Author Topic: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release  (Read 270875 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release
« Reply #940 on: April 21, 2019, 08:18:36 AM »
Jumping seems higher to me too... but that could also be the inherent fitness.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #941 on: April 21, 2019, 08:35:57 AM »

I played through the inherent fitness period.  Those would be my last memories of the game.  Plus, I took the fitness powers and slotted them out to the appropriate maximum - pre and post ED.

Maybe someone who knows more about the changes made in "I25", can settle the issue.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #942 on: April 21, 2019, 09:27:37 AM »
This is also really just a test server.  We'll see what the future holds.

I got trapped in my first door mission.  I couldn't exit because the Atlas Park map couldn't be found.   Since it's 2:30 AM here, I just logged out.

Is it just me or is Sprint faster than it used to be?  I'm at level 2 and I don't remember moving this fast.

Sprint and jump seem faster/higher to me.  Stamina seems more noticeable as well.  One of my chars that was toggle heavy did run out of stamina sometimes.  But my Dominator never got close.  Either way, even if those few things felt different than I remembered it still so amazing to be able to DO those things again.

I also thought it might just be the inherent fitness.  By the time inherent fitness was introduced, I used to have a travel power all the time anyway - and almost never used sprint at that point because I believe you could just use veteran travel powers for new characters. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 09:36:54 AM by Taceus Jiwede »

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #943 on: April 21, 2019, 10:57:09 AM »
Wow.

Just like old times.

Was it a dream?

I actually....

1000 barrier broken...

Azrael.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #944 on: April 21, 2019, 10:58:02 AM »
This is also really just a test server.  We'll see what the future holds.

I got trapped in my first door mission.  I couldn't exit because the Atlas Park map couldn't be found.   Since it's 2:30 AM here, I just logged out.

Is it just me or is Sprint faster than it used to be?  I'm at level 2 and i don't remember moving this fast.

Sprint seems faster.

Azrael.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #945 on: April 21, 2019, 11:29:57 AM »
Apparently the Sentinel AT was created by the SCoRE server Devs. That seems to be the most concrete data. I myself played the I24 beta heavily in the last week before shutdown. And I saw no such thing.
I saw no such thing in i24 either, but feature testing usually has at least two phases - there's an internal test before any public test server goes up with the same feature. There is a possibility that this AT might have been something that was in development before shutdown that didn't get to - or through - internal QA before Paragon staff was let go.

The i25 stuff being used now will be rewritten - it isn't stable over 200 players
It wasn't 200 players, the limiters were not working and the server had about 3 times as many players connected - and 2 times as many trying to connect.
Now it's stable and over 1K connected players. Possibly around 10K players overall.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Mister Hassenpheffer

• Boss
    • 3D printouts?!
« Reply #946 on: April 21, 2019, 12:07:56 PM »
Thanks, I'm cured.

There was a point between getting the code from anonymous devs 6 years ago and last week when there was a conspiracy to keep the private server secret with enough time to make new ATs where scrubbing the code and re-publishing it anonymously was the right thing to do.  There was a point where the well-meaning people of SCoRE lost their way and kept this golden gift to themselves instead of sharing.

My bitterness will go away when I can play again.

So how goes it friend? 

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #947 on: April 21, 2019, 01:22:20 PM »
Viva la Virtue!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #948 on: April 21, 2019, 03:17:42 PM »
Are we sure sprint doesn't just seem faster because we're back on a game where travel isn't specifically meant as a time sink?

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #949 on: April 21, 2019, 04:14:27 PM »

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #950 on: April 21, 2019, 04:18:49 PM »
Can we please not call it "Issue 25"? It's mostly powerset modifications, it doesn't have any of the story content that would have been in a real I25!

Yes more like Issue 24.1
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #951 on: April 21, 2019, 04:20:22 PM »

Garble

• Boss
  • Shy Weirdo
« Reply #952 on: April 21, 2019, 04:20:29 PM »
While I'm a bit sad that all old characters are gone, I have to put it in perspective that until a week ago I never thought that was possible.

What I hope someone is working on is a way to save and reload character data for the future. That way we can move between servers without starting over **EVERY** time.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #953 on: April 21, 2019, 04:22:08 PM »
I saw no such thing in i24 either, but feature testing usually has at least two phases - there's an internal test before any public test server goes up with the same feature. There is a possibility that this AT might have been something that was in development before shutdown that didn't get to - or through - internal QA before Paragon staff was let go.
It wasn't 200 players, the limiters were not working and the server had about 3 times as many players connected - and 2 times as many trying to connect.
Now it's stable and over 1K connected players. Possibly around 10K players overall.

So, 5th Horseman.  I remember your original handle talking about finding your way home 'one day.'

HAVE you found your way 'home?'

*winks.

I think I have... :o  *I'm in shock.

Azrael.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #954 on: April 21, 2019, 04:26:58 PM »
While I'm a bit sad that all old characters are gone, I have to put it in perspective that until a week ago I never thought that was possible.

What I hope someone is working on is a way to save and reload character data for the future. That way we can move between servers without starting over **EVERY** time.

Hmm.  This new 'Euro' law re: copyright seems to have them mindful.  So the sooner an 'ice cream' for dummies version comes out the better allowing discreet solo/LAN and P2P play with 'a 'server of 50-200-1250..... ?

A quandry but an temporary one, perhaps?

It is a 'temp' server, currently by their own admission whilst i24 begins a 'de-spag' re-write to optimise it etc.

And that will surely allow tools for modding and a plug in for multi-server access to save progress and transfer to another server.  The dust has to settle from the 'shot that was heard across Paragon City....'

The technical 'make life easiers' will probably come around in time.  The optimisations are full steam ahead.  Half a year, perhaps wider access to allow 'dummies' like me to run their own 'alternate universes.'  With different bias and flavours.

Still, if one could 'run their own' server...your characters would be safe on your own hard drive etc.

One thing.  I don't recall it being this slow going to level.  Lol.  Even on team.  I must be getting old.  :D

Ah.  the joy of being a beginner again...  Commited some rookie errors.  (No, we don't need to go into those...)

Azrael.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 04:32:56 PM by Azrael »

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #955 on: April 21, 2019, 04:36:19 PM »
Are we sure sprint doesn't just seem faster because we're back on a game where travel isn't specifically meant as a time sink?

I noticed the speed difference everywhere -- from running around Outbreak and Atlas park to my two door missions.

Some of the way point markers are broken in Outbreak.   Just a warning if you're going to do it for the badge.

Garble

• Boss
  • Shy Weirdo
« Reply #956 on: April 21, 2019, 04:43:24 PM »
One thing.  I don't recall it being this slow going to level.  Lol.  Even on team.  I must be getting old.  :D

As I recall they were doing a lot of 2X Experience events towards the end. Also, with the Sewer Trial, you could get a toon to their teens in about an hour.

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #957 on: April 21, 2019, 04:43:49 PM »
Viva la Virtue!

Odimodus

• Minion
« Reply #958 on: April 21, 2019, 04:46:50 PM »
Catching up on all of this, wow! This is the next best thing to NCsoft reversing their position on the IP, and they may have no choice but to give us the game back now. The cat's out of the bag.

Downloading is like watching water boil...

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #959 on: April 21, 2019, 05:10:56 PM »
Slow to level?  I've done two door missions and I'm already almost level 4.

The game may changed but the number one chat topic beyond "does it work" is "how fast can I reach 50"?