Author Topic: Senticon erroring out recovering a bunch of costumes  (Read 2124 times)

Mu0nNeutrino

• Underling
Senticon erroring out recovering a bunch of costumes
« on: May 01, 2019, 12:22:54 AM »
So I've been trying to recover the costumes from a bunch of character files that I exported with sentinel just before the game went down. However, for some reason senticon is reporting errors for a large number of them, including some cases where one of a character's costumes can be recovered and another can't. I haven't touched these files since the shutdown, and all of the costumes were current as of that point, so I'm a bit confused since they all ought to be valid costumes.

Below is a pastebin link of the costume section of two of the files. If the two snippets are saved as individual .xml files and senticon run on them, for the first one it successfully exports the first two costumes and errors on the third, while for the second one it errors on all three. (This is the same behavior as when run on the original full .xml files, I'm just extracting the relevant costume information for brevity.)

Pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/WXRaX6K7

Does anyone know why this is happening? I'm assuming it's choking on some costume part(s), but I'm at a loss as to understand why given that there's nothing nonstandard about these costumes. I'd really like to recover these costumes, or at least as much of them as possible - if senticon can't recover the entire costume, is there a way to get it to export as much as it *can* recover (i.e. just leaving as default whatever it's choking on)?

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Senticon erroring out recovering a bunch of costumes
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 01:35:55 AM »
Senticon is known to have a logic fault somewhere in it that has a disturbingly high failure rate. For that reason, and in light of recent events, a new alternative is in the works that will make costume conversions a lot more accessible to everyone.

The discussion is ongoing here: #11121 Senticon Output Failure

Mu0nNeutrino

• Underling
Re: Senticon erroring out recovering a bunch of costumes
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 01:47:00 AM »
Awesome, thanks. I will simply wait for the updated version then; I don't need these costumes right away anyway.