Author Topic: Neverwinter  (Read 35972 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Neverwinter
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2021, 08:43:24 PM »
That character creator/planner is pretty good... ^^ Its helped me make some significant improvements.

Now I need to find some good guide to keybinds... Neverwinter has the worst documented keybinds of any Cryptic game. I wouldn't want to play STO or CO or CoH without them but I can't figure out how to make 1 useful keybind in Neverwinter.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2021, 02:44:42 PM »
Well... I know this isn't the hottest spot in the world for Neverwinter stuff, but.... I feel compelled to mention this info in case it helps someone not miss out..

Remember those 100% off companions coupon they gave us awhile back after the latest... rework? Well, if you grabbed it you can use it right now to get some of the most uber comps in the game that are in a special limited time bundle that ends Thursday.

4 of the mythic comps you can choose 1 of (plus you can choose 2 legendary including alpha compy and tamed velociraptor btw..) have abilities no other comps have had until now. Most notable are probably the +bonus healing and +forte single stat augment comps. All 3 comps are accountwide reclaimable.

Just look in the Zen store for the Golden Companions bundle. I'm sure glad I got mine! Now I just have to choose the comps..

Never did find a good keybind guide btw! My first Cryptic game not filled with custom keybinds.. It can be so frustrating trying to put that new damn healer mark on someone in a pinch.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2021, 01:55:36 AM »
Oh lord...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11489273

Mod 21.

I don't like how they develop this game. I don't like how they developed Champions Online, either. Star Trek Online, now there's a good dev team. All three games are great Cryptic games but only one was blessed with a good dev team. Only one of them is evolving. The other two just... change.
Some Faves:

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2021, 12:36:22 PM »
I have to admit, that's pretty... um... original.  I've never seen a MMO drastically *drop* the level cap and entirely remove large swaths of the map. (Revamp, sure, but not "vault" like that)

I forget what level I even was when I stopped playing.

Edit: I was going to log in and check, but it told me the update would take three hours, so I just shut it off.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2021, 09:27:55 PM »
Dangit my mail program hasn't been showing me my Titan updates! So I missed your post until just now. I like it because it makes me feel less like it's just me..

Here's some very bland Preview Reviews picked by Perfect World today.. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11492373

All the time they keep saying 'to make Neverwinter more like real D&D' when they talk about quickly getting to level 20 instead of slogging to level 80.. (I've slogged many much sloggier slogs in other games..) "More like real D&D - More Streamlined" to loosely quote many posted statements on the subject.

Every time I read that I think to myself "have you ever levelled a character to 20 in Real D&D?" Have you? Haaaaaave you? No. You have not. If they had they would know there is nothing streamlined about levelling in real D&D unless things have drastically changed since I played (which is possible I guess..). I played on weekends for a couple/few years and never made it past like level 10-12.. 14 at best but I think it was closer to 10. I remember playing forever to get to like level 4 or 5. So I call BS on that whole 'more streamlined like Real D&D" stuff.

And all the zones going away... I still can't believe they already removed my favorite zone (for atmosphere) in the game. Sharandar.

Oh, and I just got all my tradeskills to 80. Guess what the new tradeskill cap is...? Same as the level cap..

Edit: I was going to log in and check, but it told me the update would take three hours, so I just shut it off.

And who are those 3 hours of updates for?

I mean, it's great that they're hard at work but who are they hard at work for? Have you ever, ever, ever, ever, Ever, Once, Ever, heard someone say "omg I love this new mod", ever. I mean, it's like they have an agenda for Neverwinter and are always working on it but who's driving it and where to? I only ever see complaints and people leaving after new mods. It's been that way since the first week I played Neverwinter and the mass exodus that was mod 16 had just happened. They definitely seem to have no concern whatsoever regarding their popularity when it comes to development. It feels like it's all about the New money to me. That could just be me straining to find the logic.

Some Faves: