Author Topic: Paragon Chat & Internet fails?  (Read 2778 times)

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
Paragon Chat & Internet fails?
« on: April 03, 2019, 09:59:37 PM »
My Net connection has been failing a lot the last week or so, and when the connection drops while in Paragon Chat, I get 'the XMPP Client can't find connection' notice, and P.C. just freezes up.

When that happens, I've had to shut down P.C., and then reload and log back in, but if the connection fails frequently, I lose a lot of the time in RP or convos to shutting down, relogging and loading back in.

I know  Discord will pause when the net connection fails, but as soon as the connection picks up again, Discord just picks up and carries on.

Is there any way Paragon Chat could do the same?  Some command I'm missing?  Just waiting the connection fail out?

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat & Internet fails?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 12:41:30 PM »
Usually, when my connection drops, I just type in the reconnect command: /xmpp_connect

But if your computer freezes, I'm not sure how you would type that in.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 12:14:53 AM »
I had not idea there WAS a reconnect command.  I'm totally trying that next time!  Thanks!

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 03:14:15 AM »
Hmmm, I tried   /xmpp_connect   when I mapserved, and it didn't work.

Is Mapserving different from an xmpp disconnect?

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 12:02:09 PM »
Quick correction, 'Lost connection to mapserver' has nothing to do with XMPP. It means that the client can't connect to the Paragon Chat process on your computer. It's purely a local issue -- either Paragon Chat crashed, or something is fighting for resources with it and it can't respond fast enough.

An XMPP disconnect will manifest with everybody else suddenly disappearing and losing access to global channels, along with a system message in the chat window.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 11:07:06 PM »
OK, our internet is once again having epic conection failures, every 1 - 3 minutes. 

This time, while in Paragon Chat, when the connection failed, I typed in:    /xmpp_connect

Which didn't work, even though I waited till the our internet connection came back to enter the command above.

Is there anything else I can try to get Paragon Chat to reactivate other than quitting out and logging back in?