Author Topic: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release  (Read 271017 times)

Eiko-chan

• Minion
Re: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release
« Reply #1440 on: April 27, 2019, 02:36:13 PM »
I'm sure there is a demand for free CoX.   How much demand there would be for paid CoX is another question.
I would drop $15/month to play again, and I'm on a fixed budget.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1441 on: April 27, 2019, 02:38:04 PM »
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 02:44:56 PM by Azrael »

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1442 on: April 27, 2019, 02:55:24 PM »
Well, I've been trying to get on for about 4 days now and have yet to be able to actually do so.  I keep getting a server full message. 

Maybe we could institute a time-share program?  Bwah-ha-ha-ha!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1443 on: April 27, 2019, 03:54:54 PM »
I saw a wild Paragon avenger in LFG last night. But as there's sadly still no chat indicator of pants I couldn't be sure.

Servers aren't down from overload now, they tried to patch something and broke all the things.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #1444 on: April 27, 2019, 04:06:52 PM »
I would drop $15/month to play again, and I'm on a fixed budget.

So would I, happily.

Actually, I would pay for two accounts.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1445 on: April 27, 2019, 04:13:27 PM »
CoX had been F2P for several years before it got shut down, and it had actually seen an increase in revenue during that time.

Imagine all the thousands more people that are too nervous to play on a private server (or they'd rather avoid the lag, performance issues and drama there) that would jump at the chance to play again on an officially sanctioned server.

Meeeeeeeeee

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1446 on: April 27, 2019, 04:20:37 PM »
I worry about things getting too fragmented. I just want a stable home with a healthy population enough to be able to find people to do most of the game any day.

I have no doubt that for awhile after launch the server population will be fine.

The servers taht do experiments and add things like new powers may be the ones that keep the population...or not. Some may just want vanilla i24 and thats fine too
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Adam Infinity

• Underling
« Reply #1447 on: April 27, 2019, 05:14:16 PM »
From what I have seen and done. It is very accurate :)

If these notes are true for the endgame, then what's in it isn't enough for me to understand it. I.E., it doesn't explain how to get the badges you need to level past 50.                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1448 on: April 27, 2019, 06:44:31 PM »
Don't worry about that, Brigadine.  I hear what you're saying.

But there isn't just one big studio doing 'one' strand of development any more.  (And there's no one that wanted to see i24 officially released than me...and the coming of the Batallion and the Moonbase as revealed by Matt Miller in his last interview re: CoH.)

There's 20 thousands registrations so far.  That's more than enough to support a handful of servers.

The 'home brew distros' (matter of time) will cover people like me who will fly below the radar. 

You'll have big communities and small communities.  But?  We're still the CoH Federation of 'Love our Game.'

It will just be like going shopping.  You'll have your favourite type of food, clothing, car etc.  Or 'ice cream.'

You'll be able to decide what flavour of CoH you like. 

Fragmentation.  It doesn't really mean anything other than?

Choice.  Something we have in most areas of our lives.

There just won't be one studio developing the story.  Not Paragon.  Nor NC.  Those 'official' days are gone.  We have to take responsibility for i25's story content upon ourselves.  Some that want to enjoy i24 as a frozen testament to what 'nearly' launched can do so.

But the sacrfices made by the dev' that leaked the code, the team at SCORE that preserved it and really brought some quality of life improvements and development fixes to i25....scream that we, as a community have to take responsibility where it goes next.

That means coders racing to get a i24 home brew distro that can be run more economically.  It means, eventually, the tools to create our own content.  (We can start with AE....maybe write our own Battalion arc...for The Wharf zone?) 

We shouldn't fear this.  It's the nexus inflection point.

Those seeking a more 'like live' home will be wishing and hoping that Tony's talks with NC go well.  My Duo-partner feels that way.  And maybe they'll have a license to take the game forward with some story content to go with i25 along with all the fixes and improvements they've made.

Me?  The privacy of my own distro run by me...where I know a legal nuke isn't going to take down the game or the server.

Azrael.

My hopes are definitely in TonyV atm. I would love something NC blessed or better yet an actual company being created to run the game. Dare I say Paragon reborn?

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1449 on: April 27, 2019, 07:03:30 PM »
I kind of tuned out the discord today, they are having dxp this weekend?

Also dxp never applied to the AE as I recall

Double XP this weekend won't apply to Architect awards but will apply to Standard Awards.  I think that the way people will be encouraged to AE missions that aren't farming related.  Although as far as I can see, its only farming missions so far on AE lol.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1450 on: April 27, 2019, 07:04:53 PM »
Marty, being mainlined in the code, is indeed back.  We hope to appease Marty and his benevolent, if not wholly misguided, attempts at keeping the servers happy.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1451 on: April 27, 2019, 09:51:07 PM »

They don't have to take flight until L14 unless they want to?  (Plenty of temp powers for travel...from rad' missions.)

I can't say it will be as late as level 14 but on the characters I'm leveling now, I'd rather take other powers first.  Sprint is plenty fast for the early maps.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1452 on: April 27, 2019, 09:54:20 PM »
AE farming is a big part of what killed the game last time.

You'll never get caught up in a game if all you do is level up to 50 in three hours.

I remember the AE babies that couldn't play their characters.  Some of those people literally couldn't figure out how to get out of Atlas Park.

We are also not a good sample population for determining how many people would pay $15 to keep this game going.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1453 on: April 27, 2019, 10:04:44 PM »
I can't say it will be as late as level 14 but on the characters I'm leveling now, I'd rather take other powers first.  Sprint is plenty fast for the early maps.

Aye.  Most of the missions are quite local and with sprint with swift inherent.  Plenty fast to get around.

I tend to like to get an attack chain going first and some defences.

Azrael.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1454 on: April 27, 2019, 10:09:42 PM »

Tivomaniac

• Minion
« Reply #1455 on: April 27, 2019, 10:55:12 PM »
Level to 50 in 3 hours big whoop then what?  No fun in that. For me anyway but if it works for you then have at it.
--
You may know me as @PricklyDarkness from Triumph

Eiko-chan

• Minion
« Reply #1456 on: April 27, 2019, 11:41:48 PM »

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1457 on: April 27, 2019, 11:45:46 PM »
If you guys want to get distracted from all the drama this past week well go here ---> https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13351.msg232754#new

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1458 on: April 28, 2019, 12:07:23 AM »
Should probably put that is a link to an Avengers Endgame post that may contain spoilers.  It currently doesn't contain any, but you never know.

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #1459 on: April 28, 2019, 12:33:56 AM »
Aye.  Most of the missions are quite local and with sprint with swift inherent.  Plenty fast to get around.

I tend to like to get an attack chain going first and some defences.

Azrael.

Have you actually done the low level missions since your first couple characters, say before Inherent Fitness?  It sucks travelling across a zone dodging mobs.

Nearly all my heroes in the Champions TTRPG (except the guy who could change into a tiger), could fly from the start, and nearly all those I created in COX and CO should start with Fly as part of their concept.  I hated waiting to fly in COX.  Fly is a super power that I want to start with.
So those who like the old way of COX... piss off.   Let us play and make characters how we like to.  And capes SHOULD be available at level 1.  The devs did many gatekeeping things wrong, IMO.