Author Topic: Mission Arcs  (Read 101967 times)

Orangeblooded

• Underling
Mission Arcs
« on: April 20, 2009, 08:24:57 PM »
I created a mission that I would like feed back on and hopefully some badges for along the way. Thought I would post it here and see what may come of it.

DELETED - received a complaint about trademarks and slogans. Thought it would be best to delete it.

Maybe others will post their creations here as well and let us help each other. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 12:41:54 PM by Orangeblooded »

Catharctic

Re: Mission Arcs
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 01:39:28 PM »
I've got one, too!

Arc Name: The Jo Jo Conundrum
Arc ID: 4943
Global: @Cath

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 01:20:14 PM »
I was waiting for someone to Post the details for "Jo Jo Conundrum" :P.

Catwhoorg

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 04:54:06 PM »
I have two up right now:

@Catwhoorg
Rule of Three - Finale Arc #1984
An alternate final mission to the Positron Task Force. You know instead of the lab map with 3-4 floors of defeat all. This single mission puts you and your team in the forefront of saving the dam, rather than Psoi saying the Freedom Phalanx will save the dam, of you to to this little substation

Meant for a team of 2-3, it is soloable.
Hint: Bring break frees especially when solo.

@Mr Falkland Islands
A Nation goes Rogue Arc#2369
Mister England has been charged with murder. Track him down and arrest him.

This is a 4 mission arc  with one mission capping you at 35 due to the foes involved. Couple of custom boss fights, and an entire new custom group. Strong story driven arc.
Soloable, scales moderately well to any team size, but targeted at a mid-sized team
Catwhoorg Claws/Regen/Awesome of Triumph

Dabbling with CO and LOTRO.

Mainly playing single player games and PBEM wargames.

Catharctic

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 09:54:37 PM »
I was waiting for someone to Post the details for "Jo Jo Conundrum" :P.

Have you played it yet? I lowered the difficulty a lot from test, but it's still pretty fun. It has a lil bit of my sarcastic humor here and there, too. It even has some soft humor for the kids!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 02:26:13 AM »
I've got one up that's mostly SG specific, but the one I posted today is much more general interest.

Name: Great Events in Paragon City History
Author: @B Samson
Arc ID: 121795
Length: Very Long
Morailty: Neutral
Mission 1: Unique map, level range 40-54. Contains ambush, boss, destructible object, defendable object, patrol, ally.
Mission 2: Unique map, level range 41-54. Contains ambush, boss, patrol, ally, defeat all enemies.
Mission 3: Unique map, level range 45-54. Contains ambush, boss, battle.
Mission 4: Unique map, level range 40-40. Contains boss, patrol.
Enemy groups: 5th Column, Rikti, Soldiers of Rularuu, Longbow
Description: Relive some of the biggest moments in recent history: The Rikti War, the Rularuu invasion, the Council and 5th Column riots, and Statesman's Strike.

Oddly enough, I was almost finished with this before I realized the anniversary was coming up.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

katsumil@gmail.com

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 06:04:30 PM »
I too have a mission arc I published.  I am interested in getting feedback on it to improve it.

Title: Trials of the Silver Dragons

4 missions. Designed around a lv 33 Tenacious Scrapper. Seems to scale ok with 2-7 people. Custom enemy group, full info for each type of enemy. Custom contact, each mission has various requirements, as well as non-required components for added challenge. First mission is timed.  Third mission has lots of enemies for those looking for exp/tickets/kills for badge. No direct kill-all missions. No required EB's or AV's

I would appreciate any feedback so i can make it better,

Catharctic

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 07:42:32 PM »
I created a mission that I would like feed back on and hopefully some badges for along the way. Thought I would post it here and see what may come of it.

DELETED - received a complaint about trademarks and slogans. Thought it would be best to delete it.

Maybe others will post their creations here as well and let us help each other. Thanks in advance!

I totally hit you with a Titan-5-star.  :-[

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 01:23:13 AM »
Have you played it yet?...

Nope, but I'm hoping I get some free time this weekend to actually play.  I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Orangeblooded

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 05:40:05 PM »
Made a new Arc:

Name:  Old McDonald "had" a farm....
ID: 142170
Global: @Orangeblooded

Will continue to play your Arcs as they are listed.

katsumil@gmail.com

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 01:35:45 AM »
Mooooo-ve on over Orangeblood.

Nice idea and concept, a bit hard though to solo depending on char setup.

Dursagon

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 09:06:47 PM »
Seems like the haters have taken over CoH. We are now stuck HAVING to play by the rules of those who scream the loudest about how the game is suppose to be played. No more farming anything lest you get banned by Posi himself.

I foresee a mass exodus from CoH due to too much bickering about what is and isn't a farming exploit.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 09:25:38 PM »
Seems like the haters have taken over CoH. We are now stuck HAVING to play by the rules of those who scream the loudest about how the game is suppose to be played. No more farming anything lest you get banned by Posi himself.

I foresee a mass exodus from CoH due to too much bickering about what is and isn't a farming exploit.

Every nerf ever has been met with posts exactly like yours.  The game is still around 5 years later.  This too shall pass.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 09:45:37 PM »

Honestly who the heck cares how someone plays the game, as long as they're are having fun... if something the devs do detours that fun... find another way to have fun, or find another game... because no one is forcing anyone to enjoy themselves, lol.... I can't believe we're having this conversation.
~Steinerd

P-Dude

• Underling
  • Eyebrows
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 10:06:46 PM »

I think there's too many tachyons clouding your vision, then.

psydekick

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 10:07:25 PM »
Perhaps this is one of the reasons "Player Made Content" in other games is usually "non-combat" related.

Like the custom models players could add in Unreal Tournament GOTY and Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Soldier of Fortune II. The model ran at the same speed, got hurt just as much as the default, etc, etc.

Any time you can add a custom gun or ship, that ship turns into a juggernaut that turns on a dime.

Bleh, whatever. If stories that captivate me can be made more visible, I'm all for it. I remember 2 years ago running one of the dev made story arcs where I started reading the clues and found I was trying to prevent Crey Corp from releasing an evil OS that phones home and infects your brain... or something... I didn't care that it was mostly fedexes before I had a base with teleporters... I still wanted to know what would happened and zoned three times to find out.

... where was I?

Oh yes! Mission Architect is meant to create stories.

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 10:45:14 AM »
The First Badge

by @Shades

Arc ID: 70025
Length: Very Long (5 missions)
Morality: Heroic
Enemy Groups: Custom, Family & Gold Brickers
Description: A flashback arc about The First Badge !
Wii: 3579 7589 2003 1962 .:. Gamertag, Playfire & PSN: Shades29A[/B]

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 01:36:49 PM »
Haters have not taken over, and we don't really HAVE to play by the rules.  I mean, how to exploits and "bugs" get found?  Players don't go by the rules and many of them stumble upon things that the Devs want to fix for whatever reason they wish the item to be different.  Devs are the real rule makers, as is the same with all Games.

Concept is there, if you don't want to play by the rules, you really shouldn't be playing at all.  I'm not trying to make jabs here, but Steiner and SP said it, basically do what you can to enjoy your gaming experience because with every Update comes some form of complaints.  Everyone can't be happy at the same time, basic laws of life right there.  Really, too, there's a lot that can still be farmed legitimately, in which case no Banning is to be had.  Months down the road, when another Issue comes out, this'll be forgotten (or just ultimately less important) and a group of individuals will have other things to complain about.

Statments like yours Dursagon have some truth, people that speak up, or rather speak the loudest, are normally the first ones to be heard.  Doesn't mean that what they say will be taken into perspective, though.  We are all also entitled to our own perspectives about how we think the game should be played, but it doesn't merit that a player needs to complain about what they don't like about the game everytime they get something they don't like.  Sometimes it's better to just not say your piece and ignore it.  Again, not a jab at any particular person, but rather the general ideal of it all.  Complaints do bring awareness of issues, yes, but on the other side of the coin they bring prejudice and distaste.  The Mission Architect system is meant to allow everyone to be able to make their own rules for the game, in a much smaller scale.  This certain fact should appease everyone...the only thing that can be complained about this Issue, is that the level of Mission Customization isn't vast enough, imo.

Zombra

• Minion
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 04:24:29 PM »
The Warp Weapon Affair

by @Zombra

Arc ID: 104068
Length: Very Long (5 missions)
Morality: Heroic
Enemy Groups: Custom, with a few others thrown in.
Intended Level: High (40+)
Description: My first real arc attempt.  What at first appears to be a simple bomb threat turns into a plot to mentally control not only all of reality, but a whole series of realities!  OK, that's a pretty ambitious plot and a 5-mission arc couldn't really do it justice, but I still think the arc is pretty cool.

Zombra

• Minion
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 04:28:49 PM »
Archon Cavallo and the Island of Circe

by @Zombra

Arc ID: 129684
Length: Long (5 missions)
Morality: Villainous
Enemy Groups: Skulls, Clockwork, Minions of Igneous, Council, Spectral Pirates
Intended Level: Low (10-20)
Description: A rogue Council Archon recruits four small-time villains to help him steal a magic amulet from its ancient resting place.  But will they be content to split the profits?  Inspired by such classics as The Maltese Falcon and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.  So yeah, that should tell you what you're getting into.