Author Topic: Mild's is being twitchy and flashy...  (Read 5359 times)

BadWonka

• Underling
Mild's is being twitchy and flashy...
« on: February 25, 2009, 07:11:17 AM »
I have tried everything, Uninstalling, Reinstalling, going to previous Mid's versions, and nothing.

What happens is Mid's gets all flashy and twitchy when ever I move the mouse on it. Here are some screenies I took, one when it doesn't flash and I don't move the mouse and the other while it is in the middle of a flash. Also the flashes happen really fast and often.

When it isn't twiching

In the middle of a twitch

Mids

• Elite Boss
Re: Mild's is being twitchy and flashy...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 08:35:55 AM »
Hmm... I have a few questions to help me work out what's happening.

First off, what OS are you running?

Secondly, I notice you have the window maximized, does it still do it if it's not maximized and the window is sized so no part of it is off the screen?

Thirdly, if you switch the pop-up off (the green button at the top right), does it still do it then?
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

BadWonka

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 12:51:20 PM »
First Question: Windows XP Service Pack 2

Second Question: Yes, it does it no matter how I set the size. But definately tried Maximum.

Third Question: I never thought about playing around with that but it did stop quite a lot. Now it twitches just when you move the mouse fast or  when your a moving your mouse in the lists of AT Powers.

More Information: I think it may have to do with the fact that my .NET Framework is acting weird, first it said I had it installed but nothing in the Microsoft.NET folder. Now I uninstalled all of my previous .Net Frameworks and tried reinstalling and it still didn't install right...

Oh and I never thought I would be talking to the actual creator of Mid's. Nice to know your there to help support your designer. And great job on it too.

Edit: Well I got the .Net thing worked out but I could still use a reboot. At the moment though it looks like fixing the .Net problem didn't do a thing. I hope rebooting works... first going to try reinstalling.

Edit x2: Okay so I reinstalled the latest version of Mid's and restarted my computer and still it twitches but it with Pop Ups Disables it does twitch a bit less and it is more bareable but still annoying. But the good news is, well Mid's twitching helped me to find that my .Net framework was all messed up and needing to be fixed.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 03:38:10 PM by BadWonka »

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 04:51:46 PM »
You need to upgrade XP to SP3. SP2 and .NET support aren't the greatest thing in the world... buttons disappear and windows don't do what you tell them.
~Steinerd

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 05:38:06 PM »
I'm still on XP SP2 (I refuse to Update to SP3) with .NET 3.5, and Mids doesn't falter at all.

I alternate between Maximized and not pending on whatever I'm doing at that time, but I've yet to see anything short of a Lock-up from the Program at all.  (Yes, it does Lock-up sometimes, rarely, but that problem is on my end, not the Program itself)

BadWonka

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 06:28:29 PM »
Okay, I downloaded Service Pack 3 and it did not help at all... though it made a couple of my programs not work any more...

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 06:41:19 PM »
You can roll it back in need be... SP3 won't disable programs. If it is than you need to get the newest versions of said programs, if they were obtained in less than graceful ways... that might be an issue as well.

I have Virtual PC running XP SP1, SP2 & SP3; ubuntu and (don't ask how, took forever...) MacOS_X. And Mids' works perfectly in all XP instances.

You must have some kind of variable we're not accounting for.

I notice a blue arrow on the upper right hand corner of all your windows... that's gotta be a GUI Tweaker... like Ultramon or something... that could be an issue.
~Steinerd

BadWonka

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 06:54:03 PM »
Nope that is just the Royale Noir theme that was going to be released with Windows XP Media Center but never made it. I downloaded it from here.

I don't have any Modded really...

Oh and that blue arrow just makes it so that what ever the program is it minimizes to the tray instead of taking up taskbar space.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 07:00:41 PM »
idk, might wanna try turning off a few apps and see if they're effecting it.

~Steinerd

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 08:46:35 AM »
Well... I it's definately a redraw issue, but the things it's redrawing shouldn't be getting messages saying they need to redraw...

Just temporarily for testing, can you try shutting off themes, or changing to the default, and turn off just about everything else that's running (especially the thing that allows you to minimize to taskbar, as it's drawing on the app window), then see how it does?

For the record, I use XP SP2 - My motherboard model has a specific and obscure issue which prevents SP3 from booting.  :roll:
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

BadWonka

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 01:32:44 PM »
Okay I shut down everything that was running, even my virus protection and firewall for this. This time I didn't move the program between screenies. Also changed to Windows Classic Theme, turned of my screen saver and tampered with my resolution.

Here are the results:

Before

After

Hope that says something.

Edit: Also tried without paint open but it didn't matter it still twitched. And the shortcuts in the background, that was part of the twitch, not me trying to hit them.

Now got to go hurry and get my virus protection up.

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 02:28:44 PM »
Seeing what's missing during the twitch is actually very useful for me, I have a line or two of attack I can pursue, I think.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 04:37:57 PM »
...that's moronic :D!

I means, It's attacking your desktop whatever it is... geez. I'd just throw a few repaints() or something in the code to fix that mids... lol.
~Steinerd

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 08:46:19 PM »
It's a little more complicated than that, unfortunately.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 08:54:47 PM »
If you could Mids, when it's all said and done, explain what went wrong and how you fixed it?  I've never seen this sort of thing happen before and I am curious to know more about it.

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 10:14:40 PM »
Sure. :)
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

BadWonka

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 10:48:11 PM »
Well I guess i'll just have to brave through it till you can find the problem Mids. Thanks for the help everyone.

I'll check up on the thread to see if anyone has found anything every now and then.