Author Topic: Hero Accolade not availible  (Read 3463 times)

Nitra

• Underling
Hero Accolade not availible
« on: March 22, 2009, 03:32:52 PM »
Sup... great design tool... I don't know if this is a known issue because I'm so not reading through a ton of posts... I notice that for some reason taskforce commander is not availible to choose as a hero accolade...
 when you do a mouse over it's on the list but when you double click it is not on the list to choose...

Did turn something off?

I would be greatful for any help on this issue
thanks
Nitra
It's better to save the mystery, then surrender to the secret...

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
Re: Hero Accolade not availible
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 08:26:58 AM »
I checked it on all Hero ATs and with every one of them, it appears on the left side at the very bottom of the column after double clicking the accolade marker.  Ctrl-Shift-Click brings it up as well.  Setting the pop-up window to something on and off didn't make a difference.

Kyzock

• Underling
Re: Hero Accolade not available
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 04:36:38 AM »
I'm having the same problem here. I double-click or ctrl+shift+click the hero accolade button, and Task Force Commander is NOT available in the accolade list.

What happened here? Why is it not showing up for me, and for the OP of this topic, but it's showing up for some guys I game with on vent? I have the EXACT same version as they do. Am I forgetting to set something, or did I miss something?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 05:21:36 AM »

My accolades popup, with TFC highlighted.

What does yours look like? Please post a screenie.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Hero Accolade not available
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 06:22:12 AM »
I have the EXACT same version as they do. Am I forgetting to set something, or did I miss something?

I'm not sure if it would make a difference, but I'm assuming you checked both the Program and Database Versions, yes?

For reference, they should be:
Program:  1.601
Database:  1.69112

In the event that you have the wrong database loaded, you may have missed Energy Aura's announcement about the database update last month.

Of course, if you're already up to date, I've been no help here.  ;)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Energy Aura

• Boss
  • Mids' "Data Entry Drone"
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 09:53:50 PM »
Just double checked the patched and unpatch versions...Sounds like some Dbase hanky panky to me...

Critical Ebon

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 01:59:50 PM »
I have the latest and greatest versions and database.  It seems to be doing it on my desktop which is running 2560x1600 resolution. My laptop doesn't have this problem. I can create the file on my laptop and transfer it to my desktop and all the stats are correct, you just cant unselect Task Force Commander because it isnt visible in the accolade screen. It looks like a clipping problem or some type of size issue. I'm also running a 64 bit system and Vista Ultimate. The laptop is Vista 64 as well though and doesnt have this problem. It is running at a lower resolutoin is all I can think of.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 02:41:23 PM »
I'm looking into using "Zoom" on the the application to shrink the controls to the window proportionally if the resolution is smaller than optimal... my assumption being if the application window is smaller than a less-than-optimal resolution then the user will probably not mind slightly smaller text and controls as well.

I'm going to make sure the application's minimum height and width are a Win98+ worthy 800x600; any smaller than that, you should probably just use your phone; however those using a NetBook.... I have something in plan for those that will make everyone happy using those; which will be released at the same time the above solution was mentioned... however the netbook solution is still kind of in its "test" stages, lol.
~Steinerd

Critical Ebon

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 08:44:36 AM »
Any progress in this area yet? Just crossing my fingers.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 01:46:35 PM »
Well, I broke into it, and it seems I would have to set the "zoom" attribute to each of the controls in the designer. And this would be nearly impossible since 50% of the controls are custom and don't even have the zoom property inherited.

I have a few more Ideas to test... I would like to make it even slightly resolution responsive with all these laptops getting smaller and smaller.
~Steinerd