Author Topic: unlock data-locked characters?  (Read 3049 times)

Naienko

• Underling
    • firechild
unlock data-locked characters?
« on: September 12, 2008, 01:56:05 PM »
Can I persuade you guys to add a function whereby characters whose info has been locked by being added via the TNT can be unlocked?  I have a lot of low-level toons whose info is locked because they were added during a badge-check round, and I'd like to be able to correct them.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: unlock data-locked characters?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 02:09:51 PM »
If you are speaking of the PowerSets that are locked, those will be corrected so long as they are recognized properly by the TNT.  Some PowerSets have Powers that can't be properly tracked until the Higher Levels, such as 20+, even some as late as 30+.

All items that are Locked on the Character Edit Pages are info that gets added only by TNT or HeroStats / HeroStats Unstable, no manual interaction is allowed there.  We were talking about making an Option on that same Page that will allow you to perminently Lock in the correct Powersets so that once they are correct, they will always be.  We did this because there were slight bugs that caused the Tracking Program to misread the PowerSets and log the incorrect one.  This also came about because everytime you play your Character with one of those Programs running, everything gets checked against the Site Profile, if a change is noticed, it is made, thus to keep the info accurate and current.

We haven't finalized that option yet, but that's one of the steps towards making what you're seeing not happen.  So the short answer for you is to just keep playing the Characters and eventually the TNT will log the correct Powers, or you can delete the Character from CIT and have TNT add them again, it will most likely add them correctly unless the PowerSets involved pertain to the Lv item I mentioned prior.

Naienko

• Underling
    • firechild
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 04:01:34 PM »
It's absolutely pertaining to the level item, which is why I was wondering about a way to correct them by hand and then have them be locked in by the program.  The only real way around it I can see right now is to delete the character and re-enter them into the db by hand, then hope that the program doesn't overwrite what I entered.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 04:14:11 PM »
Why not just log that character in?  ???

Naienko

• Underling
    • firechild
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 07:54:32 PM »
As Tahn pointed out, there's some powersets that can't be told apart from others until pretty late in the game, and these are level 1-5 toons I'm looking at.  So, I have logged them in, but there isn't enough info for the TNT to know what powersets they have, and I want to correct those by hand.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 09:23:34 PM »
Wow, talk about completely misunderstanding the entire point  :o

Yeah, I see what you mean now. In retrospect my first response was pretty stupid :)