Author Topic: Extended mouse button bind options  (Read 3077 times)

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
Extended mouse button bind options
« on: June 05, 2019, 08:41:02 PM »
In exploring the base edit key functions and binds, I stumbled on to some info about mouse button binds that doesn't appear to be widely known. (A quick browse through wikis and guides didn't turn any of it up, and I certainly didn't know it before now...

The short version is that ALL of these are legitimate bindkey options:
LBUTTON
LEFTCLICK
RBUTTON
RIGHTCLICK
MBUTTON
MOUSECHORD
MOUSEWHEEL
BUTTON4
BUTTON5
LEFTDOUBLECLICK
RIGHTDOUBLECLICK
LEFTDRAG
RIGHTDRAG

Some are well-known, but double-click and drag, and the LEFTCLICK and RIGHTCLICK keywords are new to me. I am not yet sure if the latter are just synonyms for LBUTTON and RBUTTON, or if equivalents exist for BUTTON4 and BUTTON5... stay tuned.

But those motion actions are very useful. I've always used CTRL+LBUTTON for Teleport, and many players use something similar... but give DOUBLECLICKLEFT a whirl. Much faster and one-handed.

Even DRAG has a use - LEFTDRAG can be used to "scratch" a target spot and activate a pointed power like TP, pet spawn, AOE attacks and buffs...

All in the Guide in more detail, and I'm off to do some in-game testing. :)

ETA: Yes, LEFTCLICK is a synonym for LBUTTON and overwrites it in default loading order. Ditto for the R buttons.

It's not a good idea to overwrite either LBUTTON by itself (select), or RIGHTDRAG (camlook).

Only the left button has instant-activation. If you bind Teleport, it will call the power and targeting circle but still require a left-click to activate. Ditto for LEFTDRAG - no activation.

But DAYYYUM is left-doubleclick for TP and Ctrl-left-doubleclick for Recall Friend slick. As is left-doubleclick for first pets, Ctrl+left-doubleclick for second pets, etc. awfully smooth stuff.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:19:03 PM by Shenanigunner »
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
Re: Extended mouse button bind options
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 12:11:41 AM »
In exploring the base edit key functions and binds...

You know sleep and caffeine OD are things right? ;)
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 05:08:05 PM »
I have time on my hands, and like Crewman Number Six, "I'm just happy to be here, man."
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 05:30:07 PM »
I have time on my hands, and like Crewman Number Six, "I'm just happy to be here, man."

Guy, Guy, maybe you're the plucky comic relief. You ever think about that?
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 11:11:28 PM »
Guy, Guy, maybe you're the plucky comic relief. You ever think about that?

Na, that's usually me. Shenan is more like a room full of creative minds trapped in one body only without the multiple personality disorder to accompany it. :p
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 08:10:52 PM »
Thanks, we appreciate it.

I should just start one thread of cool finds of the day. Today's:

/showtime 1 displays a game-day clock that goes from 00.00 to 24.00 in decimal hours. A side note that "timescale" is 48 means every game day is 30 RW minutes. Waiting for night to hunt BP or CoT? Check the time in your zone!