Author Topic: Marvel's Cloak & Dagger  (Read 6809 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Marvel's Cloak & Dagger
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2018, 07:22:18 PM »
Season 2 greenlit for 10 eps again. Seems like a good number for this. Actually it seems like a good number for a lot of shows that do more too.

Oh and I love the idea of the bank that lets you open safe deposit boxes under fake names, holds the box without the rent being paid for 10 years, then lets anyone who has the key in without an ID.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2018, 07:28:26 PM »
It was supposed to be a shocking and horrifying moment, but because of the associated trope I was fully expecting it in the lead up and just burst out laughing at the reveal...

Maybe that's just evidence that I'm a horrible person.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2018, 05:10:05 AM »
It was the best episode yet although yes the trope was predictable.  Both of them.  I just hope they tie up both the Roxxon and dirty cop storylines and don't drag them through season 2.  I know they can do it but I doubt they will. 

I liked the reference to Misty. At least they aren't pretending they are in a completely unrelated universe.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2018, 06:03:03 AM »
I think I liked the Ivan episode better.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Tandy's flashback seemed to drag on and lacked relevance.  And the reveal about her father was an eyeroller for me.  That it pushed her to strike a deal where she gives up her leverage for money just made it worse.  Yeah, that corrupt suit you humiliated and threatened who has assassins on call will totally call it even and move on now...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2018, 04:27:05 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Eh, she's a teen who's been living on the street who's had her whole world turned upside down again and just found out the father she idolized turned out not to be the perfect hero she thought. I can't say it's all that surprising to me.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2018, 07:02:21 AM »
What bothers me the most is Detective O'Reilly doesn't remorse killing Greg. She could've AT LEAST show some of emotion out of her to show that she's made a mistake but, she just brushed it off and continued being a "Good Cop." l liked that Tyrone addressed it to her but, he still trust her for some reason. Gtfo.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 07:07:31 AM by Dev7on »

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2018, 12:07:10 PM »
Stan Lee cameo in a painting...  it's bugging me because I can't recall the original work and artist...

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2018, 12:41:53 PM »
Well, it's in an Andy Warhol style portrait.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2018, 01:45:44 PM »
Well, it's in an Andy Warhol style portrait.

Thanks.  For some reason, my brain was stuck on Jackson Pollock.  But that's the drippy guy.  Stupid old brain.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2018, 09:07:40 PM »
Instead of a bad cover of Come Sail Away, I was hearing The Touch in my head.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2018, 05:25:06 PM »
So Detective O'Reilly will be the main antagonist in season 2?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2018, 06:04:43 PM »
Detective O'Reilly want pants too!

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2018, 09:47:45 PM »
She becomes Mayhem, a vigilante in the comics.  If I recall correctly, it's been a long time since I read them, she's helps C&D more than hinders.

In the comics it's Dagger that resurrects her.  I guess they, the TV people, want to make that Dark Force stuff more important.

In that last episode I thought maybe Dagger would learn to use her light power to drive the fear from the "terrors", trying it out first with Mina.   Oh well.  Her light also heals, but I guess they're dragging that reveal out a little longer.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2018, 10:48:39 PM »
I loved how Tyrone absorbed Conners into the Dark Dimension like he did in the comics. I thought that was cool.