Author Topic: Supergirl Season 4  (Read 10252 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Supergirl Season 4
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2019, 08:25:53 PM »

Now... where did those other bolts go? Hmm...

Into your Kool-Aid Ohhhhhh Yeahhhhhhh! :P

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2019, 05:38:15 PM »
The Kara/Nia interaction was decent.  The rest was just silly and did indeed seem as though they were just shoehorning in the overarching season plots. Even I couldn't come up with a semi-logical reason why things happened.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 03:14:51 AM »
That last episode was actually pretty good.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 11:15:48 AM »
This whole season has been great, imo. Only way it could be better is if Cat were back.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2019, 05:25:19 AM »
Two in a row. How sad is it that freaking Ducky is a better Lex than the academy award nominee and winner they had playing him the last two times in big budget movies?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2019, 10:28:32 AM »
If you asked me who I thought should be the next person to play Lex Luthor, I certainly never would have thought to mention Jon Cryer.  I'm quite surprised with how well he seems to be pulling off the character, though.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2019, 05:03:11 PM »
Two in a row. How sad is it that freaking Ducky is a better Lex than the academy award nominee and winner they had playing him the last two times in big budget movies?

Well he did play Lex's nephew so I guess he got some practice.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2019, 04:10:21 AM »
If you asked me who I thought should be the next person to play Lex Luthor, I certainly never would have thought to mention Jon Cryer.  I'm quite surprised with how well he seems to be pulling off the character, though.

Yeah, I admit I didn't think it would work and damn they sure showed me.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2019, 12:02:40 PM »
I wasn't really surprised, but I don't know why I wasn't surprised. I don't recall Cryer ever playing a role like this (closest, I think, was voicing Faust in recent Justice League toons). I guess I just had faith in his acting abilities. I think he's very underrated.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2019, 03:23:40 AM »

While I can find the politicalness of the writing in supergirl to be groan inducing in a billion ways, it is light years better than the writing in the Live Action DC stuff. Good Writing can elevate a bad actor to something great, and completely torpedo a good one.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2019, 08:51:30 PM »

I'm very late to this game, but I just got to the Lex episode and pretty much had this reaction.  Just replace "Jon Cryer" with "that guy from that sitcom".  And I love that he's paired up with Otis and Miss Tessmacher.  Enjoying this season more than last for sure.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.