Author Topic: Controller keymapping?  (Read 1736 times)

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
Controller keymapping?
« on: June 08, 2019, 11:26:46 PM »
Has anyone successfully matched a controller to CoX - specifically, a DS4 running through DS4Windows? Between keybinds, the game's somewhat wonky controller key/control names and the configurability of DS4W, it seems like it should be doable. I got the left joystick mapped to motion okay, but could not find any combo that would map (lookaround) to the right joystick.

Ideas? Solution somewhere?

Yeah, CoX is probably the last WASD game I will ever play, and it's good at that, but I'd love to Control my alts...
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
Re: Controller keymapping?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 07:35:10 PM »
Got a long ways on this by loading a "map all keys" set that just speaketh the name of the controller button pressed. (Load/clear files on request.)

(Of course, despite meticulous care in setting this to the Local channel and retreating to my base lair... my first 20 key presses spammed the Help channel. I will never be able to show my face there again...)

Absolutely nothing in game settings or DS4W configuration will make the right joystick work, although oddly enough the stick-click does. Working out a combo of tilt-mouse and symbol keys, along with game settings, for mouselook.

And damn, I thought there was a bind to assign Select, but it's left mouse button or nothin'. This game just don't like controllers for its Controllers, despite something like fifty button definitions.
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
Re: Controller keymapping?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 08:54:29 PM »
Controller mapping file set is up on the site.

Getting there with a useful setup.