Author Topic: Neverwinter  (Read 52624 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Neverwinter
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2020, 01:01:07 AM »
*ding 80* and ~ 15 minutes later... *ding 20k+ IL(Item Level)*...

*pow* *bam* I played him all the way up as a tank, only trying dps long enough to know that it's very satisfying and hard to not play. After swapping back and forth for awhile every time the Role Bonus for Tank would come and go in the Dungeon queues.. it was too confusing. I was using the same general powers but they worked different enough to be confusing and the main goal was to come out of this with a decent tank anyway.

Anyway woohoo. I'm already farming Vallenhas and ME. Minutes after dingation elation. Had to share. *Now* I know why I still play this game  : )
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2020, 05:25:14 PM »
Now I also know why I'm lagging so far behind the megastat people.. You really do have to know what to upgrade.. You not only need an augment companion but you need a gold one. You need gold Bonding Runestones for him and then you need Gold slot fillers in your gear.

So...much...cash...

I would say my stats are .... ~ half of what gold users report and I have about as good as gear on as you can get... without golding my toys or slot fillers.

But hey, look, we get a freebie today! Now I will have exactly 1 piece that is best of the best... what to choose:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11407883

Indoorapaloosa continues
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2020, 02:15:43 PM »
If you ever play this game you have to read this:
https://jannenw.info/pages/mechanics16/stats

Skip to the bottom if you want the bottom line.

It can be hard to know where to put your stats in the beginning. It seems super simple to me, now, but, when I first started playing I didn't know about Augment Companions or what the caps were or how they worked. I mean, for example, who knew what the opposing stats were. Or what they were even close to. How am I supposed to build a counterstat against a stat I have no idea about..

Anyway, yeah. I share the joy. It's amazing how many people spend so so many hours on getting gear with stats they don't really understand. Like I did  : ) More Power is not always the best solution - and that is all you will hear in chat is how much Power people have and how important it is to get more. Neither is going way over your cap on one stat at the expense of another. Item Level is not the ultimate thing to have, either. It's all about knowing stats and bonuses (special gear ability) and making them work for your build.

Who knows, Homecoming may have some server down time and you're bored  : ) That's what backup games are for.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2020, 02:23:00 PM »
OMG Patch Notes! We never get Patch Notes! It must be really, really important..

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11417473

Or legalistic..

~~~~~

btw I mentioned the STO Newb Event and I was wrong over there, Neverwinter's newb event still has a couple days left in it.

It's been a really great time to make a newb, but, what I wonder, is... if I make a newb today and continue to level it after the event do I still get the great event goodies as I level... I've still got at least 2 newbs I wanna make and I have their names picked out I just have to roll them up and lebel them.

*shrug*

So, there's that to consider about the event. I think you get the bag pretty early on (level 20? 30?) so I might just go for it for that alone.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 03:22:13 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2020, 02:08:06 PM »
I have finally deduced how to win NW. You need cash. Lots of cash. Be it virtual or real or both. And, you need to know every place to put it.

Now.. The things I have farmed, to wear, are superior/far superior to what can be bought. But. If I threw it all away and bought all my gear in the Auction House, along with what I can't currently afford, I would have total stats far superior to what I currently have (after 6 months since my first toon) without fighting a single mob or completing a single mish (I think I still have to fight mobs to get to level 80 but I don't have to level my companions - I can buy that).

NW thought of the day. No applause or criticism just an observation.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2020, 02:44:36 PM »
I have some nice nice gear, now, compared to before. I'm pretty happy with it overall. One of the things I like most about it, is: I picked it myself.

I'm used to seeing questions about how mechanics and gear procs work, and, 'where does that drop', but it has been unusual to see people dress other people so often in NW's endgame due to they asked for it.

What is the BIS...

First, why did we have to invent yet another term for Uberest, and second, usually there is no single BIS. Think for yourself. Dress yourself. And while you're at it, try coming up with your own build and try learning a dungeon without Youtube *nod* and maybe even try showing someone new how a dungeon works before auto-bailing because everything isn't cookie cuttery enough for you.

Every game has its thing. Its hard to take NW leetist attitude serious when you know someone else dressed the person in question and someone else gave them their build.

"Hey you kids, get off my lawn!"

hehe

grumpy grumble about nothing mode:/off

bye

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 02:56:16 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2020, 09:20:11 PM »
That was a good rant up there ^^.

I never saw so many "tell me what to wear - tell me who's build that someone else came up with should I use" questions before playing NW.. Then out comes the wallet and the copy and paste..

*leans back in rocking chair*

"back in the day we called that..."

nm  : )

Damn, what did I come here for.. Humm... Hey, my new main seems to be a Fighter. My main Alts seem to be Warlock and Rogue and I can't play my Rogue anymore until he's upgraded to a level I've gotten used to.

Fighters are super cool. (No one else plays them btw and ppl would probably tell you to play a Barbarian instead so fighters probably aren't (B..IS)) When playing dps they're kinda like what I remember Brutes being. They can build up damage and they can do respectable damage and they can tank, not great, but better than any other dps. They also make good actual tanks when in tank mode and I've played mine as a tank ~ as much as I have dps. I kinda prefer DPS, but, then again, sometimes it's nice to have the rules say it's actually good for me to step right in the middle of things, and, tanks and healers can make the queues pop a lot faster too.

Hell Pit is on. I couldn't participate when it came around last time due to my gear wasn't good enough to let me gain admittance. Now, lucky me, I get to sign away my soul. (can we get a new theme anytime soon NW..?) So far so good. I think we are only like midway through and it's supposed to get a lot harder, though (and it's a Solo Event). *shrug*. We'll see. I like the event so far due to the carnage factor. It's been reminiscent to CoH AE salvage farming which I enjoyed so much right up to the very last minute sales.

~~~~

HEY!

Now I remember what I came here for.. Console NW.. Console NW actually looks decent/really good.. I have succumbed to YouTube watching pressure due to lots of Fails and Rarely anyone wants to teach you anything in-game for queue content, and, due to a spare minute for nothing else here and there.. and.. the videos I like most so far (by far) are from a Console dude (The Assist Man). I think he possibly no longer plays, but, through his Console videos I see a NW that looks similarly fun to PC NW. I personally would not like to play Any MMO with a console but ppl do... Assist Man who taught me as much as anyone and who looks like he is having fun and is a pretty good player, does, and so does Thunder Glove, from here - so, yeah, check this game out if you have a Console, was what I originally came here for today..  : )
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 09:49:40 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2020, 09:01:25 PM »
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11440723

Whaaa?

It's another free goodie that's pretty good. 10 Genie Gifts - the gift, is, the Genie does Boon farming (ugh..) for you. I already picked up like 3+ easy boons while 2x legacy XP was(?) on, with GGs, and now they're giving me moar.

Anyway, yay. And if you were interested in that you might be interested in the Bel event going on in Vallenhas for an artifact perma-clicky that goes in your potion/clicky slots that gives decent buffs that get better as you refine it. I think the bugs are finally worked out of the event, too.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2020, 10:26:18 PM »
~~~~

I have no idea what this blank message was but it's here so I'm commenting that I have no idea how it got here. I thought I posted something about the Genies Gifts being an old giveaway that was still current and that they felt the need to re-advertise for some reason. Maybe I flubbed that post? I dunno.. *shrug*
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:35:25 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2020, 02:31:33 AM »
Soo, yeah. Even more goodies. New goodies. New free goodies. OK, actually, it's a box filled with your choice of a free goody if we're going to get technical..

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11446223

It's your choice of IL 1010 Companion Gear. Yum.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2020, 01:48:38 AM »
Moar moar moar free good stuff..

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11448863

20 companion upgrade tokens. Yum.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2020, 03:47:51 AM »
Why do I suddenly feel like I've been fattened up for the kill..

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11454283

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2020, 06:42:09 PM »
Oh joy, as if we hadn't spent enough time in hell, now they're telling us we're just on the first ring of 9..

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11455053

Honestly, I was tired of the hell theme after, oh, seeing it. On the first day of play. A year ago? That's where they keep sending us, though, because, ya know, when you want some get away from it all time, where would you rather go than hell.

Sharandar has some nice scenery.. I bet that was a more interesting zone to start the game with. Icewind Dale would be good this time of year.. Something imaginative that is interesting to explore could be entertaining..

Nupe, hell is the place to be. In Neverwinter we apparently choose to stay in hell.

Be prepared to drive an infernal war machine and face new foes as you conclude this fiendish storyline!

Well, there's hope..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WAITAMINUTE, wha....?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11455173

Pack becomes available Thursday, June 11 at 10am PT

Pack disappears Thursday, June 18 at 10am PT

You will be able to choose 1 Rank 15 Runestone from the following:
•Enigmatic Runestone
•Arcane Runestone
•Profane Runestone
•Empowered Runestone
•Serene Runestone
•Indomitable Runestone
•Recondite Runestone
•Bonding Runestone

Well, there's hell.... and then there's Heaven ^^

: )
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 06:55:02 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2020, 06:16:32 PM »
Neverwinter nerfs scare me. I got into the game right after Mod 16, which, I later found out was devastating in ways.  The guild I'm in seems like it used to be a lot more than it was. Nerfs got to me so much in Champions Online that I had to stop playing some years ago and I never came back. And now from reading the news that trickles out it looks like Cryptic is getting ready to lay the smackdown on NW again with mod 19.

Having said that....

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11455853

In this latest news snippet it looks like 2 of my 3 current mains are getting some luv.

Warlocks really need it. They have the tools, pretty much, but they don't have the MAG. Wimpy wimpy wimpy. Infernal Spheres has been seriously broken since (ever?) I started playing and I've commented on that here before I'm pretty sure. I tried so many times to put it in my rotation but it will bug out on me every... single.. time.. if I use it long enough. So, good, if they fix it or even better yet - fix it and improve it. I'll be happy to not have to continue to ignore that power. And yeah, more Mag... Plz...

Fighters get luv.. I've played the sh%t out of my Fighter lately. Usually as a tank in Trials (to get the queue to pop..) and dps in everything else. He works really well in both builds, but, yeah, I'm all for Fighter luv. What *I* <insert grain of salt here> think they ought to do to Fighters is, #1, increase their Agro potential. I go all agro and squeeze in as much deeps as I can and my agro sucks badly. I mean, I can grab it from teams a percentage of the time but not as reliably or often as I would like, at all. Fighter (tank duh) agro - #1 thing to fix. As for deeps... you know what? I am ok with Fighter deeps, except... recharge times. I'm throwing around At-Wills due to nothing else is ever up.. Fighter At-Wills are pretty good, so, that helps, but, I could do with a lil less BAM BAM BAM from my Heavy Slash while I wait for something else to pop.. Give me something else to do besides Bam Bam Wait plx. Maybe something like Rogues and Warlocks have to allow them to gain Combat Advantage, which, Fighters do not have at all. Otherwise, I like being a Fighter. It reminds me a little of Heavy Weapons in CoH due to it hits hard but takes forever to fire off its attacks - making it great for newbs and slow learners due to I have all that thinking time but can still make a big boom.

Now they just have to give Rogues some luv (decent aoe at-will?) and all my mains will get a boost but overall I'm already very happy with my Rogue and he's who I'm playing most again, lately. I even ponied up for some orange Artifact gear for him, finally, now that I can finally make a decent choice for it. Hopefully mod 19 won't make it insta-obsolete.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2020, 03:33:52 PM »
•The drop rate of the Battle Worn Metal Rod has been increased.

You had to know this was coming. Right? I surely haven't bothered farming it. I mean.. look at what you get for it and then look at the time ppl have been spending.. Really, I think people Rod farming just want Juma bags (and hey, maybe the rod drops) and now that everyone is puking from Jumas, we have also upgraded eeeeeveryone's gear for the next Mod.

It used to take a certain amount of effort to get Juma bags (when I got mine..) but, yeah, they are handed out like candy, now. It's good candy but I already had my fill so I've had no compelling reason to Rod farm.

Instead I levelled another 23k+ toon (allllmost 23k..). A WIZARD! Finally. I mean, if you're going to be serious about D&D deeps you have to at least give one a test drive, right? I like mine. He can't outdeeps my rogue (yet?) but he does pretty well already.

Well anyway, it took a 6 hour patch to do it, but, now, finally, maybe, we see Battle Worn Rods for everyone - to go along with all their new lvl 1200+ gear... that I had to run dang Sieges to get.. And now it drops like candy from Piñatas..

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2020, 04:15:39 PM »
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11469693

This update seems OK for my melee but not so great for my ranged and warlock (no more curse bite... and I think I lost a good aoe heal - but then again I had given up on a Warlock healer already, sooooo...) healer.. Have to check it out more, later. Fighters seem to have gotten the most luv out of my mains. Anyway, fingers crossed all my guys will still be fun(ner?).

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2020, 01:41:43 AM »
Well, so far after the update, my wizard seems ~ the same and so does my rogue (as arcanist and assassin, which wasn't what got most of the changes, but, that's what I usually play and I haven't gotten around to trying whisperknife or thaumaturge yet ). My Warlock does seem to have some more punch and options for playing dps (seems promising so far) - as a healer, I'm totally lost.

I was already pretty happy with my Fighter as dps so am looking forward to playing him in mod 19 due to Fighters look like they got (the biggest?) a good boost as dps. Where Fighters lack, to me, is as tank when getting agro and as a dps who can trigger Combat Advantage without special positioning.., which, I don't think they did anything with at all.

So far so good. My Warlock healer build was totally destroyed but it sucked anyway. I mean, I miss the stuff that went away (curse bite... near infinite heal swirlies to use with curse bite... and Warlock's Bargain which used to be good), but, I couldn't hardly play a healer good enough to warrant getting into queues with the old build. So. We'll see how things go when I get around to re-learning everything due to it has all pretty much gone away or changed a lot.

Meanwhile there is a new campaign and a new trial and new Avernus zones..
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2020, 01:04:20 AM »
If anyone does happen to need this info they can probably find it easily enough, themselves, but, I find the map of maps of Avernus (credits: Northside) handy enough that I'm gonna post it anyway..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A8ihWa9hg5rb5svBGT-ksqmQOxUA1pNt/view

That's a pretty long and anonymous looking link but it's from a well known source and is simply a .jpg
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2020, 08:47:37 PM »
Those maps (that drop from random mobs in the new zones) previously mentioned can, very rarely, when you can very rarely even get them - drop what are currently among the best endgame weapons in the entire game.

If you're not that lucky, as many aren't, the new campaign store for the new campaign (Fallen) sells a restorable relic that is a good start towards what are probably the 3rd best weapons in the game. I'm assuming Lion's Guard is still bis.. I've never gotten any and I don't remember the stats offhand..

So anyway, yeah. Alabaster and Burnished are soon to go the way of the dinosaur. It takes time and/or luck, but, the upgrades don't seem so hard to get so far unless you've just got your heart set on being lucky with maps and can't settle for the campaign store weapons.

It was sooooorta similar with Alabaster and Burnished. I had one toon that just could not get Alabaster to drop and so I said screw it and bought him burnished which is pretty much the same thing. Same situation with the two new weapon sets except in this case the weapon that relies on an upgradable drop (like Alabaster) is way more rare to drop for way more people and the easier to get weapon (like easy to buy Burnished) has a mostly crappy set bonus instead of both previous weapon set bonuses being more similar.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2020, 09:02:41 PM »
OMG Neverwinter in-game mail SUCKS. I've been trying to send an attachment for the past 30 minutes in reply to a message I got. It won't go unless I don't add any text (say what the hell I'm sending..)..

HUMPH.

Ah.

Feel better..

It still sucks  : p

Similarly to Map Farming.
Some Faves: