Re: Woot, official forums up... sort of
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 09:27:55 PM »
I was happy to see it back up finally.  I saw sever Topic Categories and tried to log in, but was told my password didn't match.

I decided to try to register and then got the scheduled maintenance message.

I am not entirely certain, but I think we might have to register for this forum separately from the previous COH forum.  Does anyone know for certain?

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 09:51:02 PM »
They're completely up now.  They posted a message saying to use your game login name and password to access the forums.

Oh, and here's a quick tip.  Since they've included European users now, this link is better to use as a bookmark.  It will get you to the layout and scheme they used before on the North American forums.  (Assuming you don't want to bother with the French and German forums, of course.)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 09:56:50 PM by TonyV »

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »
I was happy to see it back up finally.  I saw sever Topic Categories and tried to log in, but was told my password didn't match.

I decided to try to register and then got the scheduled maintenance message.

I am not entirely certain, but I think we might have to register for this forum separately from the previous COH forum.  Does anyone know for certain?
The forum now uses the same username and password as you use to log into the game with.
http://twitter.com/Positron_CoH/statuses/3058830060

Smokey-Imp

• Underling
  • Me in my Chuck Norris shirt =D
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 11:48:23 PM »
Awesome the forums are back! ;D
Smokey-Imp: 50 Fire/kin- Virtue

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 12:00:53 AM »
The forum now uses the same username and password as you use to log into the game with.

You know, I can't say that I'm a fan of using the same password for the forums.  (Don't think I'm alone in that from some of the other posts I've seen already.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Lady Thanatos

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 06:41:02 AM »
If you have any feedback you'd like to leave, Mod8/Ocho has a 'New Boards Feedback' thread in the ... CoH/CoV General Discussion board I think. There's a link via his official announcement post as well.

I tried to be positive... or at least not outright snarly...  ;)

-- Lady T

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 08:29:03 AM »
*waves to Lady T...

Hey there!  How's everything going?  (Hmm, is it possible to threadjack your own thread?)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 09:11:48 AM »
Good news: avatars can now be 100x100 pixels!  ;D

Bad news: it scales up smaller avatars automagically.  :(

Worse news: that makes the CIT avatars distort and look bad.   :'(

"Could be good, could be REALLY BAD" news: images are currently enabled! There is no way to distinguish between wanting to see images in posts and wanting to see images in sigs, so it's either all or none. For now, I'm liberally using adblock on a large number of signature images.  :-\
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Catharctic

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 12:32:52 PM »
"Could be good, could be REALLY BAD" news: images are currently enabled! There is no way to distinguish between wanting to see images in posts and wanting to see images in sigs, so it's either all or none. For now, I'm liberally using adblock on a large number of signature images.  :-\

I see this feature and a lot of others getting nuked quickly. I'm amazed they left them in for launch.