Author Topic: xbpp was unable to connect  (Read 3206 times)

metalb00

• Underling
xbpp was unable to connect
« on: August 05, 2018, 01:30:16 PM »
so i cannot connect to the server, i have the latest version, have made firewall exceptions, disabled avg, verified, reinstalled and still nothing.  i have no issue logging into the forum and i believe my forum info is my login info plus @chat.cohtitan.com  any help where to look for an issue or a step i may of forgot would be super helpful

thanks!

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: xbpp was unable to connect
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 02:01:53 AM »
Ideas:

-- Highly unlikely but check with ISP if you're at home.  Is the port blocked?  5222, 5269, and 5298 are the defaults.  If they block the ports, not much to be done short of changing providers.  Public internet locations like School Campuses (including Dorms and Student Housing), Libraries, and Workplaces with BYOD all tend to block chat services like IRC, XMPP, and such, so if you're not using it at home YMMV.
-- Username is your forum name.  You don't have to do the @chat.cohtitan.com anymore, it'll assume that's where you're signing into.
-- Is the error message "XMPP was unable to connect!  Make sure that your XMPP login information is correct"?  If it is not, what is the error message saying specifically?
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

metalb00

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 08:13:59 PM »
Ideas:

-- Highly unlikely but check with ISP if you're at home.  Is the port blocked?  5222, 5269, and 5298 are the defaults.  If they block the ports, not much to be done short of changing providers.  Public internet locations like School Campuses (including Dorms and Student Housing), Libraries, and Workplaces with BYOD all tend to block chat services like IRC, XMPP, and such, so if you're not using it at home YMMV.
-- Username is your forum name.  You don't have to do the @chat.cohtitan.com anymore, it'll assume that's where you're signing into.
-- Is the error message "XMPP was unable to connect!  Make sure that your XMPP login information is correct"?  If it is not, what is the error message saying specifically?

Im on comcast so im guessing if they were blocking those ports there would be alot more help requests, are there other ports i can test?  and yes the error is "XMPP was unable to connect!  Make sure that your XMPP login information is correct"

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 03:43:12 AM »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

metalb00

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 11:48:36 PM »
i forwarded the ports on the router but using a port checker site they are still listed as closed.  looks like i'm gonna have to call Comcast.  seems so strange this would be an issue