Author Topic: Having Issues W/ Toggle Binds  (Read 2018 times)

Corona89

• Minion
Having Issues W/ Toggle Binds
« on: May 15, 2019, 04:43:14 PM »
Been trying to revive some of my old Kheld binds but they don't seem to be working properly and I'm not sure why.  More specifically, I'm trying to set something up that will deactivate my forms and execute another power.

Example1: "powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$powexec_toggleon Combat Flight"

Pretty self-explanatory.  Turn off Nova and turn on Combat Flight so I don't drop out of the air mid-fight.

Example2: "powexec_toggleoff White Dwarf$$powexec_name Reform Essense"

Similar deal.  Turn off White Dwarf and pop the heal.  The binds work in the sense that they'll cancel whatever form I'm in.  The problem is that's all they do.  The second command never goes off.  Anybody have an idea as to what I'm getting wrong?

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
Re: Having Issues W/ Toggle Binds
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 04:51:38 PM »
What tolerance the bind system had for serial powers seems to have gone away. I have several bindfiles from the day that did things like toggle on all three shields with one key, and they worked fine.

For whatever reason, any power with an activation time - which is nearly all shields, debuffs etc. - now blocks any others in the string. I can still turn on my tank's shields with one key, but I have to press it three times.

Powers with no activation time still seem to work fine. The "Shields off" button cancels all three with one press.

It's possible the new powexec_location command holds possibilities for chained powers. I'm still experimenting. (See the current "slash commands" thread for the use notes, or the updated Tech Guide, link in the same thread.)
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 06:39:17 PM »
Been trying to revive some of my old Kheld binds but they don't seem to be working properly and I'm not sure why.  More specifically, I'm trying to set something up that will deactivate my forms and execute another power.

Example1: "powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$powexec_toggleon Combat Flight"

Pretty self-explanatory.  Turn off Nova and turn on Combat Flight so I don't drop out of the air mid-fight.

Example2: "powexec_toggleoff White Dwarf$$powexec_name Reform Essense"

Similar deal.  Turn off White Dwarf and pop the heal.  The binds work in the sense that they'll cancel whatever form I'm in.  The problem is that's all they do.  The second command never goes off.  Anybody have an idea as to what I'm getting wrong?

I remember those from before. I used to have the same - fire off two powers in a row with one bind.  I haven't remade any Kheldans yet to try it out.
Guess something got changed

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 12:32:38 AM »
Worth noting (if I recall correctly):

1) Powers in a chain are executed in the order opposite what you would expect.  The last one is executed first.  So in your first example, if you're in Nova form, it'll try to toggle on Combat Flight first, but won't be able to because you're still in Nova form.  Then it'll turn off Nova.

2) Multiple powers can be deactivated in a single press, but only one power at a time can be activated in a single press.  And the bind will halt on the first power it activates.  If you're activating three toggles with the same bind, it'll take three presses to activate them all.

Examples:
Code: [Select]
NUMPAD1 "powexectoggleoff Black Dwarf$$powexectoggleoff Dark Nova$$gototray 1$$bind SHIFT+LBUTTON powexecname Shadow Step$$powexectoggleon Twilight Shield$$powexectoggleon Penumbral Shield$$powexectoggleon Gravity Shield$$powexectoggleon Shadow Cloak"
NUMPAD2 "powexectoggleon Dark Nova$$gototray 5"
NUMPAD3 "powexectoggleon Black Dwarf$$gototray 6$$bind SHIFT+LBUTTON powexecname Black Dwarf Step"

When I want to change to human form, I mash NUMPAD1 until all of my toggles are turned on.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov