Author Topic: Glycerine in game question  (Read 1683 times)

friartuck379

• Underling
    • Syanide's Guild Wars/City of Heroes Site
Glycerine in game question
« on: June 12, 2009, 08:48:32 PM »
Hi folks, I am really new to CoH, but have played Guild Wars for years. The Stats tracking is new to me, and my question(s) is this: I have ran with Hero-Stats up till now, and just got Glycerine:

1. Do i need to be running both programs?

2. Is there anyway to get an ingame box for Glycerine like there is for Hero-Stats(time till level...etc...)

Thank you for your time.

Friar
"Ooh ooh, this guys doesn't have a level...he must be easy...FOLLOW ME!"- Billy Thompkins: 14.2 seconds before that giant octopus in the Port killed me.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Glycerine in game question
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 09:30:31 PM »
Well, in essence they are the same program... only HeroStats (HS) is far more statistically oriented. They use the same engines to get the information.

Put it this way, if you want ALL kinds of info (stored locally on your own machine) AND all your badge and character basic info on CIT, use HeroStats. Via this link, it will show you how to set it up to update CIT (Link).

If you're just looking to verify some badges and update your character info while having a reasonably smaller toll on your system's resources, use TNT: Glycerine.

Regarding the in-game, there is really no need for Glycerine to have it. The only thing it displays are your badges obtained while verifying and playing and the basic info the game already displays for you.

You should never run both programs at the same time, there is a good chance it will crash your game.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 02:16:30 AM by Steiner »
~Steinerd

friartuck379

• Underling
    • Syanide's Guild Wars/City of Heroes Site
Re: Glycerine in game question
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 11:01:14 PM »
Fantastic!

Thanks for the great info. I am going to run with Glycerine for a while, and see which one i like better.
"Ooh ooh, this guys doesn't have a level...he must be easy...FOLLOW ME!"- Billy Thompkins: 14.2 seconds before that giant octopus in the Port killed me.