Author Topic: Homecoming.....  (Read 3077 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Homecoming.....
« on: September 16, 2023, 05:00:52 AM »
Aww man, someone swiped my name on the Homecoming home page...!!

Imposter! Imposter!

Man I can't believe I'm just now trying to make an account there. Time flies when you're dazed.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Homecoming.....
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 01:43:27 PM »
Welcome I guess. I haven't played in over a year and don't have it or mids installed on my new rig, but still, glad you finally made it.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 10:16:20 PM »
Dang man I seem to have been knocked off of the notify of new posts list otherwise I'd've replied sooner. Did try removing myself and re-adding awhile back but it didn't seem to work.

Anyway! Thanks for the welcome. Didn't make it past the sign-in, tho. Got stuck on a username and then saw something shiny and there I went. I'll give'er another try soonish.

Man I wish I had my old Mids files!! Lost them a couple of years back along with some other nostalgic stuff including EverQuest screenies I'd been carrying around from nearly 25 years ago. I'd pretty much reached my goals for TW/Ele Brute and Claws/Fire Brute (thanks in part to how cheap stuff got at the end) and would do it exactly the same all over again.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2023, 04:31:58 PM »
Not even sure if old Mids files will work on MidsReborn, and if they did they'd be outmoded several times over by changes.
As to user name stuckness. Dawn of the Xeven fits. Just sayin'

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2023, 09:27:51 PM »
Not even sure if old Mids files will work on MidsReborn

Well I was thinking if I had my old Mid files from the Great drive(s) Crash that took down everything from old EverQuest screenies on up I'd have saved the old mids program installation files, too.

Dawn of the Xeven fits. Just sayin'

Edit... I saw the trailer and thought hey that looks cool then saw read somethings via google that said it was a fake movie referenced in a series and then I read that Google Generative AI says that's a real movie that was released in theaters June 3, 2022 so I went with it being actually fake and now I'm not sure. lol

« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 09:38:15 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2023, 08:25:50 PM »
Not even sure if old Mids files will work on MidsReborn, and if they did they'd be outmoded several times over by changes.
As to user name stuckness. Dawn of the Xeven fits. Just sayin'

Probably not as even with the original mids, if something was added to the database, then it didn't always like loading files. But you can view the raw file and perhaps rebuild it that way in a new save.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2023, 09:32:40 PM »
Well I was thinking if I had my old Mid files from the Great drive(s) Crash that took down everything from old EverQuest screenies on up I'd have saved the old mids program installation files, too.

Edit... I saw the trailer and thought hey that looks cool then saw read somethings via google that said it was a fake movie referenced in a series and then I read that Google Generative AI says that's a real movie that was released in theaters June 3, 2022 so I went with it being actually fake and now I'm not sure. lol

Dawn of the Seven is the movie in the Boys, meant to be a parody of Snyder's Justice League. I could see AI thinking it's real since there are plenty of parody shorts on yoobs for the boys.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2024, 08:27:50 PM »
Google Generative AI says that's a real movie that was released in theaters June 3, 2022 so I went with it being actually fake

Dawn of the Seven is the movie in the Boys, meant to be a parody of Snyder's Justice League. I could see AI thinking it's real since there are plenty of parody shorts on yoobs for the boys.

I was taking the opportunity to take a jab at Google Generative AI, there.

It *was* tough coming in cold with no knowledge of the subject to figure out if the movie was real or not. I mean there is a movie trailer, movie webpage, and plenty of fake info on the Internet making it look like this was a real movie. Bravo!

I consider myself a decent Internet snoop. It was surprising how difficult it was to figure things out. They did a really nice fake campaign for that 'movie'!

With my experience with GGAI up to that point, my first indicator that the info was false, was, GGAI said it wasn't. lol..
Some Faves: