Author Topic: Help: Trying to get Herostats to track progress towads Toy Collector  (Read 2741 times)

dandc0711

• Underling
So I know there's a custom tab in the Herostats Option and I'd like to use it to create a stat to track the number of presents's I've opened so that I can know how close I am to the Toy Collector Badge. The Game gives a specific message of "You open the present!" each time you open the presents so I figure there's got to be an easy way to have Herostats create a simple counter but I'm not a programmer. Can any code smart people help me out with this?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Help: Trying to get Herostats to track progress towads Toy Collector
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 11:43:40 PM »
I could have sworn that the game tracked percentages and amounts now, find where the badge would normally be (probably achievements) and see if there is a number.

If you need the game text to figure out which badge it is, search it on CIT.
~Steinerd

dandc0711

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 11:50:43 PM »
The game doesn't track all the badge's and Toy collector's one of the ones it doesn't.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 11:52:59 PM »
really!? Wow, that's messed up. Why implement something if it doesn't do the WHOLE picture ya know...

ineffablebob (Skip) will probably see this soon and let you know a way around that.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:14:13 AM by SuckerPunch »
~Steinerd

StarGeek

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 12:11:03 AM »
Open up the Villains Defeated window in Herostats  (View-> Villains defeated).  You'll see how many presents you've opened there.

dandc0711

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 01:28:08 AM »
Thanks, thats exactly what I needed :)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 03:42:17 PM »
Rarely though, that item doesn't Update immediately. Sure it tracks it, but sometimes it will not add the numbers correctly until you Re-log back onto that specific Toon, while having HS load it's saved data.

I'm not 100% if this has been corrected as my experience is from the I11 builds of HS, but all-in-all, that should show you mostly everything you are looking for.  Besides, if the count is off, what's a few extra presents anyway :P.

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 05:08:04 PM »
I kept a notepad nearby when working on Toy Collector... Thankfully I don't have to worry about it this year. ;]
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes