Author Topic: Punisher Season 2  (Read 5568 times)

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
Punisher Season 2
« on: January 19, 2019, 02:14:20 AM »
I watched the first four episodes so far it's pretty good. Madani is still annoying. Also, don't be surprised if the show gets cancelled to save the heartache.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Punisher Season 2
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 06:29:34 AM »
I fully expect the cancellation.  But I'm hoping it ends in a satisfying manner like Daredevil, rather than feeling "To Be Continued" like Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 06:51:18 AM »
I see they're going with the full 13 hourish eps again fml. here's hoping there's at least 6 hours worth of actual content.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 08:35:05 PM »
I'm thinking Punisher and JJ will have "assumed endings" because they knew their fate before the season was released. (Excellent chance Netflix is sinking it all and wiping the slate clear.)  Iron Fist and Luke Cage were thinking another season was coming when they wrapped production.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 12:19:26 AM »
I fully expect the cancellation.  But I'm hoping it ends in a satisfying manner like Daredevil, rather than feeling "To Be Continued" like Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

It does. You will feel satisfied when you watch the finale. I just finished it a couple hours ago.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 08:59:44 PM »
Wow that was completely unnecessary. I wish i had that 4 hours and change back. Idk how you non-speedforce types made it through. Kept expecting Jessica's mom at some point.

I like that they decided rather than have Jigsaw be any more disfigured than your average face tattoo they'd just give him a few scars but have everyone react to his face like he was really disfigured. And I think we're all wondering why there are so many flip phones.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 11:25:16 PM »
As someone who works graveyard shift at a hotel, I was amused by Debbie.  Sun or no sun, if you check in on my shift it ain't a new day.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 09:23:27 PM »
I read someplace the Punisher might be the next big game for PS or Xbox. Not sure which.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 09:40:19 PM »
I read someplace the Punisher might be the next big game for PS or Xbox. Not sure which.

Gameplay consists of running into the middle of streets or rooms then being surprised when you're shot at and have to take cover.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 10:56:30 PM »
I like that they decided rather than have Jigsaw be any more disfigured than your average face tattoo they'd just give him a few scars but have everyone react to his face like he was really disfigured. And I think we're all wondering why there are so many flip phones.

Hrm... 8 episodes in and no one has reacted like he's extraordinarily disfigured so far.  The strongest reaction was a jerk on a bus, but I've actually seen someone mess with a guy on a bus over face tattoos but instead of adjourning to an alley they fought right there.  I haven't noticed flip phones, either, but they've made sure I know the smartphone is Samsung's.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 09:13:49 AM »
I'm not responsible for your narcolepsy :P

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 09:49:08 PM »
Ah, burner phones.  I would've noticed even without a heads up in episode 9.  They made with a lot of the buzzing in a short period there.  Not particularly remarkable, otherwise.  Disposable, cheap, and not as traceable as a family plan. 

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 10:22:17 PM »
Well yeah, but smart burner phones are cheap too. I suppose the explanation is that Frank's old.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 05:33:07 AM »
It's been a year or so since I checked, but last time I did the flip phones were about half the price of the smartphones.  But even if they weren't, I bet Frank would be thinking about practicality in the field - flip phones being smaller, easier to stow, less likely to end up in harm's way in a ruckus, and in my experience packing more battery life.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 11:07:03 AM »
It's been a year or so since I checked, but last time I did the flip phones were about half the price of the smartphones.  But even if they weren't, I bet Frank would be thinking about practicality in the field - flip phones being smaller, easier to stow, less likely to end up in harm's way in a ruckus, and in my experience packing more battery life.

And you like having actual buttons since you only use it as a tip calculator.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 11:28:19 AM »
On the rare occasion I'm somewhere I need to tip, I can do that in my head.  It's not like I'm ever powering a Bistromathics drive.

I do like the design of those sort of sideways phones with the full slide-out keyboard, though.  But I couldn't find one in my region when I was looking, burner or otherwise.  I ended up going with a cheap smartphone on an actual service that wasn't Sprint (whose customer service had irked me to the point I was quitting them with prejudice).

But I digress...

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 10:47:34 PM »
Just finished it.  That was a great ending.  And aside from the doctor-Russo relationship, and Amy being a bit annoying now and then, the whole season was pretty good.  The pacing was fine if you're not a hyperactive chipmunk with an attention span so short that fruit flies think you should slow down a bit, and it was a decent enough Punisher story.  Though if it were going to be a long run kinda show, I think Punisher would be better served by episodic content with perhaps the occasional loosely tied together story arc that culminates in a two part finale or something.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 12:00:48 AM »
The pacing was fine if you're not a hyperactive chipmunk with an attention span so short that fruit flies think you should slow down a bit

Go to bed Gramps.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 02:15:26 AM »
Who was the Priest guy? He barely had screen time this season and why he had beef with Frank?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 06:31:22 AM »
Who was the Priest guy? He barely had screen time this season and why he had beef with Frank?

John Pilgrim?  Or the guy played by the dad from Psyche?

The latter hired the former to get rid of Frank and the girl to bury blackmail info about his son being gay.  John Pilgrim had the extra motivation of his employers having his wife's life in their hands (and then his sons' lives after she died).  Pilgrim was apparently based on a character called the Mennonite.  Pilgrim's only beef with Frank was him being an obstacle between him and his family - in the end, Frank reunited Pilgrim with his sons and they parted peaceably enough.