Author Topic: Titan network News feed  (Read 5049 times)

welshtroll

• Underling
Titan network News feed
« on: July 31, 2008, 09:20:37 PM »
Are there any plans to make the Titan network news available via rss, I don't generally check the news frequently and i could notice updates a little quicker.

Thanks

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Titan network News feed
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 09:53:27 PM »
That's a great idea!  We'll have to add that to our to-do list :)

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 07:32:47 AM »
there used to be a CIT RSS feed (http://www.cityinfoterminal.com/live/rss.asp)
but with recent changes, it got a bit lost ...
i'm sure we'll add it back tho :)
Wii: 3579 7589 2003 1962 .:. Gamertag, Playfire & PSN: Shades29A[/B]

pinebaron

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 06:50:39 PM »
Would it be possible to apply your avatar-making magic to the RSS feed to produce news bulletin bitmaps?

I'd like to be able to view the headlines in my base via the CoH Splasher Randomizer.

(Like this :

http://www.splasher.com.ar/2008/03/how-to-distribute-textures-to-your.html   )

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 07:55:19 PM »
that's actually quite nifty!
first time i see something like that tho
and imho, a great idea :)

BUT, i think we (CoHtitan) will have to discuss this very carefully, IF we want to do something like that
because we would be breaching the EULA, and we don't take that lightly
so, don't get your hopes up ...
Wii: 3579 7589 2003 1962 .:. Gamertag, Playfire & PSN: Shades29A[/B]

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 07:58:51 PM »
I've caught word of items such as this that alter in-game "Billboards" and such, but mainly all I've noticed was the Login Screen/Server Selection Screen alterations.  The ability to choose your own Image(s) for those two Screens.

I think this is cool, hopefully we can make something work.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 08:25:32 PM »
Would it be possible to apply your avatar-making magic to the RSS feed to produce news bulletin bitmaps?

I'd like to be able to view the headlines in my base via the CoH Splasher Randomizer.

(Like this :

http://www.splasher.com.ar/2008/03/how-to-distribute-textures-to-your.html   )

That's very cool, but would require a good amount of planning out to do right.  I'll definitely talk to the other guys and see if there's something we can come up with.

pinebaron

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 09:32:55 PM »
Awesome!

Yet, less awesome than I thought.  I definitely don't want to start any trouble.  I was unware the /data feature fell outside the EULA. 

(After a few minutes with Google, I see that there was an incident in which NCsoft apparently went after Vidiot's users around the time of Issue 2.  Yet... they only did it once, and they allowed Cryptic to leave the feature in.  This all spells confusion for me.)

Speaking anecdotally, it seems the game is smart enough to display an ad instead of user artwork, so long as ads are turned on.  I replaced all of the billboards via Splasher, but I still see some Sidekick telephone ads.  So "splashing" doesn't interfere with the in-game ad feature, at least.

But yeah, it'd take some design work to do well.  The base computer screens would actually be an even cooler place to put the RSS feed, but they rely on a template consisting of an image inset within a larger one.

If you want one more person to help with template planning, please let me know.