Author Topic: The Orville Season 2  (Read 13799 times)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: The Orville Season 2
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2019, 02:37:34 AM »
Surely the Krill are going to take advantage of the now decimated fleet by the end of the season? Avis demands it!

Well, we try harder. :)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2019, 04:16:25 PM »
Another completely serious and well done episode that reminded me a lot of classic Trek.  I stand solid in my belief that what Seth wanted to do from the beginning was create a STTOS type series but Hollywood which always wants the same thing over and over wanted another "Seth McFarlane" goofy series.  So he compromised until the ratings were strong and the reviews about it being the only good Trek on tv were in.  Now he's steering it in the direction he originally wanted.

And although I thought I would miss Alara, Talla makes a much better and more believable security officer.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2019, 11:00:59 PM »
I'm liking Talla, but I miss Alara.  The off-note of a stick thin girl smashing an airlock open in one shot just doesn't get old with me.  I guess I have that in common with Joss Whedon. :)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2019, 03:02:08 AM »
I miss Alara.  She added cute factor.

Gordon continues to have moments of awkwardness that make him the worst, with character moments that are just good enough to barely make him tolerable.  Other than those awkward moments, this latest episode was pretty good.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2019, 01:56:25 AM »
I miss Alara.  She added cute factor.

Gordon continues to have moments of awkwardness that make him the worst, with character moments that are just good enough to barely make him tolerable.  Other than those awkward moments, this latest episode was pretty good.

Yeah Alara added a cute factor and I miss that, but I don't miss her as security.  I certainly would not object if they added her back to the show in a different position.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2019, 01:03:47 PM »
Ye gods... the voice of the Moclazon revolution...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2019, 08:34:31 PM »
I have to admit I loved that... But then again I'm apparently REALLY old.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2019, 04:39:16 AM »
I have to admit I loved that... But then again I'm apparently REALLY old.

I'm old enough to almost have forgotten the movie every time I hear that song.  I laughed pretty hard.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2019, 12:32:29 AM »
Might as well just rename the show the Moclans since every other episode is about them.  This was a decent episode but the show has taken the Worf obsession of TNG and turned it up to 11.  For me Bortus has always been a meh character at best.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2019, 11:59:37 AM »
Still not watching, but...

The last Moclan episode was #7, with the Moclan who liked women.

The problem is there are not enough episodes per season to properly focus on the ensemble cast plus the universe. They've focused too much on Isaac and Bortus, and the rest of the cast doesn't get much love. Gordon and LaMarr almost may as well not be there. Ed and Kelly really don't do a whole lot either. They're also not delving into the setting like a typical Star Trek series would. Outside of the main cast aliens, only the Krill have gotten much focus.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2019, 12:17:55 PM »
There have been at least a couple of Malloy-centric stories this season.  He's actually seemed to grow up a little.

I can't recall any stories that focused much on LaMarr, though.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2019, 08:48:03 PM »
If anyone ever tells you that your Kaylon headcanon won't fly, just point them at that episode...