Author Topic: Elseworlds Crossover  (Read 7493 times)

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
Elseworlds Crossover
« on: December 10, 2018, 02:50:51 AM »
So this crossover this year is interesting. So a psychiatrist have some kind of magic book that can manipulate really.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
Re: Elseworlds Crossover
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 12:21:23 PM »
I'm actually going to wait till all 3 episodes have been broadcast before watching this year.

Every year the CW makes better Justice League movies than the DCEU version.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 05:52:36 PM »
Doesn't seem to have the same "interesting" level as Earth-X did. But okay.

Hmm... hey! There was no daughter thing on Flash. Yay!
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 07:42:40 PM »
I'm actually going to wait till all 3 episodes have been broadcast before watching this year.

Every year the CW makes better Justice League movies than the DCEU version.

Doing the same thing. Trying not to read any spoilers - and since its three days in a row, its not hard to wait.

I still say they should let these guys make the DC films - they are much better.

Last years crossover was way better then the JLA film.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 08:21:36 PM »
"wait guys, we forgot to include a stupid relationship conversation in this. come up with something ridiculous we can shoehorn in, stat!"

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 02:48:31 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Flash from Earth 90: "Hey guys, is this the Arrowverse?! It is the Arrowverse! Lois Lane is the ke- I mean this scene is better than Batman v. Superman!"

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 10:24:01 PM »
My favourite thing so far was ~Somebody saaaave me!~
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 02:09:52 AM »
A tribute to Smallville?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 02:25:32 AM »
Is it me or do these feel like they got real writers to do half the episode then let the regular writers do the second draft? If you cut out the usual stupid conversations these'd be quite good.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Though Batwoman was pretty bad. Granted there's not a whole lot to go on from the comics but they pretty much just wrote her as grumpy Bruce. And the Psycho Pirate (who i thought was Killer Moth before I googled. cuz, y'know it looked more like his mask and it'd make sense for him to be in Arkham) inmates running the asylum line was just awful.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:44:00 AM by Vee »

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 03:42:56 AM »
Next year is already looking good.

Crisis is coming.

I hope it is just more then 3 episodes, to do it justice.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 04:51:13 AM »
If I recall correctly, Psycho-Pirate was driven insane by his pre-crisis memories.  How that plays into the Arrowverse I don't know as I'm waiting for all three parts of Elseworlds to be available on the CW streaming app.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 05:06:05 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Though Batwoman was pretty bad. Granted there's not a whole lot to go on from the comics but they pretty much just wrote her as grumpy Bruce. And the Psycho Pirate (who i thought was Killer Moth before I googled. cuz, y'know it looked more like his mask and it'd make sense for him to be in Arkham) inmates running the asylum line was just awful.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I enjoyed her, but despite her appearance on a roof beforehand when she showed up at the Wayne building I thought it was a young man who was going to be Damien Wayne.  The world's finest bit was a little too cute.

I thought Killer Moth wore a helmet with big moth eyes and an antenna thingie.  I figured it was Psycho Pirate, but then he apparently ended up a throwaway reference.  I'm assuming we won't get much context for Eradicator, either.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 01:30:00 PM »
If I recall correctly, Psycho-Pirate was driven insane by his pre-crisis memories.  How that plays into the Arrowverse I don't know as I'm waiting for all three parts of Elseworlds to be available on the CW streaming app.

Something is up because
Spoiler for Hidden:
Kara says Clark is frenermies with Bruce/Batman. So does that mean somehow Supes from E38 has been teaming with Bats from E1 over 3 years ago or was she talking about a Batman on her Earth 38.

Wasn't totally wowed with Batwoman, but to be honest she didn't get to do much.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 01:40:10 PM »
I assumed she meant on her Earth.

The cheesy things I happily accept in the Christopher Reeves Superman movies made me groan and smile like a terrible dad joke when they used them in that episode.

I kinda hope the Crisis brings Supergirl's universe wholly into Earth 1.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 02:11:38 PM »
I assumed she meant on her Earth.

The cheesy things I happily accept in the Christopher Reeves Superman movies made me groan and smile like a terrible dad joke when they used them in that episode.

I kinda hope the Crisis brings Supergirl's universe wholly into Earth 1.

Possible if they do it the way it is in the comics - the assumption was after Flashpoint and Supergirl moving to the CW this might happen, but Supergirl still had her own Earth.

The fight had more than a few nods to Superman II - that guy makes an excellent Superman. Too bad he is being sidelined for a while.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 02:30:55 PM »
Something is up because
Spoiler for Hidden:
Kara says Clark is frenermies with Bruce/Batman. So does that mean somehow Supes from E38 has been teaming with Bats from E1 over 3 years ago or was she talking about a Batman on her Earth 38.
Spoiler for Hidden:
The existence of Earth 38 Bats has been coyly hinted since Supergirl S1. I'm very sure she means Earth 38.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 03:08:38 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
The existence of Earth 38 Bats has been coyly hinted since Supergirl S1. I'm very sure she means Earth 38.

I thought so too. Don't really watch Supergirl except for these crossovers so didn't know if they had a Batman there.

Hopefully we will see a Batman (Batmen?) next year.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 04:05:44 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm assuming we won't get much context for Eradicator, either.

wait, where'd you see him?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 05:53:08 PM »
At the end of episode 2, or so it appeared to me.  Once episode 3 popped up it proved to be a visual reference at best.  "At best" because this is from my own fuzzy recollection of the death and return of Superman in the comics.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 06:17:22 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I didn't even consider Eradicator. At first I just thought it was an evil Clark. Glad it was neither.