Author Topic: How many 'tics' in Immortal?  (Read 6798 times)

Sooner

• Underling
How many 'tics' in Immortal?
« on: October 30, 2008, 02:38:34 PM »
I'm trying to gauge how much longer I have to get this badge.

I'm at about 84% on the progress bar, and I get slightly less than one tic a day.

Is a tic 1% or less than 1%?

Any idea?

Catharctic

Re: How many 'tics' in Immortal?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 03:09:46 PM »
I've been told before that all the status bars contain 100 tics. Some of them just "award" more tics than others to complete the bar. Using that logic, I would assume that each tiny tic for Immortal would equal 1%, since it's such a large number.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 04:12:13 PM »
That's pretty much* the truth for all the progress bars.  For example, if the badge requires 200 defeats of a given type of boss, every two defeats will increment the bar one tick.

Since Immortal requires 1,000,000,000 damage taken, each tick should be 10,000,000 damage.

* I say "pretty much" because I haven't seen an exception to the rule.  There might be one somewhere that I haven't been exposed to.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Sooner

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 04:25:41 PM »
I hope that's  true.  If so, I should have about 3 weeks left before I get it.

I really wanted to get it before I13 went live.

Thanks for the replies, and if anyone knows different, please let me know!

Sooner

Sooner

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 05:06:20 PM »
....and... I just confirmed that one tic is 1%. I took a screenshot yesterday before it tic'd, did a little math determined that I was at 84% of the progress bar. I saw that it tic'd this morning, so did the same, and determined that I am now at 85% of the progress bar. That means I SHOULD have this badge before issue 13 (unless they really get moving on it), and THAT makes me happy.

:D