Author Topic: Duplicate toons, and wrong powersets  (Read 6069 times)

maddogstormcrow

• Underling
Duplicate toons, and wrong powersets
« on: October 25, 2008, 05:19:49 PM »
I keep getting duplicate toons created on my character list and it puts them on different servers randomly like Emende is on pinnacle, but just the other day it also made one of him on virtue. Also a couple of my toons have incorrect powersets listed. Darrian Bladedancer is a dual blade, not a broadsword scrapper.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Duplicate toons, and wrong powersets
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 05:38:27 PM »
Wow, this is pretty weird... and unforeseen.

Something in the pathways between the apps and the site I assume...

Which application are you using? HeroStats or TNT. And verify if you have the newest version of both.

TNT: 1.0.4.3
HeroStats: 4.2.2.5

We've been having problems with VEATs... I fear that COH has changed the way we read it's info again.
~Steinerd

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 07:53:55 PM »
Wow, this is pretty weird... and unforeseen.

No, it's not.  The game doesn't always immediately clear your server from memory on logout, and it doesn't always immediately update your server on login.  TNT gets confused because really, it relies on what is in memory.

It's something that could probably be hacked around in the TNT code but right now it's reporting what the game is telling it at the time of updating.  It's a known issue.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 07:57:49 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo, ok that's what that zone/server update bug was. ok... sry for the misleading post.
~Steinerd

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 08:41:30 PM »
No, it's not.  The game doesn't always immediately clear your server from memory on logout, and it doesn't always immediately update your server on login.  TNT gets confused because really, it relies on what is in memory.

It's something that could probably be hacked around in the TNT code but right now it's reporting what the game is telling it at the time of updating.  It's a known issue.
can't u simply put in a delay on server detection ?
say like a 2 minute wait ?
Wii: 3579 7589 2003 1962 .:. Gamertag, Playfire & PSN: Shades29A[/B]

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 08:45:21 PM »
Naw, I've looked at the tool we're using for it, and unlike most things in the game, the zone/server isn't sent to a chat channel...(/whereami can fix that) so it has to get it from somewhere else... it seems that the location where the two are hiding isn't always up to date, working from a cache memory.
~Steinerd

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 09:12:29 PM »
it gets it from the main Windows window ... afaik

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 10:57:57 PM »
That's the zone, it can't determine the server right away.

And depending on what OS you're using (and if you're running the program as administrator) the program might not have permission to grab that info.
~Steinerd

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 11:11:46 PM »
err, right
doh, stupid mistake ...
NEway, u'll figure it out ;)

ineffablebob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 11:59:35 PM »
HeroStats has an option for this problem. (View->Global Options->Web Sites, Server Refresh Name Interval. Defaults to waiting 30 seconds.) I assume Volt didn't do the same in TNT for performance reasons. It's up to you - HeroStats uses more memory and is slower to load than TNT, but it shouldn't have this problem.
Skip

Character List
HeroStats Developer
Proud Member of Legion of Valor and Fallen Legion

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 12:04:30 AM »
Thanks Skip :)  I think Volt wanted to add something like that in to TNT but never got around to it.

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 12:33:41 AM »
so it is possible, like i thought :)

maddogstormcrow

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 12:37:54 AM »
ok, that explains that as I am an altaholic I do jump around. I can see how that is, and I'll just have to keep deleting the extra toons for now. Herostats causes too much lag in my system so I'm using TNT. So that's that, but what about the wrong powersets?

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 08:09:45 AM »
currently we're upgrading our own "control panel" for the Titan Network
when that's finished we'll have the ability to edit profiles (toons, users, etc;...)

no ETA tho, but we'll probably make a newspost about it

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 06:32:49 PM »
I suffered from Powerset issues as well:

Just keep playing on a Toon and Verify that TNT is reading it correctly.  If it is not, close out the TNT (still have to use the TaskMgr I believe) and then start it over.  That clears out everything and should allow it to read fresh.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 06:38:09 PM by Tazhyngarth »

ricochet

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 05:41:01 AM »
Little bit of a necro on this, I'm afraid... but I'm seeing duplicates as well. Most are correct as far as AT and such, but some are duplicates with only a level difference. For instance on Pinnacle I have a Warshade called Sunhaven. Showed up three times in the character list. Same server. An archery blaster showed up on two different servers, though.

Best to just show you an example from the end of the list:

I have the same thing higher up, as well, missing (for instance) pri/sec powerset, or origin, but these sorts of things are scattered throughout my listing. I *can* delete and start over, but figured you should know (and can't just go by duplicate names, as I *do* have duplicate names on some servers, IE Pinnacle and Virtue, for instance.) It's not just my 'shades.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 07:02:25 AM »
Best way to avoid this from happening. Is upon loggin to another character, trying restarting which ever tracker application you are using.

Meaning, if you log off... at the login screen, CLOSE Glycerine and reopen it. (Or HS).

Sadly for these applications there is no real "flag" from the game to let us know that you've changed characters.
~Steinerd

Maverick X

• Elite Boss
  • Superpowered Awesome
    • SeanMcMahan.info
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 01:16:57 PM »
HS usually doesn't have this issue as it has a timer to wait to send after detecting a character change/login. The old Synapse and TNT had this as well, but it hasn't been re-implemented into Glycerine.
Sean
Retired Resident Titan Nerd
---------------------------

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 03:23:20 PM »
Best way to avoid this from happening. Is upon loggin to another character, trying restarting which ever tracker application you are using.

Or, if you know you're going to be switching servers, you can quit to your desktop instead of quitting to your login screen and then restart CoH.  That works, too.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 03:25:15 PM »
True, Very True

Regarding Mav's Last Post:
I'll talk to Mr. SuckerPunch and see if I can get the thumbs up to make that past functionality work, Unless SP already has it done, just waiting to pile on a few more enhancements and features to TNT: Glycerine before up-ing the next version.
~Steinerd