Author Topic: Badge Tracking Help!  (Read 2069 times)

Jingledressw

• Underling
Badge Tracking Help!
« on: June 25, 2009, 03:07:27 PM »
Hi everyone, I am new this site but been playing game over 2 years. I have my toon in the badge tracker info, but keeps saying i have no badges and i have over 380. How do i activate or set it to track. Do i have to type something when logged on game? Please help if u can.

Kizz

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Badge Tracking Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 05:09:54 PM »
Glycerine/HeroStats:
(If you have downloaded and set up either Glycerine or HeroStats, you can skip ahead to Recording Previously Earned Badges.)

First, download and install either Glycerine or HeroStats.  (Links to do so may be found on the downloads page.)  If you're not sure which one you want to download, you can easily give each one a try and decide, but in general, Glycerine is essentially HeroStats light.  HeroStats will do some things Glycerine doesn't: like telling you when powers are about to finish recharging, what your damage per second output is, etc.  Glycerine is more specialized and straightforward, though.

If you are running Glycerine, login using your Titan Key ID and password, and it'll start tracking your characters when you're in-game.

If you are running HeroStats, you'll need to go into the properties, check a couple of boxes, and enter your Titan Key ID and password there.  (I'd go into more detail, but don't have HS in front of me at work.)  HS will now start tracking your badges here.

Tracking New Badges:
During normal gameplay, whenever you earn a new badge, a system message will appear stating that you have earned a new badge.  Glycerine and HeroStats are constantly monitoring for these messages and will automatically register that you have earned the new badge on your current character.

Recording Previously Earned Badges:
So, how do you track badges that you've already earned?  There are three basic methods, all of which involve changing your character's title.

For most badges, you can simply open your Badge window and click on the badge description to change your title to that badge's name.  When you do this, you will see a system message stating that you have selected <badge name> as your new title.  Much like the new badge notification messages, Glycerine and HS are monitoring for these messages and will register that you have earned the badge on your current character.

However, Gladiator badges can not be selected as titles using the click method.  In order to set a Gladiator badge as a title, you will need to use the /settitle command.  Using the Badge Listing for reference, you can utilize the /settitle command to manually change your title to any badge you have earned, including Gladiator badges.

If you have a large number of badges to verify, manually typing in the /settitle command for each one can quickly become very tedious.  This is where the game's /bind_load_file command comes into play.  On the Titan downloads page, you will find a link to the SetTitle Bind Generator.  This generator will create a set of bind files for you.  Extract these files to your hard drive (being sure to place them in the same directory you enter when you create the files.)  While in-game, first use the /bind_save command to save your current keybinds (in case you're overwriting something with the settitle files), then use the /bind_load_file command with the path to settitle.txt.  For example, if you extracted the files to a directory named C:\CoHbinds, the command would look like this:

Code: [Select]
/bindloadfile C:\CoHbinds\settitle.txt
With this file loaded, you may now begin pressing the key you specified in the generator.  (If you go too fast, some of the badges might be missed.)  The binds will walk through all of the badges you have and Glycerine/HeroStats will send the information to CIT.  When you are finished, you can then use the /bind_load command to restore your original keybinds.

And viola!  You're all set up on CIT!

(One of these days I'll either find where someone else has written this all up as a guide or put one on Paragon Wiki so I can just link it.  :))
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

ineffablebob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 07:32:59 AM »
(One of these days I'll either find where someone else has written this all up as a guide or put one on Paragon Wiki so I can just link it.  :))
You mean like this?

http://herostats.blogspot.com/2008/11/badge-tracking-howto.html
Skip

Character List
HeroStats Developer
Proud Member of Legion of Valor and Fallen Legion

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 12:15:12 PM »
Yeah.  Like that.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov