Author Topic: Character Rename Procedure  (Read 3205 times)

Terrahawk

• Underling
  • RAH!
    • Octavian Vanguard
Character Rename Procedure
« on: January 31, 2009, 09:33:09 AM »
So after many years of having a toon with a name ending in II, I have decided to rename him to his own name, I have done the deed outside of the game and haven't logged him back in yet.

Question is what is the best way to deal with this from a tracking point of view, there doesn't seem to be a Character rename option on the site itself, so do I need to log him in and just run the settitle binds, then delete the old named toon?

I am guessing I just answered my own question there, but thought I'd ask anyways ;)

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Character Rename Procedure
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 02:24:09 PM »
The moderators and admins have access to such abilities. Simply send one of us (preferably a Moderator, since the admins are all quite busy) a PM with original info and what you needed it changed to, or email support@cohtitan.com with the info.

No point in doing something twice.
~Steinerd

Catharctic

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 05:41:05 PM »
So after many years of having a toon with a name ending in II, I have decided to rename him to his own name, I have done the deed outside of the game and haven't logged him back in yet.

Question is what is the best way to deal with this from a tracking point of view, there doesn't seem to be a Character rename option on the site itself, so do I need to log him in and just run the settitle binds, then delete the old named toon?

I am guessing I just answered my own question there, but thought I'd ask anyways ;)

I just ran it all over when I renamed my Crab Spider a while back, but I'd be happy to fix it for you so you don't have to use the bind file. I know it can be annoying. If you haven't sent an email yet, just give me the following things right here in the thread:

- Global
- Old name
- New name

Terrahawk

• Underling
  • RAH!
    • Octavian Vanguard
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 06:14:52 PM »
Cheers for the responses.

I figure if there's an easy option the sensible thing is to take it, so:

Global: OVTerra2 (listed on CIT under OVTerra)
Old Name: Killa Klown II
New Name: Killa Karnie

Can be found here: http://cit.cohtitan.com/character/98265

Many thanks for the help :)

Catharctic

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 06:58:22 PM »
I'm running a bit behind today. I will get this done either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. Sorry for the delay. Crazy weekend.