Author Topic: IOs, Money, and Making Both  (Read 65329 times)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: IOs, Money, and Making Both
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2007, 03:11:45 AM »
That's exactly what I have been doing.  I have a Rikti mish that spawns at least 4 Portals of 44k - 52k each.  Plus I defeat almost all the mobs there just for the extra cash.  One run in about 20 minutes will run me about 600k.

And yes, the Raid gives 2 - 3 mil easy, love it.

-Taz

Pyro Warrior

• Boss
    • The Titan Corporation
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 03:20:05 AM »
See I can gross that in about 10 minutes, but I use my NRG/NRG brute. I 1 shot kill the portals.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 03:25:49 AM »
I 1 shot kill the portals.

I like to defeat them fully....to make sure I get the credit.

-Taz

Pyro Warrior

• Boss
    • The Titan Corporation
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2007, 03:32:03 AM »
Oh so do I, hop in. Aggro the com off. Hop out wait for portal to spawn, hop back in BU+ET =s one portal down while the com officer and his minions look at me like wtf just happened.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2007, 02:10:47 PM »
Oh that's right, you can defeat them faster then I.  Time to slot my Tank for more Damage >_<.  Normalli I jump in near the Com Off and kill one of his buddies, then unload on the Portal, and AoE/Cone/PBAoE whatever on the group that now surrounds me.  But ya, it's slower then you for Damage output lol.

-Taz

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2007, 08:21:50 AM »

well i tried that with my Ice/Ice blaster, and even the revisited version of my buld doesnt give me enough survivability to wait for the portal.... there, it's me that's one shot. ^^

ImOkRuOk

• Underling
  • Veridicule
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2007, 06:04:03 AM »
ya ... that's great n all... but how about not being so one sided ... like the rest of this game seems.
   in other words... where's the villain love?

Experimental Hazards BABY!

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2007, 07:14:51 AM »
Unfortunately, I'm not much of a villains player. The way to make money villainside on my server is send a tell to @Bronx (for the record, he's in the top ten of inf makers [both sides] ever in the game).

For the most part, the TV farm seems to be the way to go outside of MM farming in the Fab and RWZ stuff. You can use the RWZ tricks that I posted and basically ignore the Arcane salvage tricks due to the low price of most salvage villainside. Also, try Cap au Diable SF farms (the SF can be done in under an hour with the right team and has a chance of a 30-40 million inf reward).
@iltat, @Pinghole

Also 50: Emp/Rad (PvP), PB, Ill/Emp, Sonic/EM (PvP), Kin/Psy (PvP), Fire/Fire Tank, Ice/Dev (PvP), Ice/Thermal (PvP)
Champion Server
The Pingu Coalition (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Silent (Hero PvP) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Peckerhead (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the S.T.F.U. About Our SG Tags (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Bloodpack (Hero) The Pingus Who Stole Your Lunch Money (Villains) Pingu City Justice League/PCJL (Test Hero PvP

Catharctic

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2008, 09:51:43 PM »
Here's something I just realized yesterday. Getting the lvl 45/50 memorization badges can give your heroes and villains a "side income". It takes a good bit of inf to achieve them, but once you do, it's time to start trading!

Example: Level 50 Damage IO

#1:
   464,400 - Price to buy the recipe outright from an invention table.
+ 464,400 - Price to invent the enhancement, plus salvage (but it's very common)
   928,800 - Total if you had to buy the recipe for it's full price. Ouch!

#2:
232,200 - Total price to invent the memorized enhancement, plus salvage.

If you post the enhancement on the market for 350,000 - 400,000 someone will definitely buy it to save all the inf that can be involved with the first example. I've been making a net profit of 100K-200K per enhancement. It's a bit of a process, but well worth it if you want to bank some inf.

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2008, 02:15:33 AM »
If you learn how to play the market, profits can get you into the billions range. I won't post all the tricks to the market because not even I know all of them.

Remember, though, to make great amounts of inf, you will take great amounts of risk. Don't play the market unless you're prepared to live with losing alot too.
@iltat, @Pinghole

Also 50: Emp/Rad (PvP), PB, Ill/Emp, Sonic/EM (PvP), Kin/Psy (PvP), Fire/Fire Tank, Ice/Dev (PvP), Ice/Thermal (PvP)
Champion Server
The Pingu Coalition (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Silent (Hero PvP) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Peckerhead (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the S.T.F.U. About Our SG Tags (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Bloodpack (Hero) The Pingus Who Stole Your Lunch Money (Villains) Pingu City Justice League/PCJL (Test Hero PvP

Catharctic

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2008, 05:17:02 AM »
If you would give me a tip (PM) to make just 1 billion for my main, I would be able to make his dream build and make him Paragon's greatest philanthropist for the rest of his in-game career.

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2008, 07:14:15 AM »
My tip for making 1 billion?

Play alot. Don't buy much stuff. ;)
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Catharctic

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2008, 05:17:28 PM »
 >:(

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2008, 06:23:28 PM »

ok, here's a not so good tip, but it's worth the try.
Cimerora TF.

a friend of mine saw his team leaving at the last mission.
he stayed.
he plays from time to time, wiping the entire map, then reseting.
lots of materials, IO schems, inf.

i think i'll get also one of my toons stuck there, and i'll get numbers so you can see by yourselves.

Icy ^^

faero malikite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2008, 03:56:10 AM »
OK, this isn't the right place for this topic. If you could post a new thread in the General Discussion, it would be awesome. I'd like to know how people bank so much inf. I see people buying Set IOs for 25 mill and up, and I get mad at Wentworths and just go run around with a bunch of empty slots. Do people just farm all the time or what? I spent over 5 mill on a Proc recipe and ingredients last night. When I tested it out, I realized I had just spent a lot on something that wasn't gonna do much for the type of missions I'm normally on. I want to know how to bank major inf on both sides and still play the game, not just farm.

P.S. I just now noticed the name of this thread. Skip the whole part about this isn't where it goes. I'll await your response Iltat.

There are certain salvage pieces and recipes you can buy from WW or the BM and resale to a quartermaster (the appropriate one for enhancements) for a profit..time consuming yes, but profitable..also creating recipes and selling the enhancement (depending on the salvage needed) ...street sweeping certain zones is great for rare drops, cimerora is a great place for drops as well as fire zone zulu....and some will count towards badges as well...i have gotten numerous purple drops from the wall on the northern most part of map of cimerora..but it can get crowded and it has lots of Lt.'s and bosses so squishies beware..I also have several farmers..(dual accounts) and my sg has numerous dual account holders so ill spend a few hours a week with fillers farming certain maps ..but i enjoy farming...hope that helps a lil bit..

@faero malikite
Freedom Server
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 12:37:18 AM by faero malikite »
@faero malikite
@reverrend irreverent
I likey da firey!