Author Topic: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release  (Read 270872 times)

Auroxis

• Boss
Re: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release
« Reply #920 on: April 20, 2019, 11:00:38 PM »
Today was a good day.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #921 on: April 21, 2019, 12:03:04 AM »
If I may. Please temper expectations. There is a chance to log in. However, it is a slim one. I suggest waiting until it is ready to handle far more people.

Storytime :). Today I tried for 3 hours and not one connect. (please note I am not blaming anyone.) Think of this as an Alpha test.

Mods I hope I haven't crossed any lines with this. Just offering a heart felt opinion :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #922 on: April 21, 2019, 12:48:45 AM »
If I may. Please temper expectations. There is a chance to log in. However, it is a slim one. I suggest waiting until it is ready to handle far more people.

Storytime :). Today I tried for 3 hours and not one connect. (please note I am not blaming anyone.) Think of this as an Alpha test.

Mods I hope I haven't crossed any lines with this. Just offering a heart felt opinion :)

That's what I'm doing. I'm going to wait until the server is able to function with 200+ players. As much as I'm happy that we'll able to go back home to Paragon City I'm not in a rush to get on the server yet. For those who are playing have fun!  ;) Also, thank you for answering my question Tahquitz.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #923 on: April 21, 2019, 01:30:30 AM »
Today was a good day.

Wait, what is that "Shining Star Showdown"? I don't recall anything like that.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #924 on: April 21, 2019, 01:39:01 AM »
Wait, what is that "Shining Star Showdown"? I don't recall anything like that.

Oh! I remember! That's part of the I24 package. It's one of the new missions that would've been available on live if I24 had gotten out of test. I did a bunch of stuff on the Beta server before shutdown. It's not part of the SCoRE content. It's stock I24.

EDIT:  Wait, no. It's not a mission. It's a Zone Event. Sorry about that.

BTW - if/when you get a chance - do the Kings Row mission arc that was added for I24. Played that in the Beta as well - AWESOME mission string!

There's also I24 mission content in Brickstown for former Praetorian characters. Timeline-wise it takes place AFTER the Magisterium and the defeat of Emporer Cole and deals with refugees from the largely Hamidon-ized Praetoria. I finished that with my first Praetorian on the very last day before shutdown. Took tons of screenshots.

Never thought I'd have a chance to play it again. Mind still blown.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #925 on: April 21, 2019, 01:43:22 AM »
This is just in. Our old characters are going away. However, according to the main person on Discord, the server can continue. :) Abit of bad news and good news.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #926 on: April 21, 2019, 02:16:17 AM »
I was watching that. Just to be clear - it's not because Leandro and the SCoRe team wants to withhold that database. It apparently has more to do with the asinine new regulations in the EU that just got passed.

Copy/paste from the Discord:
As of right now, we have an issue in conflict with a greater threat than NCSoft involving the EU's GDPR when it comes to the CharacterDB. Now while there is (to my knowledge) no personal data on this database, the very fact there is a European database possibly attached to it leaves us up to severe aggressive response from NCSoft. We are trying to figure out a way forward from here.
Best case scenario? We may lose all of our heroes and villains.
Worst case scenario? Everything we have worked for so far is in jeopardy. In the meantime, I insist we keep discussion to a minimum until we can figure a direction to go in.
Thank you once again.
UPDATE:
Legal council is being advised in order to figure out how to proceed. Stand by and wait for an update on this issue. We are trying to get it resolved as swiftly and efficiently as we can.

And then later this announcement:

After coming to consultation and deliberation, we have come up with a solution that will allow us to proceed with continuing on our path to restoring the community.
However in doing so, we will have to sacrifice the heroes and villains of old in order to make sure we are intangible for the future. I understand this has taken a bit of time to deliberate, but we are finally able to press onward with full spatial awareness of the situation at hand.
Thank you for your patience, now let's keep trudging forward.
Translation: We will not be able to restore your old characters.

I feel so sorry for our European friends. The internet is going to be censored there as much or even more than China's. RIP Internet for the old continent.  :'(

Oh well. Guess everyone starts at zero. That's okay. Can still recreate old characters and costumes and level them up again.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #927 on: April 21, 2019, 02:26:41 AM »
I just hope some servers allow people to upload Sentinel+ files.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Vella

• Minion
« Reply #928 on: April 21, 2019, 02:32:25 AM »
   I'm okay with this.  I don't think it's really as bad as it sounds.  Start from the beginning and enjoy it all over again. :)

Arkasas

• Lieutenant
  • Ord of the West
« Reply #929 on: April 21, 2019, 02:58:55 AM »

I do too - but nobody's worked out a way to do that, and IIRC even Codewalker and/or Guy Perfect said it might not work. (Still, with the raw data, I think characters could be created according to those specs, but then you run into the issue of server ops having limited time and resources to make people characters and it turns into a massive mess...)

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #930 on: April 21, 2019, 03:47:36 AM »

You and me both.   Those of us that prepared for this long winter should be rewarded.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #931 on: April 21, 2019, 03:49:08 AM »
Wow!

I finally got in.  My memory may be playing tricks on me but today seems busier than launch day.

VileTerror

• Underling
« Reply #932 on: April 21, 2019, 03:54:37 AM »
So, I haven't read everything here yet . . . I'm still kind of reeling from the news in general, but . . .
Yeah, I really like the idea of sort of everyone just agreeing to view their various private servers (assuming we get to that point) as just "Shards" and the stories that evolve from them are just alternate dimensions branching off from the original core lore.  Seems really appropriate for the on-going story of Paragon City and the Rogue Isles.

Hell, maybe some day we can basically implement features that give individual server operators the power to plug content in with ease.  Create a whole community of plug-and-play missions, entities, and even feature upgrades!  One can dream.

You know . . . if NCSoft doesn't nuke everything from orbit, heh.  It's been a crazy time to be a City of Heroes fan, this week.

Gun-Nut

• Underling
    • Ninja's Fate
« Reply #933 on: April 21, 2019, 04:30:13 AM »
I have a question. Does AE work too?

As far as I'm aware AE does work its just not been put online due to the load already on the servers without it.
aka DarkSynopsis

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #934 on: April 21, 2019, 05:29:54 AM »
So I wouldn't say I'm a *full* min maxer - it was too expensive. But it is nice to see what you can do to generally improve your build, even if you're not working to push an extra .5% of damage.

I still need to know if the Sentinel AT was from before shutdown or not - if it was, it needs to go on the wiki!
Apparently the Sentinel AT was created by the SCoRE server Devs. That seems to be the most concrete data. I myself played the I24 beta heavily in the last week before shutdown. And I saw no such thing.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #935 on: April 21, 2019, 05:33:55 AM »
<modhat>

Folks, I know we're all excited about this week's developments, but let's try not to post links to downloads with unknown origins on sites that we can't vouch for.

</modhat>
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #936 on: April 21, 2019, 05:39:10 AM »
My bad, thought we all knew Pine :D

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #937 on: April 21, 2019, 05:45:34 AM »
Unless I see Pine posting the link...
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

blue storm

• Boss
  • #savecoh
    • Freedom Academy
« Reply #938 on: April 21, 2019, 07:18:59 AM »
No sure the GDPR would or should actually prevent the use of the old char database. One could have uploaded the database for all. then allow those who are actually on the server  to claim their characters and then delete the piece that did not get claimed.... of course allow a window of idk, 15-30 days to do so)

then again, I can leave with that, and perhaps when things are stable, we can load our chars from Sentinel+ ?

but for now, I'm just happy we have a functioning city... (as much as I enjoyed paragon Chat, it was still missing a bit of life) and SEGS is progressing a lot, but not yet there !
--

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #939 on: April 21, 2019, 07:33:32 AM »
This is also really just a test server.  We'll see what the future holds.

I got trapped in my first door mission.  I couldn't exit because the Atlas Park map couldn't be found.   Since it's 2:30 AM here, I just logged out.

Is it just me or is Sprint faster than it used to be?  I'm at level 2 and i don't remember moving this fast.