Author Topic: Base teleport portals  (Read 2789 times)

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
Base teleport portals
« on: May 31, 2019, 06:04:09 PM »
Is there any point in having both red and blue teleport beacons in one base? That is, is there any combination of alts, alignment changes, etc. that would let SG members use both at any time?

I know Praetoria beacons (all two and a half... :P) are good to have because reds and blues can go there at 20. And Pocket D, of course.
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
Re: Base teleport portals
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 06:25:04 PM »
I gleefully found out that you can coalition with Red/Blue (don't think gold can make SG/VGs), so yes, it's helpful if you wish to share with others. Granted, now a days with no rent payments it's kind of silly, but heh.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 07:07:38 PM »
Okay, worth throwing those transporters back in (I laboriously built them, then figured out it might be a useless feature).

The in-base teleporters are weird. Maybe I'll isolate my Power and Mainframe rooms using them, just for the 'ellovit.
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 02:31:55 AM »
Vigilantes and Rogues can go anywhere, so they can use teleport beacons to both sides.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 07:51:05 PM »
Base has a full complement of portals. Fun.

Gahd, it was easy enough to get lost in base building when it cost something... :roll:

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 11:18:11 PM »
And while we're here... do worktables no longer function in bases? I have every type of crafting bench working there, but the worktables remain inert. Were they replaced by the invention bench?

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 12:25:33 AM »
And while we're here... do worktables no longer function in bases? I have every type of crafting bench working there, but the worktables remain inert. Were they replaced by the invention bench?

THAT'S what they're called!!! I kept mentioning this on HC and nobody knew what I was talking about. Yeah, they're not even clickable. They were working pre-sunset, but for some reason not now. I don't remember what they were used for (they're really old tech), so I'd guess they were disabled due to being a legacy thing. (?)
Find me on Homecoming:

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 04:56:24 AM »
THAT'S what they're called!!! I kept mentioning this on HC and nobody knew what I was talking about. Yeah, they're not even clickable. They were working pre-sunset, but for some reason not now. I don't remember what they were used for (they're really old tech), so I'd guess they were disabled due to being a legacy thing. (?)

I remember in Issue 13, they deprecated Base Salvage, and used Invention Salvage only going forward.  The tables were used to craft base items with Invention Salvage instead.  With the base editor in Homecoming not needing Influence or salvage to craft items, they're just for looks now, same as in Paragon Chat.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 06:24:46 PM »
Well, then. Anyone want to buy a full set of worktables, zero miles, like new? :D

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 12:09:04 AM »
I remember in Issue 13, they deprecated Base Salvage, and used Invention Salvage only going forward.  The tables were used to craft base items with Invention Salvage instead.  With the base editor in Homecoming not needing Influence or salvage to craft items, they're just for looks now, same as in Paragon Chat.

BINGO! That's what it was! Man, that saves some space in the bases, but I REALLY don't want to move things. >.<
Find me on Homecoming: