Author Topic: Slash command information - want list!  (Read 4365 times)

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
Slash command information - want list!
« on: May 13, 2019, 11:17:33 PM »
Hey, all. In updating and proofing the Technical Guide (which you can get here), I find I still have a list of slash commands and emotes for which info is incomplete.

I've left out the many new commands that seem to relate to advanced graphics and SLI control - a primer on those would be appreciated.

So, if you know the secrets of any of these, please pass along the info!

No information on function
/chan_timeout
/clear_attribute_view
/comment and /getcomment
/contextmenu
/cov
/editbase
/emailheaders
/mailview
/popmenu
/powexec_server_slot
/sgraid_window
/uiskin

Arguments/use unknown
/coalition_mintalkrank
/coalition_sg_mintalkrank
/macro_image
/pet_select
/powerexec_location
/team_task

Emotes with unknown slash codes
All of these are in the Quickchat select list but no corresponding /emote code is known
Center Stance
Neutral Stance
Hold Bat

Window names with unknown function
razertray
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
Re: Slash command information - want list!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 11:51:03 PM »
Pretty sure a lot of this is listed somewhere in the way back forums. I know I've read them before.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 01:34:21 AM »
I collected info regularly back in the Live days and never found some of these - almost all are new with I14 and thus there wasn't much time to have the info float to the top.

I've skimmed the current forums and wikis and most are barely beginning to be updated.

I'll certainly keep up my own search, but if anyone knows, or knows of a source for any of these, it would be appreciated!
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

Korbian

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 01:42:12 AM »
I see a lot of these covered here: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/List_of_Slash_Commands

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 02:25:04 AM »
I see a lot of these covered here: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/List_of_Slash_Commands
Well, yeah. About 90% of what's out there, old and new, is lists of stuff. That list can be generated with a slash command from within the game. Sometimes the accompanying five-word or one-sentence description is all that's needed. For the commands listed above, the one sentence doesn't begin to explain the arguments and use.

powexec_location, for example. Takes two args. One is a power name. No clue what the other might be - certainly some kind of location ID, but is it coordinates? A place name? A place type name?

Korbian

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 03:38:18 AM »
Yes, but for the ones you can click on, popmenu, for example, there are pages that elaborate.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Popmenu_(Slash_Command)

I did find this in the i25 patch notes:

Powexec_Location:
Added /powexec_location, a client-side slash command to allow use of location targeted powers without having to click.
Usage: /powexec_location loc power
loc is a location specifier. There's several different things you can use here:
me or self - Both target the power on yourself.
target - Your currently selected target. If you have no target, the power is not activated.
direction:distance - direction can either be one of six cardinal directions relative to the player: forward, back, left, right, up, down, -or- it can be a number. If it's a number, it is taken as an angle in degrees. 0 is straight in front of you, 90 is right, etc. It can also be camera, to indicate the direction the camera is facing, including elevation.
distance is either a number in world units (feet), or the keyword max, which means to use the maximum range of the power.
power is the name of the power, just like what you'd use with /powexec_name. You can put quotes around the name to make it look cleaner if you want, but they are optional.

Useful examples:
/powexec_location me Fire Imps
/powexec_location target Tar Patch
/powexec_location camera:max Teleport
Redirector powers will no longer accidentally be flagged as NearGround.

Not sure if any of the others are covered.

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 04:38:03 AM »
Very useful. Thanks - I will have to look closer at that list.

ETA: I didn't realize how much was buried in that page as links. My bad. :P

Korbian

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 12:36:21 PM »
You're welcome.  It's not all of them but every little bit helps, I imagine. :)

Oh, and your emotes...
Center Stance:  /e idle1
Neutral Stance:  /e idle2
Hold Bat:  /e batlookout

(They are in the quickchat menu for Paragon Chat, and tested on live servers by yours truly.)

PhiloticKnight

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 01:26:39 PM »
I'd suggest moving your guide over to the ParagonWiki, where everyone can find it. There's a Player Guide section there.

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 03:53:57 PM »
You're welcome.  It's not all of them but every little bit helps, I imagine. :)
No, quite a few of the newer commands are missing, but most of those are intuitive enough, or have an adequate description, that it's not a problem.

Oh, and your emotes...
Cool. Thanks!

I do have a terrible compleatist streak. :)

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 03:55:25 PM »
I'd suggest moving your guide over to the ParagonWiki, where everyone can find it. There's a Player Guide section there.
Well, yes, but a 75-page book doesn't really fit into a wiki - and if I did adapt it to a page tree, it would become a real chore to keep updated.

The web link opens in seconds and can be downloaded; I don't know how better to present the info other than publishing it with Kindle. :)

chigiabelo

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 05:42:11 PM »
I tried that \editbase and now my character is stuck falling in limbo in Brickstown. I can mapmove to other zones but whenever I go back to Bricks, even when entering from Crey's Folly, I'm falling through the world with npcs moving around me, doors but no buildings

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 09:52:44 PM »
I tried that \editbase and now my character is stuck falling in limbo in Brickstown. I can mapmove to other zones but whenever I go back to Bricks, even when entering from Crey's Folly, I'm falling through the world with npcs moving around me, doors but no buildings

You'd need to talk to a GM on your server about that.  Sounds like a bug.

Concerning game support, a gentle reminder about ourselves.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 10:15:39 PM »
Urgh. That's nasty. I am pretty sure I've entered it - as I have with all the commands, trying to parse out usage and arguments - without ill effects. But a warning might be in order. I know a few of the graphics control commands can cause weird results, but are usually cancelable or undoable.

ETA: Do you mean \editbase? Or do both forms of the command work? I would rather not test this... :p

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 02:50:51 AM »
Everything checks out - although I was briefly fooled by the idle1 emote as it's the default pose... so unless you switch from another pose or emote, it doesn't appear to work. :)

There's some power in that powexec_location command, though. I've just started experimenting with it, but here's a way-cool bind for teleporters:
  • /bind U "powexec_location up:max Teleport"
Whack U, and you teleport up to max range. Emergency escape, amuse your friends, scare birds. :)

chigiabelo

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 02:59:11 AM »
I was doing this on my own server, so I flagged the character as corrupted and rebooted the server. During startup, I think the server fixed it.

Phocks

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 10:39:12 PM »
iirc, /cov basically enabled a certain amount of City of Villains privileges on your account when it was still in testing and considered a separate license/game. For a hot second on live servers, you could use the command to unlock all the costume parts that were baseline in CoV's character creator before the game was actually out, so you had heroes running around in skull and spikes outfits in Atlas Park. It got fixed pretty quickly, though.

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 10:55:19 PM »
Yeah, I've pretty much confirmed /cov is obsolete, but it's still accepted without an error message.

Quite a few of those commands have absolutely no info/documentation beyond the one-sentence description. I don't know if anyone outside of the original devs knows what they do or how.

Korbian

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 07:51:12 PM »
I bet Codewalker knows.  He's just busy.  :P