Author Topic: Avengers: Endgame  (Read 17275 times)

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
Avengers: Endgame
« on: April 27, 2019, 11:43:18 PM »
OMG! This movie is a MASTERPIECE!!!! I was bawling my eyes out at the end of the movie!!! GO SEE IT AND BRING SOME TISSUES!!!!

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Re: Avengers: Endgame
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 04:50:11 PM »
Saddest thing: I truly don't think there will ever be another movie that comes near it.

I don't think I ever cried and laughed as much as this movie, and about things I never thought I would cry and laugh about. DC should just give up now.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 05:58:34 PM »
Officially, biggest opening of all time.  $1.2 Billion worldwide, largest domestic opening in history.  By the end of today, it'll hit the Top 10 movies of all time if it goes past $1.3 Billion to overtake Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 06:46:36 PM »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 01:18:55 AM »
I liked most of it but it felt like a cool action movie bookended by something peter jackson edited. i think they were just trying to see if they could hit 3 hours and get away with it.

Eiko-chan

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 01:29:04 AM »
My theatre did not laugh when Thor proclaimed "I knew it!", nor did they cheer at the event that prompted the line, and this was extremely disappointing to me.

But that scene happened, so that made it an overall enjoyable experience.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 06:51:03 AM »
My theatre did not laugh when Thor proclaimed "I knew it!", nor did they cheer at the event that prompted the line, and this was extremely disappointing to me.

I had a theatre full of Normies who didn't see it coming, they went dead silent for that moment followed by some one nearbye me whispering to someone

"Holy S-word, that -insert terrible word that begins with N that a particular song community that has adopted the use of- be worthy."

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 03:29:29 PM »

My theatre laughed for that...

...and when
Spoiler for Hidden:
Widow
died.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 07:04:16 PM »
A quickie question - hopefully not to many spoilers.,

I have not seen it yet but know the gist of it.

Where do you think they will go for the next phase?

I know we got Spider-Man, Black Widow, Eternals and a few other sequels with people that made it out alive.

Of course this leaves room for merging the FF and X-Men back into the MCU.

And if we get an FF and Evans is looking for work again, I heard he makes a pretty good Human Torch...

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 11:42:06 PM »
Evans has stated (going back a few years now) that he wants to shift his focus to directing.

I think it would be really interesting to see him directing an MCU film, but he's going to need more than director one credit to his name.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2019, 12:57:51 AM »
Evans has stated (going back a few years now) that he wants to shift his focus to directing.

I think it would be really interesting to see him directing an MCU film, but he's going to need more than director one credit to his name.

Well you have to start someplace. Maybe his experiences being in many MCU films would give him an edge.

Many Star Trek actors that went on to full time directors started by directing Trek episodes first.

Sad to see him go. He WAS Captain America to me. But then again there have been about 17 Caps in the comics so .....

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 03:11:28 AM »
Endgame is the very definition of a non-repeatable event.

I wonder how many fans will use this as a jumping off point?

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 11:35:10 AM »

If they are smart, before they start "Phase 4" they will have a Phase 3.5 that resets the "Cosmic" scale of the conflicts and returns things back down to where they were in Phase 1. They just had the culmination of a decade of build up and aren't going to top that in Avengers 5. If they are smart they will keep Captain marvel out of it (because she is over powered against anything that isn't Cosmic Scale) and like have The Avengers fight against Doctor Doom in a conflict that in universe lasts half a day at most, like.

Doom shows up in New York, Beats up Spiderman and Strange..then they have to get Sam and Black panther to help, Legion of Doom Bots, Doom vs Strange in a magic Duel.

then once people have gotten hungry for a new "Infinity War" level story line.

Spoiler for Hidden:
You start building to Galacticus, because he has the perfect excuse for showing up because Thanos destroyed the Infinity Stone and threw the universe out of balance.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2019, 12:52:10 PM »
If they are smart they will keep Captain marvel out of it (because she is over powered against anything that isn't Cosmic Scale)

Spoiler for Hidden:
except large numbers of ground troops. How will this woman who just flew through a giant space battleship ever get past these ground troops? It can't be done without help!

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2019, 02:18:45 PM »
Endgame is the very definition of a non-repeatable event.

I wonder how many fans will use this as a jumping off point?
It's definitely non-repeatable, but there are other Marvel cosmic threats to use.
  • Bring the Kree/Skrull War to Earth with Ronan, Super-Skrull, and friends
  • Celestials, Eternals, and Deviants
  • Elders of the Universe
  • Galactus and Surfer (maybe other Heralds)
  • Annihilation
  • AvX? CM vs Phoenix? Or Onslaught?
  • Korvac

It'll be a while before any former Fox things get brought into the MCU, if ever.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2019, 01:17:25 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
except large numbers of ground troops. How will this woman who just flew through a giant space battleship ever get past these ground troops? It can't be done without help!

Spoiler for Hidden:
Help that Vanishes one frame after they have their avengers "YOU GO GIRLS" pose shot?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 01:29:54 AM »
thankfully yes, cuz otherwise i wouldn't be able to get that on a shirt

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2019, 01:55:42 AM »
A quickie question - hopefully not to many spoilers.,

I have not seen it yet but know the gist of it.

I know we got Spider-Man, Black Widow, Eternals and a few other sequels with people that made it out alive.

Of course this leaves room for merging the FF and X-Men back into the MCU.

And if we get an FF and Evans is looking for work again, I heard he makes a pretty good Human Torch...

I suspect they will go in directions most people aren't really expecting, and I believe Feige has demonstrated he has the patience to set up the long game over a very long period of time.  We've been calling these movies "phase one" and "phase two" but really they are all one big ten year story: the Infinity Saga.  I expect to see less "phase four, phase five" distinctions (even if they call them that) and instead I think they will be constructing another ten year long mega story that we aren't even going to see the full extent of in phase four.

Here's an idea.  I'm not saying this will happen, but it could happen, and it is mostly to suggest just how much room Marvel has to go in any direction they want.  Endgame sets up the Marvel multiverse.  We know there are alternate realities and alternate timelines, and we have hints that some of those are or become different universes, and some diverge and then collapse back.  Some are created and then destroyed.  Suppose there's a scientist in an alternate reality, and he discovers his reality is actually just a splinter universe from the MCU, and it will collapse and disintegrate.  So he decides he's going to try to escape that universe and enter the main one.  But when his ship escapes the end of his universe and he makes it into the MCU cosmology, he's altered by the process and becomes an MCU celestial being, like Ego.  Except this celestial being has a cosmic hunger, and a need to feed on the cosmic energy of the universe. 

Fortunately, the MCU is filled with the energy released from the Infinity Stones, and he can consume that energy on every world where it has collected.  Thus he becomes a world-destroying threat that attracts the attention of Captain Marvel, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and Thor: the space faring Avengers.  But eventually, he seeks the source of that energy and creates a herald who can search the cosmos for the strongest source of that energy, which happens to be the last world where the Infinity Stones were used.

There's easily ten years of material in there, and the new threat wouldn't just appear, it would be referenced and hinted at, then start affecting the MCU, then finally become an existential threat.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2019, 02:03:06 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Comic book logic of course, but to be fair:

Spoiler for Hidden:
The problem wasn't flying through the ground troops, it was delivering the Stark Infinity Gauntlet intact.  Think of a football linebacker trying to force his way through a crowd while cradling an egg.  We see the infinity stones aren't impossible to remove - Thanos uses the space stone against Danvers - so having help clearing a path through the crowd wasn't completely without purpose.  Those troops might not have been able to stop her, but they could have jarred the gauntlet out of her hands or even just knocked a single stone off of it.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2019, 02:11:41 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
well she could just fly over them, cuz, y'know, ground troops.
but sure why not.

Can we hope that your reappearance comes with new power numbers? :P