Author Topic: Elitegamers - AT Build Suggestions  (Read 11682 times)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Elitegamers - AT Build Suggestions
« on: September 25, 2008, 05:01:24 PM »
Because Iltat is on what may be an indeffinate leave of absence, and not many of us have the experience to fill his shoes, I'm going to Post a Link to a Website that has recordings of all types of AT Builds.  EliteGamers, a player run Wiki containing numerous Build Types for every AT currently in-game, as well as some Guides that are pretty handy to have.  They don't have every single type of build out there, this is just some listings based on the Personal Experience of those who suggested them to the Webmaster (Lazoris).

If anyone has Ideas or has tested Builds that they found to be excellent, feel free to direct an Email to Lazoris at webmaster@elitegamers.us informing him of them.  I'm not exactly sure on his "qualifications" of what does or doesn't make it into the Listings, but I'm fairly certain that if the suggested Build holds good stat numbers and doesn't require one to have a Billion Inf to obtain, it should be reasonable to believe that it should make it to the Listing.

Note:  This isn't exactly a place to go and Post requests such as we have done here, you can only Browse what's already in place there, make suggestions for possible improvements of those said Builds, give your feedback for creating new Builds, or even Post a Build you believe to be valuable.  Therefore, it's not an exact replacement for what Iltat has offered for us in the Past, but in light of his absence, it's the best we know of to offer a similar service.

Try it out!

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
Re: Elitegamers - AT Build Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 10:09:28 PM »
See, see, this is why I can't look at these builds and consider them viable.  5-6 slotted Hasten with level 50 IOs, what?

Then there's stuff like this:

(A) Hecatomb - Damage: Level 50
(5) Hecatomb - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
(5) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
(9) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
(43) Hecatomb - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
(46) HamiO:Nucleolus Exposure

What? 5 pieces of Hecatomb AND a Nuc? Or 5 pieces of Armageddon AND an level 50 ACC IO? And I look over set bonuses and see they have like 83% in Accuracy bonuses too? *dies*

I can never be an Elite gamer; I don't have that much time or Inf to throw around. Plus the utter waste on the enhancements in the slots makes me cry.

Tho' they did do a nice job recreating the AT icons in a non shiny way. No, really they do look nice.

Okay I'll be good now. I'm konw there will be those to find info on that site handy. I'm going back to my non-elite corner now.
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 02:24:54 AM »
LOL!  Well, I didn't mention what exactly was in the Builds featured there (SURPRISE!!! :D), but if you did have suggestions or even Questions as to "Why did you do that?!", you should really send them Laz's way.  He does think like us, but I don't know his sources...5-6 slotted Hasten is odd...perhaps he never Updated the Build you saw, Post-ED?

Those are answers only he holds. :P

Lazoris

• Minion
    • EliteGamers.us - Builds
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 11:48:09 AM »
Hey syrusb, if you need a little less expensive version of that build you were looking at let me know. I can work up a cheap build that you can use till you are able to slot the expensive IOs. Most of the build, but not all on the site are meant to be Final Builds, which means its a build that players have worked up to.

They aren't builds that you can just jump into. I was working on rebuilding alot of them to cheaper builds before i took my leave of abscence from coh back in august. And, I'm more than willing to still work on builds if someone requests them.

Just let me know. I know alot of my old guildies requested cheaper versions and I got most of those on the site. If you need something specific just email me @ lazoris@gmail.com.

I am leaving the site up, for those who still use it.

And FYI anyone can join the wiki and post a build there are no stipulations on what does or doesnt get added, as long as there are no duplicates of the exact same thing.

If you don't feel comfortable adding it yourself just email me the build thats exported from mids. and include everything in the long form export. HTML version and ill post it to the site.

Laz

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 01:19:21 PM »
Laz!  Thanks for Posting here....I kept forgetting to let you know I had made this Entry :P, sorry.

Lazoris

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 01:19:51 PM »
Oh and one thing to realize when looking at the builds on elitegamers, is that most of them are made to focus on a particular aspect of the build. Such as Farming or PvP, and the players that use them generally focus on boosting certain aspects of the build such as damage output vs defense or speed.

However, there are some well rounded builds on the site. I would love to have a wider range of builds for players to use and comment. The main aspect of the site is to allow players to see what others are using, and share ideas.

Posting a build on Elitegamers isn't about having the best it's about being the best. Some of the best builds on the site dont have purples at all in their builds. Don't have to spend mad money on something that works just as well with a cheap build.

So, feel free to post your build reguardless of how great it maybe. Hell, if you have and incomplete build and you need help finishing it. Post it or send it to me to post and let other players have a gander at it.

I'll post instruction on the front of the website on how to post incomplete builds for you and there are guides in the help area on how to post a build. If you still need help with it just ask me. I'm here to help.

Laz

Lazoris

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 01:20:41 PM »
Nah its cool taz found it when I was searching the net. Thank the gods for google lol.

myrobeck

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 02:47:56 PM »
elitegamers.us is not on the internet anymore. anybody else got a good web site to look at suggested builds?

Lazoris

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 09:25:36 PM »
yeah it is, i just took it down for the last week to try and get the russian and chinese spammers off the site, ill put it back up give me 10 minutes.

been getting about 30 spammers a day in the forums and such so its been a pain in the neck. Hoiping they gave up finally lol.

Lazoris

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 10:52:27 PM »
Ok nvm the 10 minutes have an issue with the host, itll be back up next weekend when i get back from out of town for sure. Sorry.

As for another site for builds or anything related to them, Titans, my site and the main coh forums are all there is.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 11:01:33 PM »
yeah it is, i just took it down for the last week to try and get the russian and chinese spammers off the site, ill put it back up give me 10 minutes.

been getting about 30 spammers a day in the forums and such so its been a pain in the neck. Hoiping they gave up finally lol.

Let me know (via PM or email) if you continue to have issues with that. There are a few measures that can be taken to avoid such intrusions.
~Steinerd

Lazoris

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 11:27:02 PM »
yeah their a real pain in my back side, hve to constantly ban their ips and it doesnt seem to slow it lol. Thanks I'll let you know once i get it back up if their still bugging me.

Lazoris

• Minion
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 02:19:05 AM »
Ok the site is back up. Sorry for the downtime.

faero malikite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 02:03:38 AM »
laz i was wondering if you could help me with a fire/rad corruptor Pvp build. Not trying to break the bank or anything.  I took my fire/rad troller into arena for some kickball and she did very well...so i want to make a red side version (i understand the fire powers are not quite the same). 

Faero

murdercitybrawlers@yahoo.com
@faero malikite
@reverrend irreverent
I likey da firey!

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 02:56:18 AM »
Laz informed me a few days ago that he is leaving COH/V indefinitely. And though he said it was great ride while it lasted... it was just time to move on... in more words of course, lol.

I recently helped him protect his site "elitegamers.us" against spammers and ad-bots so he made me an admin over there just for that purpose... I will be taking all existing builds from his databases and finding them a home somewhere on Titan... a temporary repository of Laz's builds made with Mids'. He's cool with this and he's happy that his hard work won't just fall off the face of the earth.

Though he might poke his head around, I don't know if he will be taking anymore requests.

~Steinerd

TCrazii

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 09:07:43 PM »
so who will get credit for the builds u post over there?
i always wanted to kno if u wuld put the person who made the build's name or refer to them or what lol jus curious