Author Topic: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release  (Read 271083 times)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release
« Reply #1460 on: April 28, 2019, 12:38:06 AM »
There are 3000 people in the queues right now waiting to play.  Why was this game shut down again?

Surelle

« Reply #1461 on: April 28, 2019, 12:39:18 AM »
So, even with both Torchbearer and Excelsior, and over 4000 concurrent players being on (per server?), there's now a 2900+ person queue to get on as of 8:30pm tonight EST?  Wow!  I'm already on.  I had no idea.

I sure hope TonyV is able to get something official going with NCsoft soon, instead of it being "slow as molasses communication which turns into 'forever for nothing' " like usual.

I mean, the poor people donating all their time for free and paying thousands of dollars to run these rogue servers can't hold out forever!  They will need to set up donations soon. 

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #1462 on: April 28, 2019, 01:12:09 AM »
Oh, gosh I remember how to get flight right out of the tutorial from live.  I could do it in my sleep.

Tram to Talos.  Jump in the water and swim to the ferry.

Ferry to PI.  Jump in the water and swim to just opposite Portal Corps.

Run up the bluffs, it's easy to avoid the couple of DE, down to the roof of Portal Corps, then to the building that has the Shadow Shard Portal in it.

Go to the Shadow Shard.  Find the jetpack vendor.  Pay 5000 inf.  You now have a 2 hour infinitely renewable flight power.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #1463 on: April 28, 2019, 01:31:03 AM »
Oh, gosh I remember how to get flight right out of the tutorial from live.  I could do it in my sleep.

Tram to Talos.  Jump in the water and swim to the ferry.

Ferry to PI.  Jump in the water and swim to just opposite Portal Corps.

Run up the bluffs, it's easy to avoid the couple of DE, down to the roof of Portal Corps, then to the building that has the Shadow Shard Portal in it.

Go to the Shadow Shard.  Find the jetpack vendor.  Pay 5000 inf.  You now have a 2 hour infinitely renewable flight power.

I sure hope you're joking.   If you are not: Ignore character concept and go through a host of game machinations to get a temporary power I envision for my character from the beginning?   And which character has 5000 INF at the start?  Why not have some vendor selling such items in AP?   

For everyone: The P2W vendor has an unfortunate title so instead of whining about allowing newbs and oldies to buy what used to be veteran powers, there are no veterans with a new server, suggest some names for that vendor.  Some of those items cost a bit of influence, more than I'll earn any time soon.

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #1464 on: April 28, 2019, 01:31:46 AM »
Because 5000 people is really not a lot in the MMO world.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1465 on: April 28, 2019, 01:38:01 AM »
It went Free-to-Play because it's been found that the people who will pay $1000/month more than make up for the people who only pay $0-$10/month.
Also,  worthwhile to have a bunch of free 2 players if it means the subbers and the 1000/ month players will stick around and continue paying (because they will have people to play with!)
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1466 on: April 28, 2019, 01:44:20 AM »
I sure hope you're joking.   If you are not: Ignore character concept and go through a host of game machinations to get a temporary power I envision for my character from the beginning?   And which character has 5000 INF at the start?  Why not have some vendor selling such items in AP?   

After wentworths arrived, I hope anyone creating a new character (after their first) spent a bit of time buying cheap enhancements, recipes and temporary powers to sell to the vendors.  Make your first 100k in about an hour.....
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1467 on: April 28, 2019, 03:27:57 AM »
Anyone noticed if the raptor pack vendor is in the shard on the new servers? I started villain and the grandville one was missing. Didn't want to go through what VV described on my hero to find the blue one missing too so i just ninja ran til i could do the atlas bank.

Surelle

« Reply #1468 on: April 28, 2019, 03:36:49 AM »

It's 5,000 in queue (ballpark) while over 4000 on.  Plus, most people A.) Don't even know it's up after being dead for 7 years to 99% of past CoX players, and B.) even if they do know, won't play on a private server.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #1469 on: April 28, 2019, 03:56:29 AM »
If these notes are true for the endgame, then what's in it isn't enough for me to understand it. I.E., it doesn't explain how to get the badges you need to level past 50.                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Like I wrote, from what I have done they are very accurate. I never made a l50 yet, sorry.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Adam Infinity

• Underling
« Reply #1470 on: April 28, 2019, 05:09:47 AM »
Any documentation helps, so thank you for posting it. I'm using Pines Hero Builder, even though I'm hearing the numbers are off. Very grateful, even if I don't always seem like it.

Does anybody have a macro guide for things like locating glowies or targeting bosses?

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #1471 on: April 28, 2019, 08:41:28 AM »
CoX had been F2P for several years before it got shut down,
It only went F2P with Issue 21, which was one year and two months before the shutdown. :)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1472 on: April 28, 2019, 01:59:53 PM »
If these notes are true for the endgame, then what's in it isn't enough for me to understand it. I.E., it doesn't explain how to get the badges you need to level past 50.                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Someone was just saying in the discord once you hit 50, you keep leveling.  You just don't receive levels anymore.  So you will get rezzed from it like when you would level, as well as the Full Inspiration you get.  But you don't actually level past 50.  AFAIK no badge is needed - you just naturally do it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 02:15:09 PM by Taceus Jiwede »

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1473 on: April 28, 2019, 02:18:24 PM »

7000-8000 players (The amount trying to connect yesterday) is not a ton in the MMO world that is true.  But when you hear WoW has 10 million subs they are spread out across all their servers.  I assume WoW servers have more than 7000 players on the busy servers.  But most MMO's don't have 7000-8000 on a single server at a time (or in this case 2 servers).  The last MMO's I played were EQ TLP's.  Both Coirnav and Mangler had decent populations.  Maybe 3-4k at the peak?  I also just came from playing some Legends of Aria and that had maybe.... 100? 200?  So right now 7-8k feels like a TON haha.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1474 on: April 28, 2019, 04:51:29 PM »
There are 3000 people in the queues right now waiting to play.  Why was this game shut down again?

'I don't know, T.C.'  Brains from Top Cast.

Azrael.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1475 on: April 28, 2019, 04:53:25 PM »

Those are the ones 'in the know.'

Wait until the mainstream CoH base twigs.

*Currently queuing.

Azrael.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1476 on: April 28, 2019, 04:54:26 PM »
It's 5,000 in queue (ballpark) while over 4000 on.  Plus, most people A.) Don't even know it's up after being dead for 7 years to 99% of past CoX players, and B.) even if they do know, won't play on a private server.

Aye.

Azrael.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1477 on: April 28, 2019, 04:57:15 PM »
7000-8000 players (The amount trying to connect yesterday) is not a ton in the MMO world that is true.  But when you hear WoW has 10 million subs they are spread out across all their servers.  I assume WoW servers have more than 7000 players on the busy servers.  But most MMO's don't have 7000-8000 on a single server at a time (or in this case 2 servers).  The last MMO's I played were EQ TLP's.  Both Coirnav and Mangler had decent populations.  Maybe 3-4k at the peak?  I also just came from playing some Legends of Aria and that had maybe.... 100? 200?  So right now 7-8k feels like a TON haha.

WoW has a lot lessing that 10 million now, I think.  There were few youtubes speculating they are down to 2-3.5 million after the last expansion.

7-8k on two servers sounds insane. 

The secret is getting out. 

Azrael.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1478 on: April 28, 2019, 05:01:45 PM »
Have you

I found doing CoH fun in the early days.  It's easier now of course.  I liked getting pre-stamina builds to work. 

It's not arduous doing missions on local maps.

Sprint was fast enough to get around?

Azrael.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1479 on: April 28, 2019, 08:24:52 PM »
So, even with both Torchbearer and Excelsior, and over 4000 concurrent players being on (per server?), there's now a 2900+ person queue to get on as of 8:30pm tonight EST?  Wow!  I'm already on.  I had no idea.

I sure hope TonyV is able to get something official going with NCsoft soon, instead of it being "slow as molasses communication which turns into 'forever for nothing' " like usual.

I mean, the poor people donating all their time for free and paying thousands of dollars to run these rogue servers can't hold out forever!  They will need to set up donations soon.

Which may be what Ncsoft is counting on so they can legally cry foul
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!