Author Topic: Character Bios Truncated  (Read 6649 times)

Dyffwd

• Minion
Character Bios Truncated
« on: May 21, 2009, 01:26:50 AM »
Two of my characters have truncated bios.  They have both been created since the Super Booster II was applied to this account.

Gh0stRat's Bio
I was an English gent in the 1700s.  I was waylaid one night in a bad part of town.  I drove my attackers off, but was badly wounded in the process.  A woman stopped me as the sun was coming up and said she was a witch and she could heal me and give me prolonged life as well.  I was dying so I gave her all my cash and told her to do it.  The next thing I knew it was night and I felt better, so I made my way home.  At the door I was greeted with shrieks and driven from my own house.  I had the reflexes of a hunted animal, and no idea what was going on.  Everyone I approached screamed and ran off.I eventually found a mirror and saw what had been done to me.  I sought the witch to extract my vengance on her, but have never seen her since.  I have studied every form of unarmed combat I can since that time. 

Voltage Vines' bio
Numerous experiments to magically drain life energy from plants and convert it into magical energy for mayhem have resulted in me becoming more plant-like and gaining mystic control over plants.The enchanted chains bind the power of the plants inside me.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 09:55:41 PM by Dyffwd »

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Re: Character Bios Truncated
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 03:01:40 AM »
Two of my characters have truncated bios.  They have both been created since the Super Booster II was applied to this account.

Gh0stRat's Bio
Voltage Vines' bio

What are the bios supposed to be?  Do they have any special characters in them?

angryellow

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 02:00:27 PM »
I'm having the exact same problem with a few of my characters' bios. I'll give you an example of one of my character's, Wreck Lass. This is her full bio, exactly as it appears in game:

As her name implies, Krysten Kier is an extremely reckless young woman with an unquenchable thirst for violence. Krysten is very well known in the criminal underground for her tendency to run headlong into a fight with no regard for her own safety (and even less regard for the safety of others). She is also known for never backing down from an opponent, no matter if she is losing. Some hold Krysten in their highest regard for her total lack of fear and willingness to suffer pain for glory. Others consider her a suicidal maniac who gives experienced criminals a bad name. Either way, Krysten does not care what others think of her and would just as soon bash their heads in, or get hers bashed in trying.

Now here's how it looks on CIT:

As her name implies, Krysten Kier is an extremely reckless young woman with an unquenchable thirst for violence. Krysten is

The latter example doesn't make very much sense now does it?

Dyffwd

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 04:10:37 AM »
I pasted the info into Voltage Vines bio up above, and pasted the wrong info in to Gh0stRat's bio.  I'll get the right info from Gh0stRat and paste it in later. 

You can follow the links to see how they show up in CIT.

The only thing they have in common is that both characters were created AFTER I got Super Booster II.  I have created several other characters since then, but those are the only 2 with bios.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:44:28 AM by Dyffwd »

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 04:58:52 AM »
I pasted the info into Voltage Vines bio up above, and pasted the wrong info in to Gh0stRat's bio.  I'll get the right info from Gh0stRat and past it in later. 

You can follow the links to see how they show up in CIT.

The only thing they have in common is that both characters were created AFTER I got Super Booster II.  I have created several other characters since then, but those are the only 2 with bios.

Which program are you using?  Glycerine or HeroStats?  Have you tried both, to see if it is isolated to just one?

Character bios are updated every time the program updates your status to CiT.

GhostRat shows that he hasn't been logged on in nearly a month.

Also, do you have any characters that had bios before SB2 and have been tracked recently?

Dyffwd

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 06:10:14 AM »
I'm using HeroStats, not Glycerin.  I could install Glycerin, but I hate installing extra crap in Windows because it adds bloat to the Registery.

I'll log Gh0stRat tomorrow and see if his bio updates.  Voltage Vine's didn't.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 11:38:42 AM »
I'm using HeroStats, not Glycerin.  I could install Glycerin, but I hate installing extra crap in Windows because it adds bloat to the Registery.

I'll log Gh0stRat tomorrow and see if his bio updates.  Voltage Vine's didn't.
Glycerine doesn't use the registry, believe it or not, HS does.
~Steinerd

Dyffwd

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 09:57:22 PM »
Glycerine doesn't use the registry, believe it or not, HS does.

Very cool!  I'll install it and see if it changes anything.  Gh0stRat's bio didn't update, I pasted the full bio into the top post.

Dyffwd

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 10:55:11 PM »
Installed Glycerin, no change.

For Gh0stRat it seems to be taking ONLY the first sentence.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 11:01:26 PM »
Installed Glycerin, no change.

For Gh0stRat it seems to be taking ONLY the first sentence.
Does it show the entire bio in the window?

Dyffwd

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 01:35:59 AM »
Does it show the entire bio in the window?

If you mean in the character's ID card (\d from in game) no, it doesn't.

I have noticed a few other oddities with the CoX game client as well.  I just re-installed Windows (although this issue predates said reinstall) and haven't gotten all the updates I want yet.

As you have probably figured out by now I'm pretty fussy about what I do and do not install on XP.

Dyffwd

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 03:31:44 PM »
Also, do you have any characters that had bios before SB2 and have been tracked recently?

Yes, MindStryke

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 10:14:46 PM »
Hey, SaintNictster, I notice I've got one that seems to be truncating, too.

The whole bio shows fine in the Glycerine Info window, but it's tripping up on an ampersand when it's sent.

Triboelectric Effect

Bio here:
OSI R

Bio in the Info tab in Glycerine:
OSI R&D's prototype X-EFTU line was heralded as an unqualified success until one of the prototypes was caught in a logic trap in its AI software.  The prototype was unable to prevent the serious injury of its handler during a field test and lashed out, attacking the thugs that had injured the agent.  The prototype went on a rampage through the office building, striking out at anything that moved and leaving a sending several thugs to the intensive care ward.  The entire X-EFTU line was boxed and scheduled for reprogramming, but one of the prototypes' self-preservation routines kicked in and the prototype escaped.  Its evolving AI continued to deteriorate as it ran amok.  It now finds itself in the Rogue Isles, attempting to destroy anything it detects as a threat.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 11:44:58 PM »
WOW!

At the ampersand? That's not even a real html entity.
~Steinerd

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 11:50:04 PM »
WOW!

At the ampersand? That's not even a real html entity.
O.o it's part of every entity...

I'll look at the scripts later

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 11:54:09 PM »

hahaha, I just realized what this is doing XD

It'll take an update to glycerine to fix it.  That, or some fancy script bending.  I'll look at an actual fix sometime this weekend

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 11:58:07 PM »

I meant it in that fact. It's not a real entity of its own, it's the start to most.
~Steinerd

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 05:38:32 AM »
Hey, SaintNictster, I notice I've got one that seems to be truncating, too.

The whole bio shows fine in the Glycerine Info window, but it's tripping up on an ampersand when it's sent.

Triboelectric Effect

Bio here:
Bio in the Info tab in Glycerine:
This should be handled in the new version (v0.1.4.1). download here