Author Topic: Can you longer playback demo recordings?  (Read 12731 times)

Sonic Moonbeam

• Underling
Can you longer playback demo recordings?
« on: October 25, 2020, 07:20:32 PM »
Hi,folks! Returning player who just found out the game is back! wow!! This was a surprise and 1/2.

So, I was working on lots of video creations when the game went to sunset and I never got to finish them. I am now trying to finish those up and create
some new content but I could only find 1 demo editor (Balshor's maybe?) and got it up and running. Boy did I forget how to easily manipulate the data
but after looking at it for a bit it slowly started coming back.

Anyway, I took some demos in the game through the Tequila launcher. They are in my client demos folder where the game is stored. They won't play back, I
get a crash 1/2 way through it loading. I also get an issue where it says the program (Balshor's) is not compatible with windows 10. Okay, so I still have an old computer
lying around with windows XP, so I turned it on got the editor loaded but I had to take the demo on the Windows 10 computer and then try to play it on the XP computer
and it failed also. I've tried running both in compatability modes and tried both just using a copy of the .exe file with the -demorecord tag and nothing I do seems to work.

Can anyone shed any light on what system or setup you use to play back demos from 64bit Windows game version?

Thanks a bunch and hope to see in game!!!!
"Listen to my Light~~~~~~~"

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Can you longer playback demo recordings?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 08:16:01 PM »
you'd probably want to ask on the homecoming servers (assuming them since you said 64 bit version)