Author Topic: Windows7 RC and City of Heroes  (Read 2320 times)

Calea

• Titan Staff
  • Boss
  • Let the Eternal fire of Justice stay lit.
    • CoH Titan
Windows7 RC and City of Heroes
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:42:26 AM »
SO I have been dead to the forum for many reason. Short and sweet. Working, having a girlfriend, moving to a new place with girlfriend, and DJing consumes my life.

But to the topic. My OS died on me the other day and I decided to wipe it out and start a dual boot with XP and Win7. I have to say the OS stand alone... BETTER JOB! Working with CoH. Much smoother and not major issues, unlike Vista. Glycerine works too with no seen issues. So if you're question what Win7 is going to bring to the table. Your answer is nothing but better things.
Ken - @Calea
Titan Network Moderator

Titan Network Member Page  

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Windows7 RC and City of Heroes
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 01:42:17 PM »
Excellent!  Now I can completely bypass Vista when I get a new PC.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 02:59:59 PM »
Oh, don't make the mistake though... Win7 is STILL a Windows product... just because it's all around better than Vista doesn't mean it's still not prone to it's own bugs.
~Steinerd

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 03:02:50 PM »
Well yes, of course...but come on, anything is better than Vista....right? :P

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 03:09:58 PM »
Wouldn't know, I've always had Vista on my power-rig and about 1 yr ago upgraded to Vista Ult x64 and have yet to run into any serious problems. I don't even get the "driver error" everyone seems to get with the Vista + nVidia mixture (used to, but fixed it).

Keep in mind Win7 is Vista... just with a "from the ground-up" kernel (brain code that runs it) and a complete overhaul to the systems usage, and by all rights a brand new OS... but still.. it's just a lighter version of Vista... so SHH. lmao.

(Real Answer: No, not everything is better than Vista, but Win7 has got it beat to the 100th degree)
~Steinerd

Calea

• Titan Staff
  • Boss
  • Let the Eternal fire of Justice stay lit.
    • CoH Titan
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 04:15:06 PM »
agree with steiners statement. All I'm saying is it runs beautifully in comparison. It took almost all the 64 bit drivers and found generic drivers for almost all the other drivers for other basic devices (NICs, Wireless NIC, Graphics, monitor) only had a problem with the sound (Razer Barracuda AC-1, took the Vista 64 driver) and Raid controller (easy install). 
Ken - @Calea
Titan Network Moderator

Titan Network Member Page  

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 07:41:31 PM »
Raids have always had experimental support, so that's not a big surprise.

Good to hear regardless.
~Steinerd