Author Topic: : (  (Read 2404 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
: (
« on: October 01, 2021, 12:57:40 PM »
Here is how a typical Netflix session goes with me.. Start Netflix.. Look through titles for X amount of time. Go to My List and re-watch an episode of Star Trek (original)..

This morning my My List is 1 title shorter...

https://trekmovie.com/2021/08/26/3-star-trek-series-leaving-netflix-in-september-signals-possible-move-to-consolidate-franchise-on-paramount/

: /

Paramount+ just made 1 new enemy which takes them down a notch from their previous status of being totally uninteresting.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
Re: : (
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 11:26:03 PM »
Yeah, We're gonna run into a situation real quick where All the networks force their content onto their own apps and we end up paying more than cable (for those who aren't already). I'm not the one who uses them mostly, but We've got Disney, Netflix, Paramount, Philo, and YouTube. I watch the starwars stuff on disney and trek on paramount. Netflix is my go-to for Sci-fi flicks. Aside from those, I have access to AMZ (C/O Prime) and Vudu (decent rentals).
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 12:17:27 AM »
Original Star Trek was a show I finally got to watch when having more than 3 tv channels to watch was new. I guess I just don't think of it as a 1 station show and not only that, a 1 Pay station show. That's assuming Paramount doesn't renew the other licenses out there when they expire like happened with Netflix. Why wouldn't they? Why only Netflix.

It's like suddenly having to pay a single source to watch It's A Wonderful Life at Christmas every year. It's just un'merican!

If Paramount+ ends up hoarding all the Treks I am going to have to give them a hearty : P

I have the original series on dvd but I don't rly do dvd anymore. People like me in a circumstance like this are who digital dvd rips are made for... Where's my damn newsreader... No I don't do that anymore either.. but if I did I would feel totally justified to try and snag a digital copy of my Star Trek dvds right now.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 04:22:35 AM »
I was already annoyed at Paramount+/CBS.  I have a tendency to rewatch TOS, TNG, and DS9 from time to time.  It's probably just a matter of time before the other two disappear from Netflix.  Looks like they might still be available on Prime, though.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 07:59:51 PM »
Looks like they might still be available on Prime, though.

For how long, I wonder. Until license renewal time?
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 03:09:32 PM »
Ever since the Netflix thing, I mean like the very next day when I removed Paramount+ "Picks" from my favorites list,  Paramount+ is in like 2 out of 3 ads on Pluto (cbs). I am so sick of that Mark Wahlberg movie of theirs and I never even saw it.
Some Faves: