Author Topic: Netflix Guardians of Justice  (Read 3276 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Netflix Guardians of Justice
« on: March 13, 2022, 10:00:30 AM »
In a world where not-Superman gets depressed and eats a Kryptonite bullet and not-Batman is a Wrasslin' Detective out to solve the... suicide?  Get ready for a series that shamelessly rips off DC and Marvel characters to tell what might ultimately be a story through retro video game animations, bad cartoons, poorly shot scenes with effects that would make a half-assing YouTuber cringe, and the occasional bit of weird claymation...

It's bad...  but I think it's supposed to be.  It bills itself as an Adi Shankar (IIRC) experience, so I'm presuming all of the weirdness is a signature style.  I'm most of the way through it and I plan on finishing it, but it's mostly an exercise in train wreck voyeurism.

Christopher Judge as POTUS Nic Nukem is pretty amusing, though.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Netflix Guardians of Justice
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 07:35:55 AM »
This series finished out weirdly. 
Spoiler for Hidden:
Turned out that not-Batman is a repressed homosexual who wants to (and successfully does) take over the world.  This isn't far off from various versions of Batman, but he also kinda employs Luthor's strategy from Kingdom Come of brainwashing a boy-with-magic-word-access-to-god-power, in this case making him not-Robin who likes and yet kills not-Flash...

Oh, and there might be an impending invasion from outer space as a sort of impetus for uniting the world.  So a bit of Watchmen in there, too.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 03:52:22 AM »
It's bad...  but I think it's supposed to be.

Nuff' Said! Maybe I can figure out if it's really bad or not when I watch it.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 08:23:21 AM »
I tried since I liked Far Cry: Blood Dragon so much but I just couldn't. Turns out intentional cheese works much better in video games. Tapped out early ep 2.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 01:22:08 AM »
Tapped out early ep 2.

Can't remember how far I made it but I remember going from "hey, this is different it has potential" to "I'll save this for later" pretty early on.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2024, 09:19:01 PM »
As a fellow student deeply engrossed in the world of academia, the exploration of AI Overlord in public schools is nothing short of fascinating.

*Invasion of the Body Snatcher noises*  /point
Some Faves: