Author Topic: Update?  (Read 61060 times)

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Re: Update?
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2009, 01:20:38 AM »
Hi Steiner,
these 2 links are they for PvE i15 or something else?

Also the MATH link takes me to another webpage with a table of data. Do I need to copy the text, paste into Excel then Export?

Sorry if I am being stupid.

Thanks you again for your hard work
Right-click the link and hit "Save link as..."

Nightfire9

• Minion
  • It's All About The Recharge Baby!!!
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2009, 01:26:00 AM »
Heyas Kid,

I'm just a bit confused about your link that you posted.  I'm having a hard time, trying to get it up and running.  I downloaded off of mediafire, and it's in the form of WinRaR.  I can't seem to get it to come up for me. 
Virtue Heroes:
1. Tundra Tigress-Lvl 50 Claws/SR Scrapper
2. CatSquid of Justice-Lvl 37 PB

Virtue Villains: 1. Mistress Khaos- Lvl 50 Dark/Fire Brute 2. D'Vine Death-Lvl 50 Plant/Thorns Dom 3. Phrozen Purrgatory- Lvl 50 Ice/Cold Corr 4. Prowling Pantheress- Lvl 50 Claws/Ninjitsu Stalker 5. Robo Mynx 3.0- Lvl 50 Bots/Traps MM 6. ArachniBlast- Lvl 50 all T4 Incarnate Crabspider 7. Devil's Wrath- Lvl 50 Banespider  SG: The 912 Project, VG: Progressively Evil

Dr. Kid

• Underling
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2009, 02:42:10 AM »
Heyas Kid,

I'm just a bit confused about your link that you posted.  I'm having a hard time, trying to get it up and running.  I downloaded off of mediafire, and it's in the form of WinRaR.  I can't seem to get it to come up for me. 

Try this link http://www.mediafire.com/?ymnjxvn4d2m

Nightfire9

• Minion
  • It's All About The Recharge Baby!!!
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2009, 02:58:29 AM »
I figured out what I was doing wrong.  I forgot to extract the one folder :)
Virtue Heroes:
1. Tundra Tigress-Lvl 50 Claws/SR Scrapper
2. CatSquid of Justice-Lvl 37 PB

Virtue Villains: 1. Mistress Khaos- Lvl 50 Dark/Fire Brute 2. D'Vine Death-Lvl 50 Plant/Thorns Dom 3. Phrozen Purrgatory- Lvl 50 Ice/Cold Corr 4. Prowling Pantheress- Lvl 50 Claws/Ninjitsu Stalker 5. Robo Mynx 3.0- Lvl 50 Bots/Traps MM 6. ArachniBlast- Lvl 50 all T4 Incarnate Crabspider 7. Devil's Wrath- Lvl 50 Banespider  SG: The 912 Project, VG: Progressively Evil

keenjin

• Minion
  • :D
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2009, 06:05:00 PM »
(BTW, Sup Jin!)

HOLA! =P GEPASA xD

(that's like the only words I know, so try not to speak Spanish to me =X)

So, you kinda laid off from the game too? =X

I still haven't seen you online >.> (I know, I know, I don't get on that much either xP but hey =P I saw Stitch was on xP)

Hmm.. maybe I should continue calling you R.son =P (cuz you're a lot more familiar with that name to me xP)
Jin, the God of Gods.

A unique existence possessing six accounts with full 48 character slots on freedom.

Five out of six are activated currently, using three at a time.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #165 on: August 01, 2009, 06:12:47 PM »
Lol. Yea I killed off R. Son. But yea, the SG is hella-busy right now.

I still play, about 1-2 hours a night. Definitely not as heavily as I used to, but I knew that taking on Titan and all the responsibilities would do that and I was prepared for it.
~Steinerd

keenjin

• Minion
« Reply #166 on: August 01, 2009, 06:14:53 PM »
They did remember me, =P I joined villainside ohmygawdforce(=P) (but I haven't logged in since like a week ago =X)
Jin, the God of Gods.

A unique existence possessing six accounts with full 48 character slots on freedom.

FlameBlade

• Underling
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2009, 01:15:36 PM »
Hi, I have just downloaded the "new" version, but there is an issue with the travel powers. All seem to be set for level 4, but are still having either tier 1 or 2 as prerequisites.

I know I can change the data myself using the database editor, but then the updater wants to download an old database and replace it.

So... any wise words?

keenjin

• Minion
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2009, 01:32:33 PM »
Yes, it has some issues and it's being fixed.

That's why we should be using the old one until the bug fix version is released, unless you personally want those issues. =P
Jin, the God of Gods.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2009, 02:15:24 PM »
Yea I'm going put some notes on the alpha post, lol.
~Steinerd

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2009, 02:15:41 PM »
That's why we should be using the old one until the bug fix version is released, unless you personally want those issues. =P
Or you want to help find the bugs so that they're fixed in the final version.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

keenjin

• Minion
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2009, 02:20:41 PM »
I thought most of them were already found. =X (I'm using both btw. Old on on my laptop, the alpha on my desktop. =P)
Jin, the God of Gods.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2009, 04:10:01 PM »
I believe I'm going to make a each install of MxD a standalone install. Meaning you'll be able to run multiple copies of mids on the same machine using it's own resources. Or at least give it a beta flag that allows you to run it separately, lol.
~Steinerd

St0n3y

• Boss
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2009, 05:34:19 PM »
Unless I am misunderstanding something here, you can already run multiple copies of mids on 1 pc.  I do it all the time to look at differences I have between 2 builds,

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2009, 06:01:44 PM »
Unless I am misunderstanding something here, you can already run multiple copies of mids on 1 pc.  I do it all the time to look at differences I have between 2 builds,
Two install instances/versions like with HeroStats and HeroStats Unstable.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2009, 07:51:56 PM »
Correct.

I understand MxD CAN do that, but there is no way to verify where on your computer the instance is getting the info from, unless you're running a JIT Debugger, (which I usually am... comes with Visual Studio, lol).

However, agreeing with Nicster's post, it would a blatantly obvious unstable version that will be completely separate in every way... plus give the users something to use while we take the steps to put it live. Much how Skip is doing it for Herostats.

I'm not I'm going to get an earful from the hardcore MxD users about how Mids never needed to do that... but trust me, it will be a something that will benefit myself and the users that know how to debug and diagnose issues.
~Steinerd

FlameBlade

• Underling
« Reply #176 on: August 06, 2009, 06:25:17 AM »
Would you consider opening the source by putting it on CodePlex or SourceForge?
That way you wouldn't have to do it all by yourself.

Of course, Mids have put some restrictions on the code, but I would think that over all it would be beneficial to open source.
You wouldn't necessarily have to allow everybody write access to the source repository, but even with read-access more people would be able to retrieve the code, and submit patches.

Just a thought.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #177 on: August 06, 2009, 01:53:53 PM »
I swore to Mids that the code would not be submitted to opensource in anyway... he doesn't want his brainchild getting forked and by proxy possibly a mark against his good name for what he and his service has done for the community.

Us developers are odd like that, I would have the same inflictions if I spent hours, upon years working on something that helped thousands.

However... Fleeting Whisper is working on a java version that will be cross-os, what he does with his source is completely up to him, just remember that Titan is where it came from! lol.
~Steinerd

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #178 on: August 06, 2009, 05:56:49 PM »
Fleeting Whisper is working on a java version that will be cross-os, what he does with his source is completely up to him, just remember that Titan is where it came from! lol.
I might as well say it now: I have no plans to make it open source, but neither do I have plans to obfuscate the code, so it would be trivial to decompile it.

FlameBlade

• Underling
« Reply #179 on: August 06, 2009, 06:30:29 PM »
Right, I can understand that... or rather, I can accept that. I don't entirely agree, but that is entirely besides the point ;)