Author Topic: 504 Gateway Timeout  (Read 5807 times)

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
504 Gateway Timeout
« on: September 10, 2018, 05:56:12 PM »
People have been having problems accessing Paragonwiki for the last week or so.
As of 12:55 PM (Central Time), it's failing with a 504 Gateway Time-Out.

jonsp1170

• Underling
Re: 504 Gateway Timeout
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 07:30:53 PM »
Further in the, "or so," range, I think (know it's been an intermittent problem for quite a while now, but it seems to have been happening with increasing frequency over the past few months). It seems particularly bad on the weekends. Increased traffic? Or maybe I just run into it more often on the weekends because I reference the wiki more often when I'm running my tt game. Could barely access it Saturday 9/8 and Sunday 9/9, but it seems to be working fine now (Monday 9/10, 12:30 PM PT)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 11:03:07 PM »
Good to know.  I'll point the proper people in that direction.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 01:24:27 AM »
I got a 504 this weekend (or sometime in the last week). But refreshing solved the problem - the last time I got the bad gateway issue refreshing did nothing. I'm not sure if that's significant.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 12:24:32 AM »
I've been using it infrequently the last 4-5 days and I haven't seen issues with it.

Granted, it doesn't mean that issues are not happening, necessarily.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

jonsp1170

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 03:36:54 PM »
Just a heads up, wiki's throwing this error again. Been trying to use the wiki since around 5:45 AM (2/16/19). 504 is almost constant. I've been able to get in twice between 5:45 and 7:30 AM, but it remains accessible for only a few minutes at a time. Once I am inside the wiki, if it goes down while I have a page loaded and I click a link to a new page, I get a "502 Bad Gateway" error.

So, happy Saturday TonyV, or Blondeshell, or whoever has to deal with this! :-) (And, can't be said enough, thanks again for all your time and effort.)

Note: 7:35AM now, wiki's back up and seems stable for the moment.

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 05:39:32 AM »
I've been getting these errors again for the last 24 hours.  Could it just be that tons of people are using the site again lately?

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 04:49:30 PM »
I opened 4 tabs of the wiki... got a 504 in one, then 502 bad gateway errors (and the Wayback Machine plugin offering to show me an archived version). Then back to 504s.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 06:41:04 PM »
The team is aware of this and is working on a long-term fix.  We appreciate the patience on this, it's been happening quite a bit lately.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran