Author Topic: Update?  (Read 60971 times)

csills

• Underling
Update?
« on: June 09, 2009, 07:10:49 PM »
Any update as to when we will have an i14 mids application?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Update?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:18:14 PM »
I'm having some fun with it... and putting it through very thorough number tests to make sure damn-near everything (numbers) matches up in-game as well as in-application.

However, the PvP IOs might require me to do something that would come off as a band-aid versus a permanent fix. I'm hoping to get it out before i15, but there is a good chance that it will have to wait until a few days after i15's release... since it's so close now, just makes sense.
~Steinerd

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:16:06 AM »
Heads up for the Dominator changes too.  Looks like they will be part of I-!5 now.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 09:21:34 AM »
Yea, I saw they got about a 30% increase on dmg out of Dom, and Sonics got hit pretty hard. Numbers keep changing every few days so it's hard to keep up lol.
~Steinerd

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 12:07:17 PM »
There were changes to Sonic?  The Buff or the Blast?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 12:26:51 PM »
I believe the blast half... can't really nerf the (de)buff... if it goes any lower it will be superseded by the other debuff sets and break COH's continuity for a "Balanced" game.
~Steinerd

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 02:47:18 PM »
No, I meant Sonic attack or Sonic Resonance.  Did they nerf the damage to the blast? Where did you see this?  I didn't see anything about it at all.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 04:28:07 PM »
Steiner's mistaken. Sonic didn't change at all. Only Dominators got tweaked, and doms don't have sonic attack OR sonic res.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 04:47:26 PM »
Where's GuyPerfect when I need him and his toolbox?  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 07:39:37 PM »
Steiner's mistaken. Sonic didn't change at all. Only Dominators got tweaked, and doms don't have sonic attack OR sonic res.
Correct!
It was Psionic Assault's tier 9 (Psychic Shockwave) I was regarding, had the wrong set in mind, apologies.
~Steinerd

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 07:34:52 AM »
Okay, cool.

I can't play Doms worth a crap, so the changes to PSW mean little to me.  On the other hand, Sonic Attack is my default blast set for new secondaries.  It didn't seem overpowered at all, and I didn't see any announcements or forum uproar over it, so I was a little concerned that it was being drowned out by the Dom Changes, MA changes, and collective grumbling about I-15.

Prez

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 04:54:27 PM »
Looking in another thread about using manual update for the vet reward 60 month change,
does this mean we can update Mid's ourselves with the new specs for Dominators
(or any other changes that a player would use)
and not have to wait for a new release?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 06:50:40 PM »
You're more than welcome to make your own changes,  but a new release will happen soon enough.
~Steinerd

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 09:37:14 PM »
Looking in another thread about using manual update for the vet reward 60 month change,
does this mean we can update Mid's ourselves with the new specs for Dominators
(or any other changes that a player would use)
and not have to wait for a new release?

As the person that wrote that other post, I'd recommend against it.  As Mids explained that manual updater to me in another place and long ago, it's basically there for him to tweak things.  It can be used to update things, but There is a lot of stuff that needs to be done in a lot of places.  A fundamental change to the AT modifiers might not be accessible from there.

If it was just a simple change, like a single value, it's pretty simple.  For the changes that Dominators would need, well, it would be more. 

Prez

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 11:30:28 PM »
Yeah, after going through some of the motions with it I gathered I wouldn't be able to change a power's damage scale.  But, I was able to do the recharges, endurance etc. to match the patch notes.  I also noticed a few of the powers had incorrect values prior to the patch --- for example:

PATCH NOTES:
Psionic Dart: Increased this power's damage scale from .6 to 1.32, increased its recharge from 1.5 seconds to 3 seconds and increased its endurance cost from 3.12 to 4.37.

and in Mid's the endurance cost would be something other than 3.12. ---- I don't remember the exact powers that were wrong.

Oh, well, I guess I can be a bit more patient =)

Thanks for the replies, and I apologize to the OP for hijacking their thread.

Nightfire9

• Minion
  • It's All About The Recharge Baby!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 06:16:25 PM »
Heyas Steiner,

I was just wondering when the PvP sets for I 14 will be added to the Mid's planner.  I remember you saying something regarding them (something about bandaid), and that the release would probably be a few days after the launch of I 15.  Please post back your status on it. 

Thank You,
                                                                                     Nightfire9 
Virtue Heroes:
1. Tundra Tigress-Lvl 50 Claws/SR Scrapper
2. CatSquid of Justice-Lvl 37 PB

Virtue Villains: 1. Mistress Khaos- Lvl 50 Dark/Fire Brute 2. D'Vine Death-Lvl 50 Plant/Thorns Dom 3. Phrozen Purrgatory- Lvl 50 Ice/Cold Corr 4. Prowling Pantheress- Lvl 50 Claws/Ninjitsu Stalker 5. Robo Mynx 3.0- Lvl 50 Bots/Traps MM 6. ArachniBlast- Lvl 50 all T4 Incarnate Crabspider 7. Devil's Wrath- Lvl 50 Banespider  SG: The 912 Project, VG: Progressively Evil

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 07:15:00 PM »
Sadly, as Nicster has pointed out to me several times (lol), I'm quite over-loaded with my current Titan workload. Not to mention that I'm desperately seeking employment and any high-yield freelance jobs I can lay my paws on.

SO, We here at Titan decided to bring in some help with Mids. I will be handling the code half and the recruit will be handling the data-entry half. (Anonymity in-tact for the user's own benefit, I will announce the person when it is "official")
~Steinerd

Prez

• Underling
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 08:46:11 PM »
The following is not meant to be rude in anyway please, don't take it this way.

Do you have an estimate time of completion?

Suggestion, instead of releasing a FULLY updated version when it's
completed, how about releasing versions in steps of completion.

Example:
Version 1.401a -- *Updated power sets to reflect Issues 14 & 15 version
Version 1.401b -- *Updated to reflect pvp changes
Version 1.402   -- *Update complete!

I am very anxious to use this wonderful tool again!

Thanks you!

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 09:40:21 PM »
That's pretty much the outline for the updates.

I can't garuntee a date, because every time I do I end up completely emersed in other things, I'm going to to play this one by ear. But since I have my data-entry help it should be much longer.
~Steinerd

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 10:06:51 PM »
But since I have my data-entry help it should be much longer.

Don't panic, kids.  I'm sure he meant "shouldn't be much longer."  ;)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov