Author Topic: Urgh - me troubel wiht cit sighte  (Read 3062 times)

Zombra

• Minion
Urgh - me troubel wiht cit sighte
« on: September 26, 2008, 07:09:00 AM »
OK, this in all likelihood has zero to do with the CIT site architecture, but I'm going nuts and you guys are more tech savvy than I - figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

The CIT site is behaving as if I have images blocked or something when I look at it in Firefox.  I've been through my Adblock list a million times (well, two or three at least), and it is definitely not blocking any Titan URL.  Nevertheless, it continues to look like hell.

The only thing I can think of besides Firefox Adblock that I use that might have anything to do with it is Spybot.  But I can't figure out why it would suddenly decide that CIT is malignant.  Navigating its list of blocked processes etc. is a nightmare though, so I can't rule that out.

Again, I strongly doubt that this is in any way caused by anything on your end, but you guys are so lovable and huggable I thought you might have some thoughts for me anyway.  Any advice much appreciated.  Z

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Urgh - me troubel wiht cit sighte
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 01:16:46 PM »
Well, my first impression is the Page didn't load fully, as that's sort of what my Sites look like at home when my Internet decides not to work.  I'm betting that's not the case for you, as (based on what you've said) this has been happening for a little while now.

When was the last time you cleared your Cookies/Offline Files/History?  Perhaps something saved from FF got corrupt.  That's a long shot thought, but as simple as it is, I have to ask.  :/

I have no reason to believe Spybot would do this, it appears that it's blocking the "Banner" at the top, wherein your Links are just lined up on the left as if that Banner never existed, affecting the Dropdown Links as well.  I could be wrong, not much experience with it, as I don't use it, but that doesn't sound like normal Spybot behavior from what I am used to.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 01:22:00 PM by Tazhyngarth »

Zombra

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 03:03:53 PM »
Good thought.  I have never cleared my Cookies/Offline Files/History.  And simple things are just the kind of things I don't think of!  :)

Turns out, however, that it was a magic ghost that was doing it.  After a week or two of having the problem, all I had to do was post here about it and it went away this morning.  Like, once I spoke about it out loud, it disappeared.  Ghosts never stick around once the cops show up with their flashlights etc.

Anyway, thanks for the reply Taz  ;)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 03:11:16 PM »
Hahaha!  Ghosts in the Machine!? :P

Cool, I'm glad it's fixed.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 08:24:09 PM »
Based on the screenshot, it looks like one of the two CSS files I use isn't loaded properly.  The specific file would be sub.css.

What probably happened is your local cache for CIT expired between the last time you had checked it and when it started working again.  No idea how it would have stopped serving right to begin with, but yeah clearing your cache would have done the trick in fixing it instead of waiting for the cache to expire on it's own.

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 02:04:42 PM »
Based on the screenshot, it looks like one of the two CSS files I use isn't loaded properly.  The specific file would be sub.css.

What probably happened is your local cache for CIT expired between the last time you had checked it and when it started working again.  No idea how it would have stopped serving right to begin with, but yeah clearing your cache would have done the trick in fixing it instead of waiting for the cache to expire on it's own.

I have this happen on other sites with FF 3.0 and soemtimes with IE.  Seems it's just a bug with the browsers.
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 02:25:32 PM »
This might explain why Shades is having his FF3 issue with our Interface then.

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 03:40:25 PM »
well, i hadn't tried it in IE7 yet
but just tried it, and yeah, same thing happens there
Wii: 3579 7589 2003 1962 .:. Gamertag, Playfire & PSN: Shades29A[/B]

Sharyd

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 11:35:08 PM »
Try a hard reload of the page, (CTRL+F5).

If that doesn't work.

In IE7 goto Tools->Internet Options, After Window Opens, General Tab, Under the Browsing History section click "Settings".

There is another Box that pops up,  Check of "Every Time I visit the webpage".
Then OK, your self out.

In FF3, they did the same mistake, In the address bar type "about:config"

Say you will be careful. Filter "browser.cache.check_doc_frequency"

Right Click->Modify-> Change 3 to 1

0    once per session
1    everytime
2    never
3    when out of date (default)

That should fix it right up for ya, Let me know how it goes.