Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 2919 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
What's the haps?
« on: July 25, 2018, 04:46:36 PM »
No news lately (since the subocalypse scare), what's up??

STO still has me pretty entertained but I've been seeing tempting TA team auctions in Trade channel. I forget what the loot is, even, with TA (Gold Rec?), but I remember it being a fun challenge with the right teams.

On the subject of Trade... STO has the deadest trade channel... ever. For a game with such active trading (I've made billions (2ish+..) already), it is kinda weird. The Exchange is definitely superior in STO. None of that paying to list stuff, crap... which leads to way more listings and freedom to experiment with pricing. The Exchange interface could be way better in both games, especially CO.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Soul Resonance

• Boss
Re: What's the haps?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 08:17:45 PM »
No news lately (since the subocalypse scare), what's up??

STO still has me pretty entertained but I've been seeing tempting TA team auctions in Trade channel. I forget what the loot is, even, with TA (Gold Rec?), but I remember it being a fun challenge with the right teams.

On the subject of Trade... STO has the deadest trade channel... ever. For a game with such active trading (I've made billions (2ish+..) already), it is kinda weird. The Exchange is definitely superior in STO. None of that paying to list stuff, crap... which leads to way more listings and freedom to experiment with pricing. The Exchange interface could be way better in both games, especially CO.

SB got a revamp. In terms of content, same as the last 2-3 years, so nothing new.
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 09:29:12 PM »
SB got a revamp.

That must account for everyone, now..... except.... Archery? Wind? Archery is already pretty cool, really. It could maybe use a little more punch. Wind has no punch? And its powers look kinda cool but are kinda clunky in battle?

I think Single Blade is the one and only power set I never made a build out of. Due to.. Dual Blades, probably. Hey, I don't have to retcon.

Probably half my toons have had forced retcons on them. One toon they even stole some powers from (Ball Lightning...that wasn't even nerfed but was kinda.. essential) just to get me to reroll him.. It's like, dang, I'm not trying to OP the CO world with my crusty old builds with dusty old skills, I just wanna pop in and play them once in awhile without having to sit in the Powerhouse first.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Soul Resonance

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 01:25:36 AM »
That must account for everyone, now..... except.... Archery? Wind? Archery is already pretty cool, really. It could maybe use a little more punch. Wind has no punch? And its powers look kinda cool but are kinda clunky in battle?

I think Single Blade is the one and only power set I never made a build out of. Due to.. Dual Blades, probably. Hey, I don't have to retcon.

Probably half my toons have had forced retcons on them. One toon they even stole some powers from (Ball Lightning...that wasn't even nerfed but was kinda.. essential) just to get me to reroll him.. It's like, dang, I'm not trying to OP the CO world with my crusty old builds with dusty old skills, I just wanna pop in and play them once in awhile without having to sit in the Powerhouse first.
I can understand that. What I do is if it's not worth(more than likely it's not) I just don't bother playing that toon or in general if I really just wanted to play that type of build. Very rarely do I respec my toons, and when I do I play them for about 3 days, then back to hibernating/RL  :P
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 04:34:53 PM »
I can understand that. What I do is if it's not worth(more than likely it's not) I just don't bother playing that toon or in general if I really just wanted to play that type of build. Very rarely do I respec my toons, and when I do I play them for about 3 days, then back to hibernating/RL  :P

That's pretty much why I stopped playing was due to it didn't take more than a few weeks, at most, and I was sitting in the Powerhouse again, preparing to play, instead of actually playing which is what I logged on for. That, and, I spent a lot of time on my builds (not that they are so uber, they just took me a long time!).. and I was getting tired of seeing that effort wiped out due to things constantly weren't working like I built them to work when I would log in.

It all boils down to I was getting really... mad, frustrated, and other not good things when I logged on and then one day I was like "does it hurt when you hit yourself? why are you still hitting yourself?" And then I tried STO and it sucked me in.

I started using the CO Trade channel in STO and they took that privilege right away.. You can't talk in Trade from STO anymore. I hesitate to even mention that you can Read Trade due to I'd rather not see that function poof, too. It's nice to be able to kinda keep up on at least part of the vibe.
Some Faves: