Author Topic: Adding categories to pages  (Read 2472 times)

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
Adding categories to pages
« on: November 08, 2020, 06:36:20 PM »
I have been a mild editor of different wikis for quite a few years, so it's a bit embarrassing that how to do something as simple as this eludes me.

I have been using the category page Contacts by Level, and have noticed that there are a handful of contacts not listed there. And I'm trying to find out how to add the categories to the correct pages. Could use some advice.
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Re: Adding categories to pages
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 12:03:51 AM »
The general way to add a category is to add the tag "[[Category:<Insert Category Here>]]" at the bottom of the page, but contacts are a little different because the categories are auto-generated by their {{Contact Overview}} template. It's possible some contacts have slipped through having those references added, or their level ranges don't match the bulk of the standard contacts present throughout the game.

Did you have a specific list of contacts in mind?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 07:26:16 PM »
Is it possible that this is the same issue we saw with power set pages that were correctly tagged for each archetype, but were not showing up on the AT powerset category pages?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 03:35:26 AM »
Dunno. That's why I was hoping for a few contacts to check it with.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 05:50:28 AM »
Hmm.  I do think I may have stumbled into something.

On the Contact Overview template, most of the switches referencing the "City" property include values of both "vh" and "hv".  However, the switch that determines the category for contacts by level only has a "vh" case and no "hv" case.   I went ahead and added that "hv" property to the switch for Contacts by Level.  That might make a difference on a few pages.

Looking at the page for The Pilgrim, I noticed there's no Contact by Level category at the bottom of the page, so I checked the Overview.  I notice in this case that there's no "Level" property in the call to Contact Overview.  I can't recall if we left that out intentionally for O-zone contacts, but any pages where that property is missing in the Contact Overview call would also be missing from the Contacts by Level categories.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov